Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Franchise pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 23566 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:31:59 »

Having digested that, am really starting to fall out of love with this. Have supported the town since around 05, have never seen us higher than this division. Was really getting my hopes up as last years team was a proper outfit (great group of players, management and a sense of the club going somewhere). It's around the 3/4 time that the 1 step forward, 3 steps back has happened, but the losses are hurting less - I was laughing at how bad we were today. Without being able to go to the games, it's the perfect recipe for disillusion.  
If we'd made no difference to the performance as a crowd, the venting against the players, the manager and above all Mr Power would have been worth the admission.

At least Wright seemed to give a shit, whatever his motivation.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #361 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:36:00 »

Wonder how much room we will have to make the changes we need in Jan.

We need a jobbing L1/L2 keeper, a fit striker to support Pitman
and a Doughty like centre mid minimum in my opinion.

We can likely send some of the loanees back. Kovar and Stevens are the two most likely although there is a case for others  (M Smith excepted).  Fryer contract runs out in Jan.  Was anyone else on such a short term deal?

I would bring back Twine and Palmer to have a look at them in L1. If they are up to it then keep them.  If they are not going to play a significant part then loan them back out.

What happens in Jan will play a big part in how our season unfolds
adje

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:43:48 »

I admit both those teams have larger fanbases and are larger infrastructures in terms of overall club but ok then how about these:

Fucking Burnley
Leicester
Brighton
Fulham
Norwich
Swansea
Bourn fucking mouth
Brentford
Watford
Reading
Barnsley
Bristol City
Fucking Huddersfield
Bloody Luton
Cardiff fucking City
Wycombe wanking Wanderers
Lincoln pissing City
Doncaster Rovers
Accrington fucking Stanley (who the hell are they?!)
Fleetwood bastarding Town

Some of those higher up I know have had some great success (Leicester obviously) and managed to sustain it (or yoyo between Prem & Champ. But why the fuck does it have to be Town that haven't been able to sustain it. I don't need Town to be Premier League but sustained even as a bottom 12 Champ club would do. With an occasional sniff of PL exploits but nope, Town teeter yet again on basement footy; a division even shitter than this one.

I know for every "successful" club we can probably name ten "rubbish" but it always seems like Town just do not get a fucking break. Well not for near on 30 years now. We are due some good fortune and I don't just mean being able to hang on in L1. It's not even about over egging any aspirations. Look at those teams above. They have all gone on (or will go on) to some sustained success higher up the food chain. I despair. Town does deserve better than this. Even 5years seems a long time ago now. At least Town were competing for something - now they have become nondescript.

Newport, FVR, Chelt & Exeter could all be in a league above Town next season. Would love to know Reg's thoughts on a Town potentially playing in a JPT version of the Wales & West mini League (whilst those three advance to the League Cup version). Fucking hell Town.

"There is no manney shawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

"fucking" Reading, surely?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:52:08 »

Wonder how much room we will have to make the changes we need in Jan.

We need a jobbing L1/L2 keeper, a fit striker to support Pitman
and a Doughty like centre mid minimum in my opinion.

We can likely send some of the loanees back. Kovar and Stevens are the two most likely although there is a case for others  (M Smith excepted).  Fryer contract runs out in Jan.  Was anyone else on such a short term deal?

I would bring back Twine and Palmer to have a look at them in L1. If they are up to it then keep them.  If they are not going to play a significant part then loan them back out.

As court case is in Feb (if Power loses then he loses his majority stake) with this in mind I would be surprised to see much of any investment in Jan
What happens in Jan will play a big part in how our season unfolds
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 23:02:27 »

Suggest the only people feeling worse at the moment are  

Standing / Barry
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8342913/Former-England-star-Gareth-Barry-broke-strict-FA-rules-invest-800-000-Swindon.html

The Aussie Builder and Power himself

I am at a loss of how this situation will pan out except for tears at bedtime  Suicide
Crackity Jones

« Reply #365 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 23:04:06 »

I probably didn't explain myself very well.  I was thinking on how we could most easily improve the squad while keeping to our budget.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 23:26:27 »

I probably didn't explain myself very well.  I was thinking on how we could most easily improve the squad while keeping to our budget.
A keeper would do it. That kid who was playing for MK had less experience, but looked a much better loan than Kovar. With a solid keeper, the defence would look less fragile. With a good keeper (like Benda is) the defence looked solid in L2!

We've then got to be lucky in the loan market to see if we can upgrade T Smith and Stevens for the same money.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
johnritsons toupe

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 23:37:35 »

I think there's an argument for the club to be more traditionally owned and operated. In the past we've enjoyed success by having a board of wealthy(ish) Directors who have been based closer to the club.

There's never any guarantees, obviously, but groups of successful business people who have an interest in the club tend to be self governing to an extent, have a spread of experience, expertise and wealth. Sure, ego's usually abound too, but that's life.

I'd rather have something along those lines than be at the constant mercy of a narcissist like Power.

Also, now would be a good time for the ground ownership negotiations to be frozen. If people think we're in the shit at the moment - and we are - it'll be a walk in the park compared to Power not owning the club, but having an ongoing substantial stake in the county ground.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 23:37:54 »

"fucking" Reading, surely?

I considered it, then decided they weren't worthy of the extra print in the newspaper column. Same with Bristol C.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 00:01:47 »

Oh dear...

We need a small miracle now.

Shame...

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 00:52:15 »

Summary of last 6 games

P6 W0 D1 L5 F6 A15

1 point out of 18 (5.5%) and a GD of -9

That is pretty shite.

Compared to the previous 14 games

P14 W5 D1 L8 F19 A26

16 points out of 42 (38.1%) and a GD of -7

I can't see it getting better when it has obviously got drastically worse.
League 2 here we come (again)
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 01:29:57 »

Watching the highlights back..

First goal - Conroy didn't cover off the tackle in midfield, which meant Odimayo came forward, overextended himself and fucked us with Baudry and Grounds largely passengers whilst they stood there and watched like they were at the cinema..

Second goal - Baudry was in timbuktwo leaving a massive hole in the middle of defence that a stretchy long bus could have parked in, Conroy tried to come back and save the day but the damage was done.

Third goal... I don't know how blind people can officiate a touchline but fuck me.... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1toaTxd1poIIYadEX5dsttKylM_2QI_Pk/view?usp=sharing

Fourth goal, whats the point...

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 07:29:03 »

Caddy knows the score.

Woah DV Canio you got some feckin bites there boy. I know you was taking the piss  Eek

Exaggerated sure

In the current climate the money coming into the club will not cover the outgoings.
We aren’t sustainable at the best of times. Let alone now.
How are we going to survive this?

It would appear owner, manager and players have already given up.

Do you think STFC will still exist this time next year?
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 07:34:31 »

Lessons from last nights debacle:-
We are relegation fodder unless immediate changes are made
We need an experienced keeper in now
Play 4 at the back as 3 isn't working
Play players in their natural positions
Give Baudry and A Grant a break from the team
Get Twine back
Cancel Stevens, Kovar and T Smith loans
Any players planning to leave for Salford - get them out now
Get another midfielder and striker in ASAP

Team for Saturday
                     New GK
Caddis Odimayo Conroy Fryers
               M Smith  Lyden
J Smith          Twine         Payne
                    Pitman

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 08:17:22 »

thanks for the clarification on the third goal FDB. looks clearly offside

that said, from the TV pictures it looked like kovar got away with a stonewall penalty to my eyesm

Two wrongs don't make a right, and the lino was right next to it so could be wrong

regardless, we were so interior and off the pace in the first half it was embarrassing, we got what we deserved
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: