Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ipswich v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 37887 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 11:38:53 »

Seemed fair enough from what I watched.
It was a struggle because I still David Prutton is massive fucking twat.

Shame they didn’t have any ‘properly’ connected with Swindon in the studio but hey ho. Would have been ace to see Super Sammy there having played for both clubs
Panda Paws

« Reply #451 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 12:16:29 »

Matt Mills is a very good lower league analyst.
REDBUCK

« Reply #452 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 12:23:53 »

A great and much needed win that's for sure. New boys settled in quickly and much more of an allround team performance.

Hopefully a step forward to more consistancy game to game in Jan as we're still in bottom 4 and games look tough but Saturday to Saturday should help. Need to get in wins before Tuesdsy loseday games in Feb.

A few more ins and outs this month I'm sure so might still be more change for Donny.

Did we escape from Suffolk without further injuries, how's Lydon?
normy

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 12:28:06 »

A great win, but I think we had a little  fortune on our side, unlike in some previous matches. Long may it continue.

ust be the oldest
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 13:12:45 »

Two pieces of good fortune last night. The off the post effort and our ‘New Improved Recipe Goal Keeper’  one on one save when the defence was caught out and waving for offside, which as we know was not given. That said, we have had the luck of a one leafed clover on many levels so far this season so to actually get some was an added bonus. Even the bestest god given right to be top five premier league teams get their fair share + of luck. Just spunking 10’s of £m’s of pounds on players is not enough on its own.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 19:32:03 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 15:53:16 »

Two pieces of good fortune last night. The off the post effort and our ‘New Improved Recipe Goal Keeper’  one on one save when the defence was caught out and waving for offside, which as we know was not given. That said, we have had the luck of a one leafed clover on many levels so far this season so to actually get some was an added bonus. Even the bestest good given right to be top five premier league teams get their fair share + of luck. Just spunking 10’s of £m’s of pounds on players is not enough on its own.

Agree, but in the luck debit column goes Pitman's goal line clearance.  The  better you play the luckier you get.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 16:14:57 »

A great win, but I think we had a little  fortune on our side, unlike in some previous matches. Long may it continue.
I don't think we were especially luckier than in previous games. The difference was we took advantage of it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 16:29:44 »

Interesting snippet on commentary about the number of goals we’ve conceded.

According to the stats prediction Expected Goals Conceded should only be 25 instead of 42. Sums up our problems very nicely.
I think you might find some on here questioning that statistic and saying that it was just unfairly picking on the goalkeeper!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 16:34:58 »

I thought that stat pointed out that 17 of our goals conceded should not have been - which is about right.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 17:01:26 »

"John Deere, Massey Ferguson, David Brown. Your boys took a hell of a beating"

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #460 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 17:46:47 »

I thought that stat pointed out that 17 of our goals conceded should not have been - which is about right.
That sounds about right to me. Slackness in defence and goalkeeper mixed with poor ability have cost us very dearly this season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #461 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 18:39:25 »

I think Andrew Hawes does a pretty good job on our comms, but for those who don't, here's a reference point for you next time you want a grumble.

https://twitter.com/jiff1967/status/1348309759787732992?s=20
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 18:41:20 »

I think Andrew Hawes does a pretty good job on our comms, but for those who don't, here's a reference point for you next time you want a grumble.

https://twitter.com/jiff1967/status/1348309759787732992?s=20

We've had some good commentators over the years with Hawes, Chris Wise & Ed Hadwin along with Hodgetts

So, give no fucks
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 20:37:43 »

Whilst Pitman was clearly blowing towards the end I assume he wasnt subbed off as Sheridan didn’t think Hope or Smith would have the same physical presence up there.

I mean you’re right in saying the ball kept coming back but I’m not sure bringing on more mobile strikers would have made much difference

Although Hope doesn’t have quite the same physical presence as Pitman, he’s got a great leap on him and has held the ball up well before when playing as a central lone striker. I’m just surprised Sheridan didn’t see that as an option considering the pressure we were under.

Even if Shez doesn’t rate the alternative options over what’s on the field, surely he can see when we’re under pressure and need some fresh legs or even just to break the flow of the game up and disrupt the opposition pressure. It concerns me that he doesn’t seem to see or is unwilling to react to very obvious problems.

Not too much else to complain about based on that performance though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 20:39:06 »

"John Deere, Massey Ferguson, David Brown. Your boys took a hell of a beating"
Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: