Stevens - 0 (0%)
Hunt - 1 (3.7%)
Pitman - 8 (29.6%)
Caddis - 5 (18.5%)
Lyden - 1 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Franchise MoM  (Read 2911 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 21:05:09 »

I've tried to be generally supportive, but that's the angriest I've been this year. Players actually not giving a shit after a ten-day break. One of those games where they wouldn't have got away with it if there'd been a crowd in the ground.

Picking a MoM from that is like trying to find a virgin in Trowbridge. Fuck sake.
 Crash

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 21:05:19 »

nope
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 21:06:03 »

Pitman did ok when he came on
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 21:07:15 »

Curran or Fryer - at least they didn’t contribute to that horror show on the pitch.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 21:08:27 »

Pitman's cameo was the best I've seen him play in a Town shirt, he held the ball up well and even had a a bit of industry about him.

Payne scored an absolutely stonking goal and looked bright in the spell where we were any good between half time and the fourth goal. He also looked lost at LWB.

Conroy was fairly good throughout if you want a 90 minute performance.

Otherwise we were very, very bad.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:43:40 »

That wasn't a match, it was a surrender.  I can't vote this time.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:50:36 »

Curran or Fryer - at least they didn’t contribute to that horror show on the pitch.
Agree.  One of the un-used subs for me.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 23:17:47 »

I wasn't going to do this, but I can't shake the anger at the performance.

Kovar 2/10:
- Worst performance so far and he's had some poor ones.

Odimayo 2/10:
- Has been good in the last few weeks but had a stinker tonight.

Baudry 2/10:
- How did he last so long? More mistakes than good points. Blasting ball into the stands. Over committing, losing the ball and leaving gaps in the defence.

Fryers 4/10:
- Scares me when he doesn't have someone well playing next to him.

Grounds 4/0:
- Looked to be trying, but he's not an attacking left back

Conroy 5/10:
- A defensive midfielder amongst a midfield of defensive midfielders - Didn't do too bad. Played OK in defence. Would come away from that thinking he did OK, but nothing spectacular. But, he's the captain. Did he rouse the troops?

A Grant 3/10:
- Didn't influence the game. Hope he was injured. But fear he was not.

M Smith 4/10:
- He does the simple things well until he gets near the box. However, tonight he seemed to blast short passes to those around him or be trying to rebound the ball off them.

Payne 3/10:
- Cracking goal. Did little else of note.

DJ 2/10:
- How did he stay on all game?

T Smith 2/10:
- Offside all the time. Always seemed to be in a huff. Didn't link up play. Offered nothing up front.

Subs:
Hunt 5/10: Prob would have been MotM if he hadn't decided put in that rash challenge and got sent off. Tightened up the defence and covered others well. Started to threaten going forward a bit too.
Caddis 5/10: Offered more of a threat going forward and defended OK
Pitman 5/10: Had a 15-20 minute spell where his link up play was good. Also a threat in the box. Needed someone to play with up there though.
Stevens 3/10: For me he doesn't offer anything. He had quick feet and pace to burn earlier in the season. Have teams sussed this now and don't give him space to run or had he been told to stick to the line? Either way, offered very little
Lyden 4/10: I was scared every time he went in for a challenge as I was sure he would break. Didn't do much, but had more impact than others in midfield.

From that lot, I don't feel it appropriate to award a MotM. AS others have said, Curran and Fryer probably get the MotM as they didn't contribute to the inept performance. (And lets not forget, we looked better in the 2nd half as MK took their foot off the gas as the game was won. We huffed and puffed with 111, but I don't think we looked particularly like scoring - We certainly didn't look like creating enough clear cut chances to score 2 or 3)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 23:28:26 »

I've gone with Caddis but not for the match. Purely based off giving his take on Town and where we are at. You also know with Caddy he cares for the cause...only if he is pushed too far does he decide to think "fuck it" but my assessment of him is he is largely a loyal man and he understands the fan.

He would play anywhere on the park and although I joked, his prospect of being a keeper increases by the day. Position aside, he's always been skipper material to me. The last of a rare breed of leaders. Needs everyone on board though. Caddy has it in him to convince other players/the dressing room to fight for the cause but it might just be that he's been in this scenario one too many times before. He knows what he needs to do but as the old saying goes;

'When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. As an old man, I still do but I realise the only thing I can change is myself.'

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 00:09:48 »

Grounds 4/0:

This annoys me, and saw the same from posters in the match thread, he wasn't playing left back, he was playing in back three with Payne as LWB.  Granted, he kept wandering off to the left touchline.  I don't know the personal circumstances, but he's playing like a fucking pensioner.  He's not the only one.  It's why Odimayo, who was shit today, was so exposed with two players down their left.  That and Baudry playing Kamikaze football.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 01:01:06 »

The first half was awful and we needed 3 subs to spark some life into the game but it was already lost.

Odimayo is not a natural right-back and if anyone tells me he is, he's pretty shite at it. It's strange in honesty that he's been favoured in that role over an actual richly experienced right back in the form of Paul Caddis, especially when you have Donkey Baudry and Clumsy Grounds playing at the heart of the defence. Fryers can't cover for two fuckwits either side of him.

I'm glad Grounds has been injured and I hope Baudry enjoys a long spell on the bench so that we can build a central defence partnership with Conroy and Fryers in the middle, Caddis on the right and a new left-back to take over from Donohue.

Granty really wasn't at the races tonight. Everyone is entitled to an off day but there was a real lack of movement in the heart of midfield and nothing was being broken up in the first half. It was one-way traffic all coming in through the front door.

I feel sorry for Tyler Smith.. He's the same type of player as Jamie Vardy but how we expect our shortest player in the squad to win headers against 5'6+ centre backs from Grounds or Baudry hoofs upfield. If I was him, I'd be demanding better service rather than the dogshit he gets served. I don't understand why we don't play Tyler and Pitman up front together in honesty, Tommy Mooney and Sam Parkin type of partnership right there.

Kovar I think has been improving over the last couple of weeks and has been exposed by the donkeys in central defence fucking up repeatedly. He's a goalkeeper, not fucking superman, but he sadly hasn't had the ability to keep enough balls out of the net. If that was his last game for us, it can't get much worse... I wonder what it would have been like if we had the Chelsea goalkeeper in on loan?

Jordan Stephens is like Sonic the Hedgehog without any end product. I'd buy him and develop him, get him to work on his crossing and delivery and he'll be a £1mil+ plus within a year or two.

MOM tonight though has to be Pitman. Was at the heart of driving us forward for the short spell in the 2nd half. If only we started the game like that, we'd have given them a damn good game and probs won. Aside from Hunt getting sent off, the team and formation that finished the game has to be the starting team against Wigan to give us any hope, surely?1

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 10:06:38 »

Pitman was the only player who looked like he gave a shit and he was at most a 6, the rest not even worth a 1.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 10:43:16 »

I wasn't going to do this, but I can't shake the anger at the performance.

Kovar 2/10:
- Worst performance so far and he's had some poor ones.

Odimayo 2/10:
- Has been good in the last few weeks but had a stinker tonight.

Baudry 2/10:
- How did he last so long? More mistakes than good points. Blasting ball into the stands. Over committing, losing the ball and leaving gaps in the defence.

Fryers 4/10:
- Scares me when he doesn't have someone well playing next to him.

Grounds 4/0:

Conroy 5/10:
- A defensive midfielder amongst a midfield of defensive midfielders - Didn't do too bad. Played OK in defence. Would come away from that thinking he did OK, but nothing spectacular. But, he's the captain. Did he rouse the troops?

A Grant 3/10:
- Didn't influence the game. Hope he was injured. But fear he was not.

M Smith 4/10:
- He does the simple things well until he gets near the box. However, tonight he seemed to blast short passes to those around him or be trying to rebound the ball off them.

Payne 3/10:
- Cracking goal. Did little else of note.

DJ 2/10:
- How did he stay on all game?

T Smith 2/10:
- Offside all the time. Always seemed to be in a huff. Didn't link up play. Offered nothing up front.

Subs:
Hunt 5/10: Prob would have been MotM if he hadn't decided put in that rash challenge and got sent off. Tightened up the defence and covered others well. Started to threaten going forward a bit too.
Caddis 5/10: Offered more of a threat going forward and defended OK
Pitman 5/10: Had a 15-20 minute spell where his link up play was good. Also a threat in the box. Needed someone to play with up there though.
Stevens 3/10: For me he doesn't offer anything. He had quick feet and pace to burn earlier in the season. Have teams sussed this now and don't give him space to run or had he been told to stick to the line? Either way, offered very little
Lyden 4/10: I was scared every time he went in for a challenge as I was sure he would break. Didn't do much, but had more impact than others in midfield.

From that lot, I don't feel it appropriate to award a MotM. AS others have said, Curran and Fryer probably get the MotM as they didn't contribute to the inept performance. (And lets not forget, we looked better in the 2nd half as MK took their foot off the gas as the game was won. We huffed and puffed with 111, but I don't think we looked particularly like scoring - We certainly didn't look like creating enough clear cut chances to score 2 or 3)
In Tyler Smiths defence here. The reason he is huffing is because he makes a run and they turn back then the fucking idiots behind hit it long when he is offside
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 11:30:29 »

There is only 1 thing wrong with Kovar - it’s his decision making. When to come, when not to come. When he does he doesn’t look fully committed to it. His frailties were exposed last night. Didn’t come quick enough for the 2nd goal, ref should have awarded them a penalty in the 2nd half, again, just down to his decision making.

Who knows what affect a bumbling keeper has on the rest of the defence. They end up booting it clear cos they don’t trust him.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 16:52:31 »

Gallows humour, trolling, having a larf or genuinely weird?

Come on now, hands up, which 3 of you voted for Baudry and Kovar as MOM Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: