Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ipswich v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 38271 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 23:14:23 »

The passing involved in our first 2 goals reminded me a bit of Crawley away last season.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 23:26:43 »

The passing involved in our first 2 goals reminded me a bit of Crawley away last season.

I imagined hearing a distant cry of 'GET IT FORRRRWARRRRD' during the build-up of goal 2 especially.

You know, for old times sake.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 23:31:02 »

I imagined hearing a distant cry of 'GET IT FORRRRWARRRRD' during the build-up of goal 2 especially.

You know, for old times sake.

😀 Football Phil would have ambushed the Ipswich faithful after that.
Would have scattered them all over.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 23:36:30 »

32:19 | Ipswich 0-1 Swindon
1:36:55 | Ipswich 1-1 Swindon
1:42:30 | Ipswich 1-2 Swindon
1:48:50 | Ipswich 1-3 Swindon
2:02:14 | Ipswich 2-3 Swindon
2:32:30 Full Time

If you wondered what was happening in Ipswich - Standard fickle as fuck football fans though  
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 23:38:25 by Formerly Drummer Boy » Logged

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 23:48:29 »

You could hear him all game. Kovar very quiet.
Kovar was very vocal at the one game I managed to actually see in the flesh

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 00:12:00 »

Haven't read back.

Shameful coverage by SKY who were willing Ipswich to win throughout.

Bigging them up....did you know that Jason Dozells son plays for them!?!? Look at Jackson! They should be playing in a higher league??

Prutton, who turns my guts, seemed to be the only one to shout out for us.

Then a heap of excuses when it looked like they could lose.

When it was all over, we appeared to have won only by a wonder goal....
Well fuck you SKY and Paul Cook, because, just for once, we played well and deserved it!

Thompson was epic....

Keeper looked as if he was trotting out for his local pub, ref zero nerves.....

We had shape, discipline, knocked it about..I was in a daze....

DJ forgiven for his pissing about costing us.

Best performance this season by a country mile.

Springboard....please!!!

Gonna read back...

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #441 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 02:20:24 »

I’m going to say it.

I reckon we’ll win

You did say it.

Good shout.
Flashheart

« Reply #442 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 02:33:42 »

If we've learned anything from this, it's that we need more Russian half time ska.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 02:49:14 »

If we've learned anything from this, it's that we need more Russian half time ska.

If you want a decent English comms next time, do ask. Will happily oblige  Smiley

But that brings us nicely onto "ski" and "ska", which I believe denotes male and female in names.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 09:46:33 »

Whilst Pitman was clearly blowing towards the end I assume he wasnt subbed off as Sheridan didn’t think Hope or Smith would have the same physical presence up there.

I mean you’re right in saying the ball kept coming back but I’m not sure bringing on more mobile strikers would have made much difference
I agree with VD. Keep their giants doubling up on Pitman and hopefully grab the second ball

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 10:06:17 »

32:19 | Ipswich 0-1 Swindon
1:36:55 | Ipswich 1-1 Swindon
1:42:30 | Ipswich 1-2 Swindon
1:48:50 | Ipswich 1-3 Swindon
2:02:14 | Ipswich 2-3 Swindon
2:32:30 Full Time

If you wondered what was happening in Ipswich - Standard fickle as fuck football fans though  

Six fans, you've only got 6 fans...
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 10:17:23 »

Keeper looked decent, although hardly troubled. Great save from what I thought was the office change.

Caddis looked sharp going forward yet a yard off the pace in defence. Booking early probably didn’t help. Connory was solid. I barely noticed him which as a defender his probably a good think. Fryers was solid for the most part but a few dodgy moments

Thompson was solid defensively and decent going forward. Linked up well with DJ. Man of the Match for me.

Smith and Lyden were good in the middle. Got on the ball and kept it well (apart from the first 15 mins of the second half) as did Twine. Thought he looked extremely composed and playing deeper with the game and goal on front of him suites him a lot better than being out wide or further up front.

If Ronaldo has hit that we’d be seeing replayed if it for the next decade.

I thought Palmer was very good. His final ball was poor and he didn’t offer much going forward but I’ve played enough games on the wing myself to know you have those sort of games where you sacrifice going forward to offer extra cover to the full back. He did that very well and at no point would I have replaced him with a more attacking player.

DJ played well, apart from dicking about with it too much and giving it away for their first goal.

Our third goal summed up Pitmans entire game. Technically he didn’t do or offer a lot but he was effective. He was always there to challenge for the call, to put pressure on the defender, to get in the way.

We played very well first half. Although Pitman wasnt winning all the headers we were still picking up second ball, we didn’t do this half as well second half. It’s what ultimately lead to Ipswich getting it back to 1-1. At that point you wonder whether we are going to crumble or not. We might have but for Twine’s moment of magic.

This to me is spot on. Espescially Palmer. He helped out Caddis hugely . I think if this new right back is as good as we hope you will see Palmer be a lot more attack minded.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 10:42:16 »

enjoyed that. was buzzing before the match after 2 weeks off and new signings. they didnt disappoint.

twine was no where near mom but a stunner to remember. looking forward to seeing what he can do the rest if the season.

pitman- 6 starts this season- 3 wins 2 losses and a draw. why did he play 90 though! he hasn't got into in his legs and we could have seen it out a little easier with fresh legs of hope or smith.

generally just nice to have players in positions. been waiting a month to see Conroy back in his cb position and he was brilliant. the goals were soft but it offers hope fo the season.

tough fixtures ahead, but we know anyone can beat anyone and it's time to clock some points up. it was a must win match league table wise and we did it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 11:09:57 »

Interesting snippet on commentary about the number of goals we’ve conceded.

According to the stats prediction Expected Goals Conceded should only be 25 instead of 42. Sums up our problems very nicely.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 11:33:32 »

Haven't read back.

Shameful coverage by SKY who were willing Ipswich to win throughout.

Bigging them up....did you know that Jason Dozells son plays for them!?!? Look at Jackson! They should be playing in a higher league??

Prutton, who turns my guts, seemed to be the only one to shout out for us.

Then a heap of excuses when it looked like they could lose.

When it was all over, we appeared to have won only by a wonder goal....
Well fuck you SKY and Paul Cook, because, just for once, we played well and deserved it!

Thompson was epic....

Keeper looked as if he was trotting out for his local pub, ref zero nerves.....

We had shape, discipline, knocked it about..I was in a daze....

DJ forgiven for his pissing about costing us.

Best performance this season by a country mile.

Springboard....please!!!

Gonna read back...

Interesting comments re. the Sky coverage - I thought the commentary called it spot on throughout and gave Swindon plenty of credit. Paul Cook was quite right - the wonder goal stopped Ipswich’s momentum at a point when they looked the more dangerous.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: