Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Fleetwood pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21690 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 18:04:04 »

forgot to ask, we were the wrong end, was it a penalty on Matt Smith?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 18:05:38 »

If he says Pitman is out for 6 games when he meant to say Smith, he obviously doesn't.

I mentioned it at the time he said it and knew he had mixed the two up. Sheridan seems to suffer from "concentration issues" for some reason  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
adje

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 18:24:09 »

No team in the entire football league has lost more games or conceded more goals. It doesn't make good reading

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Panda Paws

« Reply #198 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 18:28:21 »

We're so passive. Results happen to us and everything is just on a flip of a coin. We weren't bad. We weren't good. We were just.... there.

If we stay up, it'll be in spite of Sheridan. The lopsided system is strange, the subs were too late and uninventive and his post-match comments are just plain weird.

If we keep enough players fit they might, as individuals and with enough teamwork and leadership on the pitch, find a way to win enough games.

The perfect away day for Fleetwood. A 1-0 win without breaking sweat or getting out of first gear. We asked zero questions of them. So, so easy.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 18:35:41 »

Sorry everyone. I meant 6-0 next week.
I only saw the second half, we created a few half chances but we didn't go at them convincingly.
A team and club not going forward. Going to go for a long walk into the dark Wiltshire countryside and drink.
I hope those who got to go still enjoyed being back at the cultural home of English football.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 19:08:58 »

The search for shape and movement continues.
Difficult to find many positives from that. Slow, ponderous and predictable.
Decent Start for Dion Conroy and Some much needed pace from Zeki Fryers.
Jonny Smith added some much needed width and created chances.
The Fleetwood keeper should have sat down and leant against the post for most of the game.
That front line was woeful and sadly we can’t change it.

Above all great to be back though but we are sleepwalking back to League Two.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 19:22:42 »

Proof Sheridan is talking some bollocks when questioned on formation and players available. 352 my arse. He also said:

'(Dion) Donohue wasn't fit today who played  there last week...'

Yet Andrew Hawes didn't correct him on it.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Wright is effectively manager, and Sheridan may not be around for much of the week? Wright has never been a manager in name and maybe doesn’t want to be, but he’s the only one who knows the squad. Sure those in the know could confirm or deny. Sheridan suggesting Donohue wasn’t fit makes him sound a right plank.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 19:32:03 »

Pleased to see Conroy, Fryers and Dj coming back.  I had hoped we would throw Pitman on for the last 10 to at least give us a chance of a goal.

I will be pissed off if we don't get out of this as there is some real dross in this division and it wouldn't take a whole lot of changes in Jan to stay up in my opinion.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 19:45:06 »

The search for shape and movement continues.
Difficult to find many positives from that. Slow, ponderous and predictable.
Decent Start for Dion Conroy and Some much needed pace from Zeki Fryers.
Jonny Smith added some much needed width and created chances.
The Fleetwood keeper should have sat down and leant against the post for most of the game.
That front line was woeful and sadly we can’t change it.

Above all great to be back though but we are sleepwalking back to League Two.

Agree with this. Why we didn't just chuck Pitman on is beyond me
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 19:53:32 »

Very much torn between the "Fleetwood were terrible and look at where they are in the table, a few more back and we'll be fine" rose-tinted view and the "if we can't get points from games like that we're fucked" relegation doomster. Think I'm probably tilting more to the latter tbh, we look like we have settled into a habit of losing, sadly.

But it was still nice to be able to sit in the ground with my lads and watch a game of actual football. Kudos to the club for making the protocols etc pretty seamless. It felt a bit pre-season and difficult to generate much of an atmosphere but that can't be helped I suppose and it was nice to be there. If only to appreciate the fact that the lino on the DRS side was, from behind, the spitting image of Wallace of Wallace and Gromit fame. Once you'd seen that, it hugely enhanced our enjoyment of the afternoon.

I even quite enjoyed the mating cry of the lesser spotted FOOORRRWAAARRRRDDD beast.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 19:55:15 »

Has anyone considered the possibility that Wright is effectively manager, and Sheridan may not be around for much of the week? Wright has never been a manager in name and maybe doesn’t want to be, but he’s the only one who knows the squad. Sure those in the know could confirm or deny. Sheridan suggesting Donohue wasn’t fit makes him sound a right plank.

I mentioned this shortly after his appointment but suggesting it on here was considered the biggest of all sins seen since the evolution of mankind. Subsequently was told I was ridiculous to suggest such.

Still, funny how he conveniently was "house hunting" on the day of the pre-match presser. More absent than Boris and seemingly only there when absolutely required. I better go back in my hole now...I'm about to get told I'm being farcical and that I'm slagging off the club.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 19:56:57 »

Agree with this. Why we didn't just chuck Pitman on is beyond me

Probably wasn't Pitman on the bench but Jonny Smith  Either way, the "manager" likely didn't have a clue who was on the bench.

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 19:57:41 »

I mentioned this shortly after his appointment but suggesting it on here was considered the biggest of all sins seen since the evolution of mankind. Subsequently was told I was ridiculous to suggest such.
Think you need to stop taking massive personal offence every time anyone disagrees with you. It's a forum. There will be discussions. Not everyone will see things your way. That's how it works.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 19:59:47 »

Think you need to stop taking massive personal offence every time anyone disagrees with you. It's a forum. There will be discussions. Not everyone will see things your way. That's how it works.

I'm very aware of that Paul but thanks. It just appears to be very selective at times and from the same posters. I won't be a doormat pal Smiley

I even quite enjoyed the mating cry of the lesser spotted FOOORRRWAAARRRRDDD beast.

Glad your lads and yourself 'enjoyed' the afternoon PaulD. It feels to me personally that we are going to be in for a very interesting January.

Merry Christmas  Smiley
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 20:01:24 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 19:59:56 »

Still, funny how he conveniently was "house hunting" on the day of the pre-match presser. More absent than Boris and seemingly only there when absolutely required. I better go back in my hole now...I'm about to get told I'm being farcical and that I'm slagging off the club.
Looking for somewhere to live rather than delivering sound bites to the Adver. Disgraceful!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: