Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Franchise pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 23674 times)
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:01:16 »

Yes.............. Suicide
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:02:19 »

Oh and Gladwin must wonder what the fuck has happened to this club. On the verge of Championship football a little over 5years ago.

What is sad to ponder briefly on is that Preston are sustained as a mid-table Champ club with forays into their PO positions. Sheffield United are a Premier League club (likely to be a Champ club at minimum). Why is it always Town who seem certain to fucking fail whilst the other go on to success.

We do have to ask a question:

Are Town really such a toxic club?

Ughhh.

Whilst I get your point, football doesn’t really work like that. In general Sheff Utd and Preston are both a fair bit bigger than Swindon and will always average a higher league position than us. We beat Leeds 3-0 twice in a season a few years back and look where they are now.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:03:52 »

Tbh NMH, I think that was just Wright covering his own ass. I still think the main reason is not that several players don't want to be here but that they don't want to play under Sheridan/Wright.
You are probably right.

If I was Twine, I'd be begging to stay at Newport. They'll be above us next season.
I think we forget, that its all about the money. Twine may want to press on in L1 to get a Championship spot next year, rather than L1. I'm not saying that he is Champ material, but as a professional athlete you have to have confidence in your ability and he has got to be hoping for Premiership at some point!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:04:08 »

Swindon fans are victims of supporting a club whose suits operated with a business model that didn't prepare for a worst case scenario - that being no fans coming through the turnstiles. This plus a few other factors.

It's been a perfect storm.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:08:18 »

The simple answer is their are no local wealthy supporting investors in the club.
Swindon has fucked over everyone who showed any passion to take us forward including Bill Power, Fitton with Black and others.      
Surely someone has got Dysons telephone number Huh?

Bad Mood  
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:11:38 »

Just so frustrating and painful.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:15:19 »

Bloody hell...........

Even they have moved out

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jan/22/dyson-to-move-company-hq-to-singapore
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:22:30 »

It just comes as a shock to sense such an on field malaise so soon after a great season.

It's all very 2010-11 - without Charlie Austen!

When good players turned to shit (Douglas, Cuthbert, JPM) and were supplemented by useless twats like Prutton, Dossevi and Pericard, leaving promising youngsters like Ritchie to give it their best shot in hopeless circumstances.  

They say it's the hope that kills you but even that evaporated before we knew it under Hart.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:25:13 by RedRag » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:24:13 »

With Honda going too that just leaves us with Lidl & Aldi as the prosperous company's in Swindon😁

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:25:20 »

Having digested that, am really starting to fall out of love with this. Have supported the town since around 05, have never seen us higher than this division. Was really getting my hopes up as last years team was a proper outfit (great group of players, management and a sense of the club going somewhere). It's around the 3/4 time that the 1 step forward, 3 steps back has happened, but the losses are hurting less - I was laughing at how bad we were today. Without being able to go to the games, it's the perfect recipe for disillusion.  
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:25:25 »

Whilst I get your point, football doesn’t really work like that. In general Sheff Utd and Preston are both a fair bit bigger than Swindon and will always average a higher league position than us. We beat Leeds 3-0 twice in a season a few years back and look where they are now.

I admit both those teams have larger fanbases and are larger infrastructures in terms of overall club but ok then how about these:

Fucking Burnley
Leicester
Brighton
Fulham
Norwich
Swansea
Bourn fucking mouth
Brentford
Watford
Reading
Barnsley
Bristol City
Fucking Huddersfield
Bloody Luton
Cardiff fucking City
Wycombe wanking Wanderers
Lincoln pissing City
Doncaster Rovers
Accrington fucking Stanley (who the hell are they?!)
Fleetwood bastarding Town

Some of those higher up I know have had some great success (Leicester obviously) and managed to sustain it (or yoyo between Prem & Champ. But why the fuck does it have to be Town that haven't been able to sustain it. I don't need Town to be Premier League but sustained even as a bottom 12 Champ club would do. With an occasional sniff of PL exploits but nope, Town teeter yet again on basement footy; a division even shitter than this one.

I know for every "successful" club we can probably name ten "rubbish" but it always seems like Town just do not get a fucking break. Well not for near on 30 years now. We are due some good fortune and I don't just mean being able to hang on in L1. It's not even about over egging any aspirations. Look at those teams above. They have all gone on (or will go on) to some sustained success higher up the food chain. I despair. Town does deserve better than this. Even 5years seems a long time ago now. At least Town were competing for something - now they have become nondescript.

Newport, FVR, Chelt & Exeter could all be in a league above Town next season. Would love to know Reg's thoughts on a Town potentially playing in a JPT version of the Wales & West mini League (whilst those three advance to the League Cup version). Fucking hell Town.

"There is no manney shawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:28:00 »

With Honda going too that just leaves us with Lidl & Aldi as the prosperous company's in Swindon😁
Think you may be forgetting the local Food Bank.

(apologies for the bad taste, I'm normally more sensitive)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:29:45 »

Think you may be forgetting the local Food Bank.

(apologies for the bad taste, I'm normally more sensitive)

It's ok you're angry after tonight's showing!

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:30:38 »

I admit both those teams have larger fanbases and are larger infrastructures in terms of overall club but ok then how about these:

Fucking Burnley
Leicester
Brighton
Fulham
Norwich
Swansea
Bourn fucking mouth
Brentford
Watford
Reading
Barnsley
Bristol City
Fucking Huddersfield
Bloody Luton
Cardiff fucking City
Wycombe wanking Wanderers
Lincoln pissing City
Doncaster Rovers
Accrington fucking Stanley (who the hell are they?!)
Fleetwood bastarding Town

Some of those higher up I know have had some great success (Leicester obviously) and managed to sustain it (or yoyo between Prem & Champ. But why the fuck does it have to be Town that haven't been able to sustain it. I don't need Town to be Premier League but sustained even as a bottom 12 Champ club would do. With an occasional sniff of PL exploits but nope, Town teeter yet again on basement footy; a division even shitter than this one.

I know for every "successful" club we can probably name ten "rubbish" but it always seems like Town just do not get a fucking break. Well not for near on 30 years now. We are due some good fortune and I don't just mean being able to hang on in L1. It's not even about over egging any aspirations. Look at those teams above. They have all gone on (or will go on) to some sustained success higher up the food chain. I despair. Town does deserve better than this. Even 5years seems a long time ago now. At least Town were competing for something - now they have become nondescript.

Newport, FVR, Chelt & Exeter could all be in a league above Town next season. Would love to know Reg's thoughts on a Town potentially playing in a JPT version of the Wales & West mini League (whilst those three advance to the League Cup version). Fucking hell Town.

"There is no manney shawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

You forgot Blackburn!

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:31:54 »

Having digested that, am really starting to fall out of love with this. Have supported the town since around 05, have never seen us higher than this division. Was really getting my hopes up as last years team was a proper outfit (great group of players, management and a sense of the club going somewhere). It's around the 3/4 time that the 1 step forward, 3 steps back has happened, but the losses are hurting less - I was laughing at how bad we were today. Without being able to go to the games, it's the perfect recipe for disillusion.  
I think you have to put this into perspective. We are a team that bounces between L1 and L2 with the odd flirtation higher up once in a blue moon.

This season is all about challenging at the bottom of the table. The last few games have shown us that  we aren't far off a bad team. I think I would have preferred us to have been playing a top of the table team after the enforced Christmas break. If we'd lost that in this manner we would have taken it.

However, to have been thrashed at home by a poor team challenging at the bottom with us, was hard to take.

I don't think we have enough for mid-table mediocrity this year. I'm just hoping that we can put up a fight. If we go down, then we have the prospect of a rebuild and potential to be challenging near the top or for play offs in the next couple of seasons - which would bring back the feel good factor as quickly as it has evaporated this year.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: