Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ipswich v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 38469 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 09:27:00 »

Strange that our lineup could have 5 'new' faces in it. Also necessary given our last performance!

I can't see us getting much though. They have off days sure but Ipswich are a pretty decent, well drilled side. A good chance for case of the ex (as is standard procedure) with Woolfenden and Jackson (if you count him). They also have ex Cobblers Cornell in goal who I swear always has blinders against us.

Think Ipswich win this by 2.
Panda Paws

« Reply #31 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 09:32:24 »

I think that even if Freeman and, perhaps, Johnson, are a little off it fitness-wise, I'd be inclined to give them minutes.

A I said on the LSPod last week, we almost need to treat this tough run of 3 fixtures as a mini pre-season with a new squad, so I won't be too judgmental re the performances of the new boys immediately.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 09:37:31 »

Difficult to predict the line up. I would expect all those signed plus Palmer and Twine featuring.

I'm excited about watching this. I hope we don't continue with our normal abysmal Portman Road record.

I'm hoping for a strong, battling performance, where we are competitive, solid at the back and create chances. I also hope to see us score too!

I'd love a win, settle for a draw but be happy with a strong performance in a defeat.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 09:43:59 »

Apparently Wright was interviewed for the vacant Motherwell job before they appointed Graham Alexander.

Another one jumping?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 10:08:58 »

The daily record said it was ex st johnstone manager Tommy Wright, different bloke to our fella

I’d be inclined to believe the Scottish newspaper on this one

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 10:10:29 »

We definitely missed a trick not appointing Tommy Wright as gaffer and keeping Tommy Wright as assistant

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 10:12:32 »

That’s the Adver for you!
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 10:15:58 »

Certainly is a difficult line-up to predict, but here goes...

Travers starts obviously, and think Thompson and Twine are chucked straight in also. Freeman and Palmer will be bench at best for this one. Agree with Terry above, that it's time to give Conroy and Fryers a run as a centre-back partnership.

(4-2-3-1)
GK - Travers

RB - Odimayo
LB - Thompson
CB - Conroy
CB - Fryers

CM - A.Grant
CM - M.Smith

RW - Jaiyesimi
AM - Twine
LW - Hope

FOR - Pitman

Subs - Matthews (GK), Freeman, Baudry, Lyden, Payne, J.Smith, T.Smith

Our last 10 day break between games led to the Franchise horror show, so really don't know what to expect? Hopefully the freshness brought to the squad by the new recruits and departures (Kovar & Stevens) so far can have a galvanising effect? It's a tough game though, Ipswich's home record against sides below them in the table is impeccable (played 7, won 7, conceded just 2) and an honourable defeat where we play well but lose 2-3 say, might be enough to signify some progress?

If we can recruit a decent striker or two next week, and who's to say we can't given the Travers and Freeman signings this week, then perhaps we've got a fighting chance of having a monster February... enough to give us a chance of staying up? We'll find out soon.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 10:17:35 »

Apparently Wright was interviewed for the vacant Motherwell job before they appointed Graham Alexander.

Another one jumping?

No the adver fucked up with their cutting edge journalism.

It was the ex St Johnstone manager
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 10:30:46 »

Everything that Sheridan has said has indicated that Twine will be on the bench and will have to fight for his place, so I am not sure why everyone thinks he is a shoe in to start.  I could be wrong of course but I expect him and Palmer to be on the bench.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #40 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 10:44:16 »

No the adver fucked up with their cutting edge journalism.

It was the ex St Johnstone manager
They also call them Mortherwell in the headline! Great work Adver, top top stuff!

Since been removed!

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18996475.swindon-town-assistant-tommy-wright-interviewed-vacant-mortherwell-manager-job/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 10:45:53 »

If we do line up 4-2-3-1 and everyone is available

GK - Travers

RB - Freeman
LB - Thompson
CB - Conroy
CB - Fryers

CM - J. Lyden
CM - M.Smith

RW - Jaiyesimi
AM - Twine
LW - J. Smith

FOR - Pitman
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 10:48:54 »

If we do line up 4-2-3-1 and everyone is available

GK - Travers

RB - Freeman
LB - Thompson
CB - Conroy
CB - Fryers

CM - J. Lyden
CM - M.Smith

RW - Jaiyesimi
AM - Twine
LW - J. Smith

FOR - Pitman

I like this a lot.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 10:57:18 »

Everything that Sheridan has said has indicated that Twine will be on the bench and will have to fight for his place, so I am not sure why everyone thinks he is a shoe in to start.  I could be wrong of course but I expect him and Palmer to be on the bench.

My thoughts entirely. Not adverse to him starting by any means though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 11:11:55 »

Bit of a tricky one with Twine, obviously his confidence is sky high off the back of a great loan spell at Newport so is there a danger that starting him tomorrow will see an element of him trying to hard to impress?

I suspect he will be on the bench but either way I do think he will be involved and it will be fascinating to see how well he does. IIRC he had a super pre-season didn't he (I know you can't tell much from pre-season) which has led into his positive spell at Newport.

Hopefully he isn't written off immediately if he doesn't live up to expectation tomorrow.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: