Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Franchise pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 23554 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 10:07:39 »

I have a horrible feeling of deja vu.

0-2
Panda Paws

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 10:26:51 »

4 points from the next two, or we're really going to be slipping away.

We've got most of the bottom 8 at home. Those games could determine our fate.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 10:58:18 »

Ive already resigned myself to relegation to be honest. Cant be disappointed then.

So rudderless with no leadership at all levels of the club
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 10:58:41 »

5/2 at home to beat that shower of plastic shit!

Our best performance and best win of the season - 4-0.
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 11:02:12 »

So rudderless with no leadership at all levels of the club

I don't know where this idea has come from. I get that Power appears to be AWOL, and results have not been great, but it's clear to see improvements on the pitch.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 11:06:55 »

Tomorrow’s ref has dished out 40 yellows and 6 reds in his 17 games this season.

Better get that bath water warmed up early!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 11:28:30 »

I don't know where this idea has come from. I get that Power appears to be AWOL, and results have not been great, but it's clear to see improvements on the pitch.

Behave

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 11:32:44 »

Behave

Behave how?

We've been playing well in a lot of games, albeit without doing quite enough to get the right results. This includes against teams near the top.

Go back through the matchday threads and most other people say the same. That just seems to get forgotten for some reason.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 11:38:28 »

I dunno. Looking nice in attack does not equal playing well for me if it’s paired with a complete inability to defend

Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 11:42:35 »

Defence still needs improvement but we have improved. We have been playing OK, defence problems aside. We are unfortunate to not have more points.

But I was more getting at the 'rudderless' comments that I keep on seeing and the accusations of the manager not giving a shit. I have seen no evidence of this and it appears to have come from speculation after he missed a couple of pressers (due to personal problems).
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 11:43:41 »

The Dongs have only won the same number of games as Town and are only 5 points and 6 positions better off than us despite them playing a game more than us.

Their last 5 league games have finished LDDLW so they are definately easily beatable, their only win in the last 5 being a home win vs the awful Bristol Rovers.

They have a couple of players well known and liked by Swindon fans in Ben Gladwin and Louis Thompson as well as ex Swindon manager as assistant manager Luke (warm) Williams.

They have a hugely experienced team with some well known names with good careers behind them but have a very inexperienced manager in Russell Martin who after 50 games in charge only winning 16 of them giving him a win ratio of just 32% almost as low as Williams run at Swindon where he won just 20 of his 75 games.

Hopefully the 10 days rest since our last game can work in our favour with several players needing the rest.

In home games vs these club stealing wankers we have beaten them 3 times and they have won 4 of the 11 meetings. Town scoring 9 and conceding 12 in the process. The last 2 games ending as 1-1 draws.

No idea what weird and wonderful line up we will play though.

But this is the sort of game we should be winning, MKDongs are not a good side unlike Charlton, Doncaster and Fleetwood who we played in our last 3 games and are eminently beatable if we all pull together and cut out the defensive/goalkeeping errors (yes I say the same every week and yet here we are!).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 11:47:18 »

That’s fair. I think comments about sheridans commitment are daft, Power is  fairer game given what we know about the state of the club and transfer activity in the summer. Big January coming up for him now

As far as on the pitch i do see what you’re saying, but it’s very much a case of ‘the operation was a success but the patient died’ from what I’ve seen

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 12:30:28 »

The Dongs have only won the same number of games as Town and are only 5 points and 6 positions better off than us despite them playing a game more than us.

Their last 5 league games have finished LDDLW so they are definately easily beatable, their only win in the last 5 being a home win vs the awful Bristol Rovers.

They have a couple of players well known and liked by Swindon fans in Ben Gladwin and Louis Thompson as well as ex Swindon manager as assistant manager Luke (warm) Williams.

They have a hugely experienced team with some well known names with good careers behind them but have a very inexperienced manager in Russell Martin who after 50 games in charge only winning 16 of them giving him a win ratio of just 32% almost as low as Williams run at Swindon where he won just 20 of his 75 games.

Hopefully the 10 days rest since our last game can work in our favour with several players needing the rest.

In home games vs these club stealing wankers we have beaten them 3 times and they have won 4 of the 11 meetings. Town scoring 9 and conceding 12 in the process. The last 2 games ending as 1-1 draws.

No idea what weird and wonderful line up we will play though.

But this is the sort of game we should be winning, MKDongs are not a good side unlike Charlton, Doncaster and Fleetwood who we played in our last 3 games and are eminently beatable if we all pull together and cut out the defensive/goalkeeping errors (yes I say the same every week and yet here we are!).

Let's not dismiss them too early as they comfortably beat Sunderland away and have Cameron Jerome up front assuming he's fit

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 13:20:32 »

I don't think he cares as much as others would care if they were in charge but it is what it is. I do agree with Tans tbh i get the impression at times we are like a sinking ship and then professional pride just kicks in
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 28, 2020, 13:34:40 »

It's a funny old game.

I see a group of players that are fighting but are just missing a couple of pieces that would hold them together better as a team.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: