Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26816 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 09:18:48 »

Wot no thread?

We'd all take a draw, right!

Don't forget its a 7pm KO again

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 09:27:24 »

Is it today? I wouldn't have known if it is.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 09:30:06 »

It's a meh from me
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 09:32:11 »

I forgot too until I saw on Twitter.

Then I came here for the chat and...nowt.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 09:34:55 »

Defeat. 3-0

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 09:41:36 »

They’ll be a good passing side. Lose 2-0
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 09:46:54 »

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we get anything out of the next 3.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 09:47:43 »

Miss a couple of chances in the first five minutes, concede four, Grounds sent off for two yellows, late Smith consolation.

4-1
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 09:56:54 »

1-1 draw with a gutsy backs to the wall performance. With A Grant seemingly continuing to play through the pain barrier, I can see us bolstering the defence and midfield by playing Caddis as part of a midfield 3 in a 352 formation, with Odimayo and Fryers nominally as wing backs.  Kovar, Odimayo, Baudry, Conroy, Grounds, Fryers, Caddis, A Grant, M Smith, DJ, Hope subs Fryer, Haines, J Smith, Stevens, Payne, T Smith, Pitman. Plenty of attacking options on the bench. This all assumes Conroy and Fryers are ready to play 90 minutes.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 10:04:50 »

Time for the cheery Leggett 'we're gonna get pumped' comment. Which we will.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 10:31:45 »

I am probably the least excited about a Town game than I have been in many years, the thought of a midweek game at a Northern outpost, in wet and cold weather with no fans present.

We have been playing quite well but without really threatening the opposition goal even though we have many chances an each of the last 3 or 4 games and still conceding very poor goals either through goalkeeping, defensive or slack midfield errors.

I want a game where we don't concede and build on from there.

It was great to see Conroy back (although half his long passes were very poor but half were excellent on Saturday) Baudry seems calmer alongside him, and Fryers back who also seemed like he had never been away also proving that his missing games was not a financial issue as had been suggested by several fan (not so much on here).

Payne looks good on the ball but is still a bit lightweight up against huge defenders as he has been most of the season, if he got his shooting boots on he would be in double figures already.

DJ is the one that has excited me most in games, he is a constant threat and Fleetwood struggled with him all game, he even won several headers!

Basically if we can come away with a point tonight I will be very pleased against a very strong Donny side.

Their form lately has been WWLLWDWDWWLWW. They have only lost 4 league games and are one of the top 3 highest scoring sides and top 7 lowest conceding teams in the division. They spread their goals throughout the team too.

Going to be a difficult night for Town fans I fear.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 10:34:03 »

Coconut shy which we somehow survive and nab a morale boosting win from a keeper error.

Much like Charlton away all those years ago when Quinny was the Manager and we were on our way down.

Who was there that day?

Clems Army!
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 10:38:09 »

Coconut shy which we somehow survive and nab a morale boosting win from a keeper error.

Much like Charlton away all those years ago when Quinny was the Manager and we were on our way down.

Who was there that day?

Didnt attend but remember winning £55 off a £5 bet. That's how much of a shock result it was.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 10:38:31 »

A new loanee named Baldrick will make his debut in midfield. He will execute his cunning plan and all will be forgiven.  

Or, I could face reality and admit were in for yet another hammering!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 10:42:30 »

Defeat. 3-0

I'll see you, and raise you one.

We'll be running on empty (again), we'll set up with a single forward who will get no service, midfield will be overrun, and defence will crumble under the weight of incessant attacks. Think Crewe, but without the illusion of hope.

Now surprise me.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: