Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Fleetwood pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21804 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 20:01:27 »

Probably wasn't Pitman on the bench but Jonny Smith  Either way, the "manager" likely didn't have a clue who was on the bench.

Unfortunately a team resembles the "manager", take a look at Liverpool under Klopp - vibrant, charismatic and brimming with energy. This team is lethargic and monotonous (which wasn't the case at the start of the season), which reflects how the manager comes across in his interviews
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 20:01:55 »

Glad your lads and yourself 'enjoyed' the afternoon PaulD. It feels to me personally that we are going to be in for a very interesting January.
You've managed to give "interesting" a very sinister tone there Sad Sadly, think you might be right.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 20:02:57 »

Unfortunately a team resembles the "manager", take a look at Liverpool under Klopp - vibrant, charismatic and brimming with energy. This team is lethargic and monotonous (which wasn't the case at the start of the season), which reflects how the manager comes across in his interviews
The miserable manc we heard from last season certainly didn’t have a side in that mould...so there can be exceptions   Wink
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 20:03:54 »

Looking for somewhere to live rather than delivering sound bites to the Adver. Disgraceful!
More than one occasion and it's a pre-match presser so all media outlets.

Aaaand the flood arrives. I know you're just here for the WUM element. Got you sussed matey  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 20:04:18 »

Don't give a shit how the manager comes across in interviews so long as he can get points across to players. As to comparing with how the team was at the start of the season, it was a fucking shambles.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 20:05:06 »

The miserable manc we heard from last season certainly didn’t have a side in that mould...so there can be exceptions   Wink

Haha good point. Although with Wellens you can interpret the due diligence of opposition tactics, hence why we altered our style last season at times. I'm not sure what our style is now
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 20:11:17 »

You've managed to give "interesting" a very sinister tone there Sad Sadly, think you might be right.

Interpret as you wish  Wink It wasn't necessarily intended to apply just that tone though. "Interesting" for many factors are my own thoughts and the one you describe may be a possibility.

I always quote Terry Pratchett (sic Chinese Proverb) but for many reasons in 2020/21...'There is a curse, they say: May you live in interesting times.'

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 20:53:14 »

Interpret as you wish  Wink It wasn't necessarily intended to apply just that tone though. "Interesting" for many factors are my own thoughts and the one you describe may be a possibility.

I always quote Terry Pratchett (sic Chinese Proverb) but for many reasons in 2020/21...'There is a curse, they say: May you live in interesting times.'
Yeah that was what it reminded me of. Perhaps ominous was the word I was looking for rather than sinister.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 20:55:32 »

Not a particularly good game to watch. I nearly fell asleep on a couple of occasions.

Nothing to see here
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 21:20:57 »

Not a particularly good game to watch. I nearly fell asleep on a couple of occasions.

We didn’t know what to do.
Just not warming to Sheridan. Despite injuries just think he is limited as a Manager and it is starting to show.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 21:24:13 »

Plenty of endeavour and some neat tidy football.

But how on earth are we going to score a goal? What pattern of play are we looking for? Through balls? Crosses? Cut backs from the byline?

We don’t seem to know what we are trying to do with the ball and usually ends up with DJ or JS having a hopeless pot shot.

We’ve been crying out for Lyden to add balance to the team all season so the fact he wasn’t on the bench again today is a big worry.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 21:27:20 »

We didn’t know what to do.
Just not warming to Sheridan. Despite injuries just think he is limited as a Manager and it is starting to show.
tbf, he seems to be trying to get us to be more solid at the back, and build from there. We're not shipping 3s and 4s any more, but it's come at the cost of creativity going forward and we're still not picking up enough points. If he can keep the improvements at the back, and revive the creativity going forward, we will be fine. Remains to be seen if he can pull that off
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 21:33:26 »

Plenty of endeavour and some neat tidy football.

But how on earth are we going to score a goal? What pattern of play are we looking for? Through balls? Crosses? Cut backs from the byline?

We don’t seem to know what we are trying to do with the ball and usually ends up with DJ or JS having a hopeless pot shot.

We’ve been crying out for Lyden to add balance to the team all season so the fact he wasn’t on the bench again today is a big worry.

2 to 3 weeks out injured again.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 21:37:45 »

tbf, he seems to be trying to get us to be more solid at the back, and build from there. We're not shipping 3s and 4s any more, but it's come at the cost of creativity going forward and we're still not picking up enough points. If he can keep the improvements at the back, and revive the creativity going forward, we will be fine. Remains to be seen if he can pull that off

We are short of quality upfront.
If we can’t add to that we are in serious trouble Mate.
No structure or purpose to our play and the addition of Jonny Smith lifted us. We simply don’t have a League One standard forward.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 21:39:01 »

This.

Not sure about his tactics/formations/substitutions which does not leave a lot to be happy about.

Good friend of mine a long time Villa fan rated him highly but said that he will always be injured and that is why he was let go, and so it appears he was fairly correct.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: