Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Faux Pro STFC XI or Absolute Calamity STFC XI (perms 2010-2020)  (Read 5531 times)
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 18:15:47 »

I seem to remember Jarrett having one decent game, a mid-week against Brentford maybe? He looked tricky and caused them a few problems. He was involved in a car accident after that, maybe even on the way to the ground, and was shite from then on.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 23:23:32 »

No loans and must have been contracted 2010 (could have signed prior to like Casal) to 2020 inclusive for this one please  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 14:27:15 »

Marko Tuomela. Utterly inept.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 16:07:37 »

Fredrico Bessone in the PDC era was truly shocking - even more shocking is that he'd managed to blag a game in the premier league the season before with Swansea.   

He was 28 and in his prime when he played for us!   Not surprising that he barely played again and now wanders aimlessly out of position in the Spanish lower leagues.

Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 16:18:33 »

Moses Ashikodi has already been mentioned and must win some sort of award in the 3-2 home win against Huddersfield

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=20080135

He came on after super Billy Paynter had gotten sent off in the 77th minute taking us down to 9 men.   He then got booked in the 80th minute and then was subbed in the 90th minute because he was out on his feet.   Given that there were 5 goals and 2 red cards that day all I can remember is his inept performance and being laughed off.

Found out a few years later that he was literally playing with a screw loose that season, as some metalwork from a previous broken leg had come apart.   No wonder he looked like he didn't want to run about!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 16:45:44 »

Moses Ashikodi has already been mentioned and must win some sort of award in the 3-2 home win against Huddersfield

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=20080135

He came on after super Billy Paynter had gotten sent off in the 77th minute taking us down to 9 men.   He then got booked in the 80th minute and then was subbed in the 90th minute because he was out on his feet.   Given that there were 5 goals and 2 red cards that day all I can remember is his inept performance and being laughed off.

Found out a few years later that he was literally playing with a screw loose that season, as some metalwork from a previous broken leg had come apart.   No wonder he looked like he didn't want to run about!

He has had quite a few clubs in his career.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses_Ashikodi
Flashheart

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 16:50:55 »

He has had quite a few clubs in his career.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses_Ashikodi

And somebody (probably his mum) has written a bit about every one of them.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 17:42:03 »

And somebody (probably his mum) has written a bit about every one of them.

Not quite every one - She's missed out South Park!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 07:40:18 »

Ashikodi was only subbed off again to waste time.
He was the only attacking player on the pitch and our remaining subs were two attacking players and a goal keeper.
If we’d had a defender or midfield on the bench he’d have likely stayed on.

That’s not to say he was a good player for us. Far from it - but I alway remember that sub on / sub off being tactical rather than him being horrendously shit.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 12:05:03 by DV Canio » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 07:45:21 »

I remember that now.

He was squeezing the ball as though to test if it was flat to try and waste time.
Hunk

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 17:24:56 »

I seem to remember Bradley Barry being rather rubbish whenever I saw him.  Played 58 times according to Wikipedia. Go figure
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: