Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Fleetwood pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21584 times)
TownEnder

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:20:00 »

Sheridan thought that he started with a 3-5-2. I'm struggling to think who the three were, as neither Odimayo nor Grounds were playing in a 3, so maybe they were as confused as I was. And he said Donohue wasn't fit to play today. I think he still doesn't know who his players are.
If he says Pitman is out for 6 games when he meant to say Smith, he obviously doesn't.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:21:48 »

Proof Sheridan is talking some bollocks when questioned on formation and players available. 352 my arse. He also said:

'(Dion) Donohue wasn't fit today who played there last week...'

Yet Andrew Hawes didn't correct him on it.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:23:01 »

Kovar 6/10: Nothing to do. Scared me with being caught out of position from 40 yards and then doing drag backs when the striker was upon him. Made one spectacular looking save, but think it was going wide.
Grounds 7/10: Looked very solid. Silly booking though. Didn’t see him do anything wrong. Couple of lovely balls in the second half down the left to Payne
Conroy 7/10: Looked assured. Distribution woeful at times though
Baudry 5/10: Three 5 minute periods where he looked intent on making mistakes.
Odimayo 6/10: Couldn’t link with anyone on the right. Solid enough defending. Played deep in first half and further forward in the second.
Grant 6/10: Game passed him by again
M Smith 6/10: Not at the races today. One nasty late tackle could have been a red on another day
Payne 5.5/10: Didn’t really get in the game except in short bursts. Although several chances fell to him in the second half. He kept shooting from wide left when he could have picked a pass.
T Smith 5/10: Held the ball up. Moaned a lot. Don’t recall him creating or having any chances
DJ 6/10: Some gorgeous turns in the first half. Caused them a few problems. Went to sleep for 20 mins, then upped it again towards the end. Shot wide in last 5 mins when a pass to Grant or Payne would have left a near top in.
Hope 5/10: Tried hard. But there’s no quality there.

Subs:
Fryers 7/10: Looked very calm and assured. Thought he’d hurt himself again at one point. Did well
J Smith 6/10: We couldn’t get the ball to him for his first 5-10 mins. When he got the ball he started to create and we threatened a little. But they then double and triple covered him. Obviously did their homework. (Not sure he is really 100% fit – Didn’t look as quick as normal)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:33:24 »

Fine m8, just frustrated watching that !!

Given Fleetwoods position and the way we played later in the game gives me far more optimism for the second part of the season as they were nothing special.

Good to hear. Frustrating is a word  Hmmm

My thoughts exactly, well I thought they were a bit shit, Town were just a bit shitter. Glimmers of light though. Your lad did well when came on. If a slight knock back, he'll likely miss Tues but ok for the following Sat? Zeki did well as did Conroy, DJ and M.Smith. All about getting a few players back and them all gelling.

In my own opinion I don't think Sheridan has much clue. The players certainly have ability (fitness aside) but then do they want to play for him? If anything I feel they are playing for Tommy Wright rather than Sheridan. If he is here long enough and keeps us up, that's fine but I certainly feel that this crop of players can do much more. They or something is not maximising that at present and as a fan I can only speculate on that being a number of factors. I know one thing, us Town fans deserve some kind of fucking good break.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:33:46 »

M Smith:
-   Battled hard first half.
-   Apart from goal dealt with it well
-   Couldn’t create a clear cut chance
-   Can take positives out of this and Gills. Nice we are playing well but need to create chances and take them
-   DJ has added a lot. Driving at players. Good that he’s back
-   Had to adjust to what Sheridan wants. There are positive signs there though
-   Good to have fans back. First experience of fans at a game (coming from Arsenal U23s)
-   Have to adapt to closed doors at Doncaster on Tuesday
-   On four bookings. Didn’t answer the question about whether it changed the way he played.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:36:33 »

I think Fleetwood are a good team. They played within themselves after they scored. They kept us at arms length and didn't have to do anything more. Its good that we looked solid at the back, but we need to score the odd goal to stay up.

We are in a relegation battle and I dont think we are particularly well equipped to win it. I fear we will play some nice stuff in patches but will end up frustrated more often than not.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:40:57 »

It was great to be back today.

The game was shit. Fleetwood didn't do anything much, they didn't need to do anything other than score, be organised and kick in with game management.

We were totally devoid of any attacking threat. Lump it to Tyler Smith doesn't work - something Wellens also tried. I'd have put Hope along side him myself.

Yes we had a flurry at the end. Sort of. Yes it was a game we could have got a point from. But make no mistake, today's performance was relegation standard.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:42:17 »

It was great to be back today.

The game was shit. Fleetwood didn't do anything much, they didn't need to do anything other than score, be organised and kick in with game management.

We were totally devoid of any attacking threat. Lump it to Tyler Smith doesn't work - something Wellens also tried. I'd have put Hope along side him myself.

Yes we had a flurry at the end. Sort of. Yes it was a game we could have got a point from. But make no mistake, today's performance was relegation standard.

I think that's a very good summary.

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:44:36 »

I think if Fleetwood are a good team then we shouldn't have so much to worry about when/if we have a fully fit squad?! Surely we also should have some wiggle room to add a couple (or three) of players in the Jan (hahaha) window?

Think Fleetwood are just an average shithousey L1 side that will end up around mid-table. The fact they are 9th and 3pts off a play-off spot, Hull are top, and Lincoln are 2nd and we have pretty much matched them (or at least not far off), tells you everything we need to know about this division. It's either really good or really shit.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:45:06 »

Reading the match comments and summary, I’m glad I spent the afternoon prepping for Christmas and trying different alcoholic formulations. Oh and saving £10
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:49:04 »

How was the match day experience then, Batch (and any others who went)? Town End vocal?

I share LL’s smugness at the saved tenner!
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:49:31 »

Good to hear. Frustrating is a word  Hmmm

My thoughts exactly, well I thought they were a bit shit, Town were just a bit shitter. Glimmers of light though. Your lad did well when came on. If a slight knock back, he'll likely miss Tues but ok for the following Sat? Zeki did well as did Conroy, DJ and M.Smith. All about getting a few players back and them all gelling.

In my own opinion I don't think Sheridan has much clue. The players certainly have ability (fitness aside) but then do they want to play for him? If anything I feel they are playing for Tommy Wright rather than Sheridan. If he is here long enough and keeps us up, that's fine but I certainly feel that this crop of players can do much more. They or something is not maximising that at present and as a fan I can only speculate on that being a number of factors. I know one thing, us Town fans deserve some kind of fucking good break.

Just spoke with him and his knee is ok, it was a pressure twinge from the block tackle and he is about 70-75% fit  So just needs some more training as he has only had 2 sessions in 3 weeks and his speed will increase dramatically. Didn't open up fully but glad to see he made an impression.  I am really hoping we can get a full squad fit in the next 2-3 weeks as it will really help and also put pressure on increased performances from individuals who don't want to lose their shirt.
I don't think we have fielded the same team for any period of time... settled teams win well....so here's hoping we go on a run now of positive news ...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:54:51 »

How was the match day experience then, Batch (and any others who went)? Town End vocal?

It was OK to be honest.

There were a few chants, but with 2000 there it also felt a bit pre-season in atmosphere at times. Or maybe the same as normal, but quieter!

But I feel so privileged to have been there. A little bit of very much needed normality.
----
One thing, the DRS tannoy at the Bank end was kaput so we couldn't hear any announcements. FYI They try to clear you out at the end row by row
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 17:59:30 »

Rapidflyer
Great news ... if we get Fryers/Conroy fit then Lyden alongside Smith allowing Grant to recover and we should have a backbone to keep us in this league

I live in hope, not just Hallam
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, December 12, 2020, 18:04:04 »

Just spoke with him and his knee is ok, it was a pressure twinge from the block tackle and he is about 70-75% fit  So just needs some more training as he has only had 2 sessions in 3 weeks and his speed will increase dramatically. Didn't open up fully but glad to see he made an impression.  I am really hoping we can get a full squad fit in the next 2-3 weeks as it will really help and also put pressure on increased performances from individuals who don't want to lose their shirt.
I don't think we have fielded the same team for any period of time... settled teams win well....so here's hoping we go on a run now of positive news ...

That's good to hear. I would imagine another sub appearance on Tues (without risking), then up to speed and about there (fingers crossed) to start come Sat 19th v Charlton? No question about how helpful a fully fit J.Smith can be for Town.

It is a key point. Which has been typed, spoken and listened to numerous times. Even a settled defence would be more comforting. The manager can't help injuries and life etc but it is his job to figure out how to manage that scenario. Desperately need as settled a side as possible. The football played is stark contrast to last season - usual when you go up a level, your standard or the standard at that level improves. Not sure I've seen masses of evidence of that yet (at Town or in L1 on the whole).

Of course you will be privy to conversations and knowledge via your lad, more so than many of us will be. I obviously won't press you on anything you hear via Jonny - that wouldn't be right to but it wouldn't be human of me (or anyone) to not be even marginally curious of a penny for your thoughts Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: