Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26940 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 22:20:02 »

ultimately we set up to not concede most matches yet we concede and dont look like scoring.

the strikers are isolated. four four fucking two let's do it. and stop playing centre backs at full back/wing back (do we now only have caddis?)

our actual wingers, Steven's, smith, hope and dj are starved without overlaps and support. are front players have so much work to do when they receive the ball.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 23:09:55 »

ultimately we set up to not concede most matches yet we concede and dont look like scoring.

the strikers are isolated. four four fucking two let's do it. and stop playing centre backs at full back/wing back (do we now only have caddis?)

our actual wingers, Steven's, smith, hope and dj are starved without overlaps and support. are front players have so much work to do when they receive the ball.

Sure I speak for many when I say I'd rather us play like we were at the start of the season, at least those losses were entertaining. Maybe time to recognise we can't go a full 90 without making a costly mistake and just try to outscore the opposition?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 23:42:00 »

It worked for us last season.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 06:15:50 »

This cunt really hasn't got a clue.

Of course we all like to give someone a chance but let's put it out there...if you were looking to employ someone for a senior management position (and you didn't know them), saw that they had managed at 10 different companies in 5yrs (one of them twice, thus 11 appointments) would that not raise even the slightest of alarm bells? Would you want to find out why?

To add to that, if you then noted/discovered that there was a track record of poor ethics at several of these appointments, would you maybe look at the next CV before even considering the possibility of dreaming about interviewing this daft twat?

Some being a little harsh on Jonny Smith. The lad just needs a goal and if I were his old man (RapidFlyer), likely there will be some fraught responses on here (worse elsewhere) tonight but it will just be raw emotion coming out. Probably best most players stay off socials tonight but of course that is difficult and part of the career now.

It really shouldn't be the players coming under a huge amount of flack tonight. This manager is useless and several of the lads (rightly or wrongly) clearly do not want to play under this charlatan. It wouldn't surprise me if he thought Hope was DJ and DJ was Hope. That's probably why they were playing in the wrong positions. Then again that's what happens when you don't surround yourself with the squad and spend time away from work allegedly on the piss.

Leopards and spots come to fucking mind! Listen to BBCWilts now...sobriety anyone?Fucking half cut by the sounds of it.

Where has all this about alcoholism come from?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 07:44:37 »

I wouldn’t mind betting that he’s got the job because rather than being paid in any conventional way, he’ll get a lump sum on a sale. The sort of offer you can only really make to a mate of the Director of Football, when you’ve decided you’re not going to fund the club anymore. Pure speculation, but I’m scratching my head wondering why, in a market full of out of work managers that may actually want to push onwards and build something, we appointed the dud. The one that gives the impression within weeks or arriving that he doesn’t want to be here. There’s a certain acceptance of our deficiencies at the moment, because we’re all waiting for Power to go, but in reality, by the time he goes we will be down at this rate. If this was a “usual” managerial appointment that had just lost 8 of 10 games - there would be some genuine questions about his future. Instead, Power is absent and we all know there is zero scope for him to be sacked and someone progressive appointed. 
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 07:49:13 by Frigby Daser » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 09:16:10 »

I think we are rapidly seeing things go very wrong for Power as birds come home to roost. If he had been able to sell in the summer (covid aside) he would likely have got his cash back out, if we go down which is looking evermore likely the club will be worth considerably less than it was 12 months back.

He seems to have gambled on the money issues with both Standing and Clem, but in both cases they have proven tougher (and more litigious) than I suspect he expected when they agreed to fund with no paperwork.

Now he has a club with few assets that he cannot sell without another's say so, the money tap has run dry so what actually of any value does he own, even the training ground without the houses being approved is of little value without a tenant.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 09:47:01 »

Maybe Sheridan cant polish turds. The blame for this season lies fully with Wellens, he recruited them all, then fucked off when he realised what a pile of shite he had bought in. He lost what was it? 10 from 13? That seems to be conveniently overlooked from what I've seen.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 09:50:54 »

Maybe Sheridan cant polish turds. The blame for this season lies fully with Wellens, he recruited them all, then fucked off when he realised what a pile of shite he had bought in. He lost what was it? 10 from 13? That seems to be conveniently overlooked from what I've seen.

^ This!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 09:59:43 »

I think we are rapidly seeing things go very wrong for Power as birds come home to roost. If he had been able to sell in the summer (covid aside) he would likely have got his cash back out, if we go down which is looking evermore likely the club will be worth considerably less than it was 12 months back.

He seems to have gambled on the money issues with both Standing and Clem, but in both cases they have proven tougher (and more litigious) than I suspect he expected when they agreed to fund with no paperwork.

Now he has a club with few assets that he cannot sell without another's say so, the money tap has run dry so what actually of any value does he own, even the training ground without the houses being approved is of little value without a tenant.
From what I understand, Power hasn’t put much of his own money in. Standing/Power has, supposedly, put £6m in over the years. Clam has put £1.1m in and an as yet unknown amount by the elusive Mr Curran.

As has been asked before, if Power has put a sizeable amount of his own money in, where has it come from. He has no discernible business income, can’t believe he makes anything out of racing. Probably why he mentioned putting the club into admin as he has little, if any, of his own money tied up in STFC.

My worry is if the club is actively up for sale the cheapest price any prospective buyer would achieve is if we go into admin.

We are in a right old shit storm and relegation isn’t the worst bit.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 09:59:43 »

Though it would be worth mentioning that Wellens was acting under recruitment constraints that he clearly wasn't happy with, which ultimately led to his departure. It speaks volumes that even when two places (Doughty's and Donohue's) have become available in the squad since the closure of the transfer window, we don't seem to have sought to fill either with out of contract options.

We're clearly bumping along the bottom spending as little as possible so as to protect the owner from racking up any further losses this season. I don't really even blame Power for that - he's just not got deep enough pockets, or any more contacts to tap up for cash.

Even if his hands weren't tied re selling the club, I'm not sure there's a queue at the door waiting to buy. If I was an investor, I'd wait until this shitshow was over so I didn't have to start by funding losses, and hope to pick up a bargain from an owner who has been bled dry and is desperate to offload.

I'm only slightly surprised that more clubs don't seem to be struggling as badly as we are.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 10:03:38 »

But blaming Wellens is not going to change the situation, replacing Sheridan might, however unlikely it is to happen.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 10:08:55 »

Where has all this about alcoholism come from?
Bamboo's got a bee in his bonnet 'bout booze.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 10:09:15 »

But blaming Wellens is not going to change the situation, replacing Sheridan might, however unlikely it is to happen.
Sheridan was appointed as a cheap option until the club is sold. Any new owner will not be landed with compensation when they want to appoint their own man.

I’m not even sure that going back to L2 would actually affect the selling price that much.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 10:26:42 »

I’m not even sure that going back to L2 would actually affect the selling price that much.

I was thinking more hope value, giving the new owner a higher level to start up, but at the moment I imagine its very much a buyers market so we shall see.

As noted many times over the years the club really doesn't have any assets so it really isn't worth very much at all unless you find someone who really wants it, its clear that there is no one out there who specifically wants STFC so in selling you are looking for someone who wants the 'prestige' of owning a football club and lets be honest we are not likely to be at the top of the tree for that!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 10:29:11 »

In normal times you'd afford a new manger the grace to exploit "the window".

The issue is this year I'm not confidednt we'll have funds for the window. I'm yet to see much improvement so far with what we've got. Same old same old.

just got to hope we are completely wrong and it changes. It has happened before without warning.

Humph.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: