Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Faux Pro STFC XI or Absolute Calamity STFC XI (perms 2010-2020)  (Read 5529 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« on: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 23:29:03 »

Ok, we've certainly had some shit players in Town's history but can we make an XI of absolute myths of players? Those that you just can't fathom how they made it as a pro or those with seemingly excellent CVs and credentials, yet on arrival had the ability of a newborn Pygmy Goat.

From, Alan O'Brien and his dodgy hamstrings to the infamous Milan Misun. Here's my starter for ten...I mean eleven. Discuss and add your own below:

:Joe Fryer:
Unfortunately for Joe he's just not looking like a pro for us. Seems harsh but he makes RC-C look good.

:Yinka Casal: :Milan Misun: :Taylor Curran: :BO-O:
YC: Spent all his 2 year deal "injured" but was often seen about Town with his posse of followers.
MM: He's still missing.
TC: Aly Dia Lite - more like Aly No Idia. Curran is no pro. Be mucking out stables soon methinks.
BO-O: Likely to spend his time smoking a spliff or taking gas in Amsterdam. Not a bad gig ey!

:Alan O'Brien: :Harry Agombar: :Alassane N'Diaye: :Lander Gabilondo:
AO'B: The boy Alan could run. Until he couldn't. Forrest Gump on heat.
HA: The Mob.
AN'D: A forgetful player in a forgetful season.
LG: Plenty of Hit n Miss players from the PdC era. Nice guy just not a proper footballer.

:Lukas Magera: :Jermaine Hylton:
LM: After all the hype of this Czech masters International experience, he turned out to be one of the most awkward strikers since Elliot Benyon. Seemingly more teeth in his mouth than his face could accommodate.
JH: After all the hype regarding this Brummie protege, he never lived up to expectations. Taxi for Hylton.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 7, 2020, 23:17:08 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 01:06:42 »

I'll take the challenge of a team to fit this bill. I have 3 of the same as the starter line-up you've suggested. Have excluded consideration of some choice loanees!

Mattio Lanzano - didn't take long for PdC to realise he wasn't good enough

Tyler Reid -
Taylor Curran - just had to be included after Saturday
Alberto Camazzo - another one of PdC's gambles
BOO

George Barker -
Harry  Agombar - in a league of his own
Anton Rodgers - chosen partially in recognition of his playing over 50 league games without really impressing in any of those I saw
Jeremy Balmy - one of BOOs partners in crime and an ex-Oxford player as well as offering very little on pitch

Henrik Ojamaa - another one of the random Europeans who've pitched up and disappointed
Vincent Pericard - we signed an ex Juventus player! So wanted him to do well for us but never was going to happen.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 01:20:00 »

I get why they’ve been listed, but Lukas Magera and Henrik Ojamaa both went on to play many games in European top flights after playing for us (Czech Republic for Magera, Poland for Ojamaa). I’d bucket them up as ‘failed to settle in English football’ rather than being lumping them in with the likes of Harry Agombar

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 07:41:19 »

Jermaine Hylton has also gone on to establish himself with a solid professional career, initially in the Conference with Solihull Moors and subsequently in the Scottish Premiership with Motherwell and Ross County

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 08:07:35 »

Juan Cobian has to be in there at full back. Offered a 3 year contract by Colin Todd, on good money but hardly played and when he did was shocking (Walsall away a memorable disaster for him).
Thomas Dossevi was another player I thought was utter shit. Like a headless chicken running around alot but offering nothing else.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 08:16:23 »

Kim Heiselberg under Todd needs to be in there. He was beyond awful! He became a pig farmer after leaving us apparently, a more appropriate profession!
Panda Paws

« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 08:22:10 »

Momar Bangoura and Jeremy Balmy as a deadly duo in CM.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 08:31:03 »

What position was Moses "Stabby" Ashikodi?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 09:29:59 »

Super Mark(et trolley) McCammon
Trevor 'robocop' Benjiman

Though both have played a lot of league football, so are probably merely in the "crap" catagory.
=============

Bertie 'inflatable goal in hotel room' Brayley
« Last Edit: Monday, December 7, 2020, 09:32:08 by Batch » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 09:36:06 »

James Brophy and Jak McCourt were not very good at playing football in my opinion.

Nothing to see here
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 09:54:59 »

Fola Onibuje

By far and away not the worst but how Michael Pook lasted so long, under so many different managers still baffles me.

I’m not sure I can think of worse player to play 100+ games for us.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 09:56:09 »

Ricky Shakes was the most none footballing footballer I have ever seen play.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 09:58:24 »

Oh and did Matt Hewlett do anything other than run around with his arms out pushing people in midfield? 200 games ffs.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 10:07:19 »

For what it is worth I think it is unfair to include current players in these sorts of discussions.

As for Matt Hewlett, his legacy is surely cemented by his late winner vs Rushden and Diamonds in the League Cup back in... ooo… 2004?
Panda Paws

« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 10:31:09 »

There are two very different types of shit - the "shit for us, but clearly a pro footballer" types of Benjamin, Hewlett, Magera, Ojamaa etc and the "no seriously, they're not a footballer" types of Bangoura, Balmy and Agombar.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: