Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Motorsport  (Read 2761 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 11:05:15 »

I know there's a few F1/BTCC fans on here, couldn't find a previous thread so here's a new one...

Haas' new driver for nect year, Nikita Mazepin, son of a Russian billionaire that makes Lawrence Stroll look poor, is in a bit of bother for being a cunt, and posting it on social media. He's always been a cunt, he's driven like a cunt in races, he's acted like a cunt in the paddock, and now he's put a video of him groping a girl in a car *on his own social media*. His apology is a joke, doesn't mention the girl at all or apologise to her... Hopefully Haas cancel his contract, but I've got a feeling a team as short of money as Haas are, they're gonna let it slide.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 11:12:06 »

Age old problem in motorsport though isn't it? It's not about the talent, it's about the level of sponsorship/money you can bring. See: most of the south American drivers and their cartel legitimate business money.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 13:00:53 »

Caught up with this this morning. Never heard of the guys, but agree, he's a bit of a cunt. Also saw a screenshot of a message from him to George Russell saying "I have a secret about you mate that people might call a coming out" almost as if he was threatening to out him as being gay/bi.

What a piece is work this guy is.

On a side note, what happened to Haas and that energy drinks fraud that was apparently trying to buy Sunderland.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 14:31:18 »

What a bellend

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 19:30:58 »

Mazepin probably needs a few Temazepam.

He is a cunt (and definitely not in an endearing way) but he's well behind the times if he thinks "outing" someone in today's society will bring him anything but a wave of shit.

People could not give a fuck anymore if someone is gay/bi/whatever sexuality they want to be. The only market he could possibly be preaching to is a totally outdated and valueless one. My voice may not be that loud - but regardless of George Russell's sexuality, I and I'm sure countless others would stand by him if this piece of shit excuse for a human being decided to "reveal".

All it really does is ask more questions of Mazepin than it does of anyone else.

I also believe this is, in part what Lewis Hamilton talks about when he mentions that "change in F1 needs to come". He often talks about opening and widening opportunity in F1 not just recruiting the obscenely privileged sons of very wealthy benefactors. If you happen to be one of the above but also have ability and are based on merit then fair enough but I'm certain there are talented and better drivers out there who just aren't getting a look in. Driver Talent Programs certainly need more investment. Maybe a JV can be developed whereby the investors don't own a percentage of a team but of the drivers. If they are good enough we'll soon know.

I used to know of Takuma Sato (he drove in the same team in F3 as one of my sisters exes) and one of the reasons he didn't maintain a full time drive in F1 was purely down to money/not enough sponsorship. Sometimes a driver will get priced out of the market.

A similar scenario has happened at Racing Point with Perez, whereby Lance Stroll is the "No.1" driver but we could never guess why ey?! I wouldn't say he is not worthy of a drive but he makes a lot of errors and certainly isn't the best. Incredible that a driver like Perez can't get a drive. I hope Red Bull do snap him up. He and Verstappen would be pretty awesome but I also think Albon is a good driver too. He may not be fashionable and shuns the glitz and glam but he's not a Top 8 driver (potentially Top 6) because he's wank.

But back on point. Yep, no place for a person like Mazepin in any position of influence. The total cunt.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 10, 2020, 00:24:32 »

Who? Never heard of him.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 10, 2020, 00:43:08 »

Who? Never heard of him.

But you'll have gleaned that he is basically on over privileged, rich daddies boy, and homophobic chauvinist cunt?  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:06:10 »

It isn't really about motorsport but I can't quickly find the car thread.

When buying a used car, is a dealer likely to go for a bigger discount for a cash purchase? or will they always hold out for the finance route?

Also, what's generally a % figure for haggling on? If a car has a price of say 20k, is there anyway of walking away for 15k or is that just fringe lunacy?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:08:07 »

Used car prices are through the roof at the moment. Unlikely to get anything but if you don't ask you don't get. Shop around would be my advice.

Cash used to be key, but not anymore.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:24:41 »

Used car prices are through the roof at the moment. Unlikely to get anything but if you don't ask you don't get. Shop around would be my advice.

Cash used to be key, but not anymore.

Ah that's disappointing to read. I thought I might be able to pick up a bargain.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:26:07 »

They can't get new cars into the country.

There maybe a bargain, but shop around.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:32:06 »

agree with sippo there. cash makes no difference  especially at that price range.

as for haggling, the worst that can happen is they say no. 25% off is a lot though, but a good starting point.I guess.

personally I used to get a glasses guide valuation of the car I wanted, use that as a guide for what the dealer paid and work out what a sensible price is from there. But I don't think you can get glasses valuation for free anymore (used to via Vauxhall 'trade in' price)

I bloody hate car shopping
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 15:47:19 »

You're more likely to get a 'deal' by taking the finance, usually there'll be a deposit contribution from the dealer. You can always pay the finance off within the cooling off period.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 09:23:51 »

Thanks for the input folks.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 09:39:04 »

Back on theme, we went to the Silverstone museum yesterday (which is worth a visit if you have an interest in motorsport), and Red Bull were testing. We were allowed to watch from the Luffield corner.
I’ve not heard the new cars in person before, but have to say it sounded a bit rough when not on the throttle
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: