Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Fleetwood pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22064 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 16:56:42 »

Fleetwood obviously trying to shut the game down and sit out the 1-0, but think we've looked promising in the last 20 minutes or so. All the subs have had a positive impact.

Jaiyesemi now hurt.
J Smith one footed.  OK normally but he looked like he was feeling a twinge.

OK performance.  Fleetwood look very tidy, a notch above.  PO contenders again.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 16:57:14 »

I suspect this might be a minority opinion, but I felt we were pretty good in the second half, especially after the substitutions. That's the first time I've seen Sheridan really change the game with his subs - probably not a coincidence that we also had our strongest bench in ages. Fleetwood are a good team, and if we hadn't fucked up easier fixtures it wouldn't be a loss we'd linger too long over.

Great to see Fryers back, great to see J Smith back. There's hope there, but we still have the major problem of looking a lot more threatening in build up play than the amount of goals we score would suggest. Need to get a few slices of luck and show a bit more intent earlier in the game.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 16:57:25 »

That sums it up. Baudry hanging onto the ball on the half way line as the ref blows the final whistle.

FT 0-1

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 16:59:17 »

FT 0-1

Fleetwood sit 3pts off 6th place, have a +10GD and were a bit shit. We were just a tad shitter.

Not disgraceful and two games we've now played where we could have got something. Got to take even those half chances. DJ will be pissed at himself for missing that late chance.

Hold on and belt up, a long ride ahead but nice to know we have some players coming back. As mentioned above Zeki Fryers is at least a consistent CB. Get him and Conroy together (or just a bloody settled defence, that's such a key issue) and I think Odimayo/Caddis/Hunt can rotate at FB.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 16:59:38 »

I suspect this might be a minority opinion, but I felt we were pretty good in the second half, especially after the substitutions. That's the first time I've seen Sheridan really change the game with his subs - probably not a coincidence that we also had our strongest bench in ages. Fleetwood are a good team, and if we hadn't fucked up easier fixtures it wouldn't be a loss we'd linger too long over.

Great to see Fryers back, great to see J Smith back. There's hope there, but we still have the major problem of looking a lot more threatening in build up play than the amount of goals we score would suggest. Need to get a few slices of luck and show a bit more intent earlier in the game.
Nudge on Payne, although gentle, was a pen.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 16:59:53 »

Wouldn't have scored in a month of Sundays!

Solid at the back for the most part but devoid of ideas going forward. Interesting to see Fleetwood double and triple teaming J Smith when we finally started to get the ball to him.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:01:51 »

Nudge on Payne, although gentle, was a pen.

One on Hope earlier too. Don't think either of them were stonewall but the kind of thing you get when luck is on your side (or, this season, that we concede).
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:03:23 »

I'm fine with Grounds as a centre back.  He's ok defensively as a FB.   But where we are trailing, 2nd half, he has loadsa space and is sooo ponderous.  Had Caddis been given his space in the 2nd half there'd have been a higher potential for chances, free kicks etc.  
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:03:59 »

I'm struggling to retain any optimism for this season - when we looked half decent we fucked up in defence too often and now we look limp and lost most of the time but less likely to completely fuck it up (Baudry aside).

Overall the second half was OK, but Fleetwod had the advantage and decided to play low risk.

Baudry very nearly gave them a complete gift.  I have no idea what is wrong with his head, he's up and down like a yoyo in the game.

Our shape was all over the shop for most of the game.

Feel sorry for Grant - he basically turned to stone in this game, his injury must be getting worse to handle.

Matt Smith must shake his head that he has to play with this lot at times.

Payne - I know he has his fans on here but he really looks like he flatters to deceive to me, and I don't think he has anymore to give than we are seeing.  Unlike J Smith, who looks like a good run and staying injury free would see him grow.

Positives, which are few for me.  Fryers coming back, Conroy looked assured but rusty, which you would expect.  M Smith started to take control - if we can somehow get a working partner next to him we might be able to improve.  J Smith is going to ensure we can create in games to come if he stays fit and DJ is on the edge of being decent.  Hopefully these returning players haven't come back too late - and we really do need Lyden to get fit and soon.

I fear the switch from Wellens to Sheridan has completely unsettled us.  Nobody seems to know what we are trying to do - it looks different each game.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:05:05 »

Much better second half when we tried to pass it around more. There are signs of hope with certain players coming back.

ust be the oldest
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:08:33 »

We used to press.  We don't anymore.  Just feels like a team with no direction.  Grant for me, unfortunately isn't cutting it at this level anymore.  Don't feel goals are in the team.  

Just feels like a team in flux and a club likewise.

It is what it is.  

If we have a club to support next year Im happy.

Never knowingly overstated.
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:09:46 »

On the note of Jonny Smith...not heard much from  RapidFlyer lately. Hope all ok?

Fine m8, just frustrated watching that !! I think everything loose got booted around the living room  ! Just hoping the block tackle didn't open up his knee again. Will hear from him shortly, dont think game plan worked at all and without sounding like a doting dad I think the subs changed the game and maybe should have been 10 minutes earlier.  They were on the ropes last 15 with space opening up across the whole pitch. Dont think the ball was moved quick enough but deserved a draw in the end, Matt was too advanced in my opinion and only dropped further back on the subs .

Given Fleetwoods position and the way we played later in the game gives me far more optimism for the second part of the season as they were nothing special.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:14:28 »

Sheridan:
- Again its a defeat where we've played well
- First half very evenly matched
- Trying to praise the players as much as possible
- Its just fine lines where we are letting ourselves down
- Effort: Can't ask for much more from them
- Possession and efforts show we did well, but we didn't put the ball in the net
- But we lost. We know at where we are in the table its about winning not playing well
- Their goal should never have happened. Knew they had good set play delivery. Should have dealt with it better
- Second half dominated game possession wise
- Shame we didn't sneak one
- Neither keeper has had much to do
- Got in good areas
- We lack nous in the penalty area. Madden knows where the ball is going to land. We need better reactions and decisions
- (Got annoyed with interviewer) You don't know what formation we played? Started with 3-5-2
- Nothing wrong with the formation we played. We were playing against a good team and nullified them.
- Conroy off as a precaution. Fatigue from being out for so long
- J Smith wasn't fit enough to play for longer
- Good to have some better quality available
- Fans got behind the team today. Supporters will have seen the players tried hard. Shame we didn't get them a result.

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:16:30 »

Just feels like a team in flux and a club likewise.
It is what it is.  

Indeed. It isn't great at the moment, but it never always is. I cannot understand when people say things like "I've been a fan for over 25 years and this is the worse team/lowest point etc etc" Clearly dross because - although frustrating - we have certainly been in much greater trouble.

I come from a land down-under
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:17:23 »

Sheridan thought that he started with a 3-5-2. I'm struggling to think who the three were, as neither Odimayo nor Grounds were playing in a 3, so maybe they were as confused as I was. And he said Donohue wasn't fit to play today. I think he still doesn't know who his players are.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: