Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Franchise pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 23551 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 08:21:08 »

Do you think STFC will still exist this time next year?
That is a genuine concern. I guess the hope is the rescue package and grants see us through.

BUT

I think we have another crisis coming up. Season ticket renewals or lack of.

I think it's really difficult to make a case to renew to those that have paid this year but feel pissed off that is not really been recognised with so much as a thank you. At least that I/they've seen.

The club are going to have to be creative somehow. And that's a risk
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 08:45:30 »

Watching the highlights back..

First goal - Conroy didn't cover off the tackle in midfield, which meant Odimayo came forward, overextended himself and fucked us with Baudry and Grounds largely passengers whilst they stood there and watched like they were at the cinema..

Second goal - Baudry was in timbuktwo leaving a massive hole in the middle of defence that a stretchy long bus could have parked in, Conroy tried to come back and save the day but the damage was done.

Third goal... I don't know how blind people can officiate a touchline but fuck me.... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1toaTxd1poIIYadEX5dsttKylM_2QI_Pk/view?usp=sharing

Fourth goal, whats the point...

I think the ball watching by Baudry, Fryers and Grounds for the "offside" goal was even worse.  No one is anywhere near Jerome when he shoots to score a training ground one on one goal unopposed.  If his shot had hit Kovar, no one is even bothered about a rebound.  That was the story of the whole of the first half.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 08:48:34 by RedRag » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 08:58:08 »

It all stems from the top. The players/staff know Power has no interest in running the club and it’s left hanging in the wind until he manages to offload it. I’d imagine nobody wants to work in such an atmosphere of ‘couldn’t care less’ and is desperate to get out.

Easy to say they’re professionals but who’d put a shift in for people you know don’t care whether you win or lose. We get the usual cliches after yet another defeat and stumble on to the next gaming hoping things will change.

The manager, his personal problems aside, is fucking useless and can’t even get a team organised in a recognisable fashion as a team.

I honestly thought last season’s success would be the springboard for a run at the Championship, yet here we are destined to be cast back into the abyss where even L2 survival isn’t guaranteed.

We are truly in the shit.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 09:02:55 »

I think the ball watching by Baudry, Fryers and Grounds for the "offside" goal was even worse.  No one is anywhere near Jerome when he shoots to score a training ground one on one goal unopposed.  If his shot had hit Kovar, no one is even bothered about a rebound.  That was the story of the whole of the first half.

The worst bit for me on that 3rd goal was Jerome was directly in Grounds line of vision but lets the player go only knowing 60-75% sure that he's offside but still let the player run on. Thank god he's injured now

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 09:24:41 »

It all stems from the top. The players/staff know Power has no interest in running the club and it’s left hanging in the wind until he manages to offload it. I’d imagine nobody wants to work in such an atmosphere of ‘couldn’t care less’ and is desperate to get out.

Easy to say they’re professionals but who’d put a shift in for people you know don’t care whether you win or lose. We get the usual cliches after yet another defeat and stumble on to the next gaming hoping things will change.

The manager, his personal problems aside, is fucking useless and can’t even get a team organised in a recognisable fashion as a team.

I honestly thought last season’s success would be the springboard for a run at the Championship, yet here we are destined to be cast back into the abyss where even L2 survival isn’t guaranteed.

We are truly in the shit.

Summed up perfectly unfortunately.
Just hoping we are not on a mid term free fall. So much wrong about the club right now and where it is heading. Unbelievable transformation in 12 months and just to think after the Plymouth New Years Day game we would be where we are right now. I am trying to blot it all out right now as it’s depressing. The only small crumb of comfort is not travelling home and away watching sub standard performances from so many players that are simply not good enough for this level.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 10:18:25 »

Duke
As you have indicated the attitude seems messed up from the top down... Power has been an absentee owner/ chancer for far to long it seems
If the claims by others are in fact true he is not going to be the owner soon either. It would seem he has been running the club with  the needs of other peoples monies since2015
The big shame is.... The club currently does not seem to have the strength to survive this latest major crisis.
As asked previously has the Trust or Supporters club been in contact with the Aussie Builder or even Standing aka Barry to get their take on the current state of play and are they in a position to take on the club
COYMRs
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 10:20:23 »

It's a bit 99/00 again.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 10:26:29 »

It's quite simple the job has always been way too big for Power and with a combination of his ignorance, lack of funds/vision, poor managerial choices is taking us back to the low depths of the football league again. Can we survive another relegation in the current climate remains to be seen🤔🤔🤔🤔
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 10:29:27 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 10:44:33 »

I'm no pro power, but ask yourself this. During the tough 12 months,who has kept the club afloat. With no income from fans, the money has to come from somewhere.

We are lucky we have a club to support.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 10:52:11 »

I'm no pro power, but ask yourself this. During the tough 12 months,who has kept the club afloat. With no income from fans, the money has to come from somewhere.

Exactly. Just where has the money come from? No way Power is funding it personally - if he hasn’t put his own money since he ‘owned’ it he isn’t going to now.

Don’t get sidetracked by Covid as it’s the same for every club. No doubt others are in a similar boat.

The problem with selling the club is how many skeletons are in Power’s cupboard.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 11:24:07 »

As asked previously has the Trust or Supporters club been in contact with the Aussie Builder or even Standing aka Barry to get their take on the current state of play and are they in a position to take on the club
And it's been answered many times, at least as far as the Trust being in contact with Clem. Yes they have and seem to have quite a positive relationship with him. Whether he's in a position to take on the club might be another matter.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 11:32:57 »

If you’re buying a club you wait until it’s available at its cheapest - which is always when a club is at its lowest ebb. Administration is the favoured time for a buyer.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 11:54:26 »

The last few games have shown us that  we aren't far off a bad team.
That statement works in both directions, unfortunately
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 11:55:42 »

You're right over the past 9-12 months the club could have gone under so he's been doing something right to ensure that hasn't happened but looking back to 2013 when he first took over it's just been one rollercoaster ride after another excluding most of last season

So, give no fucks
REDBUCK

« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 12:29:30 »

Isn't a rollercoaster ride the norm for a club of Swindon's size, some good, some bad, some medicore.

It's all about degrees. Our downs are always spectacularly bad.

As for the ownership, its never been stable in my time again the bads have been spectacular, three admins and one demotion show that.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: