Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans at the Ćôųńŧy ground  (Read 17413 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 21:18:37 »

Assuming clubs want to have supporters back, I am sure that they will do whatever they can to get it right.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 21:32:12 »

Well described Boo and based on that photo they may as well try and get all 2000 in the DRS and no need to open the Town end

I'm not sure, we're having to go at under 15% of our grounds capacity (@2k into 15k). With the DRS holding around 5k, 2k in the one stand would be 40% full (probably not far off what it usually is tbh). At 2.5k it would see a fan in every other seat so I think that they might not be able to meet social distancing requirements. The TE will have to be used.

Ideally the one side would be best for operating costs. I think the spacing is technically 1 fan every three seats (bubbles aside) so in seating plans that means only having 25% available for use (in the DRS), c1.25k which probs gives a bit of wiggle room for any bubble attendees. Maybe seeing that to c1.5k. That leaves the TE (cap c1.9k) at 25% use, c475 which again allows wiggle room for a few bubbles etc.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 21:37:08 »

Assuming clubs want to have supporters back, I am sure that they will do whatever they can to get it right.

I'm sure that all clubs are following the guidance they are being giving to make safe for their fans to spectate. The issue was more regarding the perspective and parallax that an image taken go offer to the viewer.

As with anything though, devil is in the detail (or lack of). Any company worth their salt will always look at guidelines or restrictions, not for what they can't do but for what isn't written. Lawyers in F1 do it all the time, no reason why Football Clubs wouldn't take a similar view and/or approach too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 21:50:05 »

I appreciate that the immediate comments concerned whether the camera lies.  I suggested that it does in this instance

The current position with football is slightly different to whether a wing on a car can be raised by a couple of millimetres.  I understand your point but I query whether clubs will be looking to 'bend the rules' so to speak.  If the optics are not good and it looks like there is non compliance, the consequences could be significant.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 22:43:11 »

I appreciate that the immediate comments concerned whether the camera lies.  I suggested that it does in this instance

The current position with football is slightly different to whether a wing on a car can be raised by a couple of millimetres.  I understand your point but I query whether clubs will be looking to 'bend the rules' so to speak.  If the optics are not good and it looks like there is non compliance, the consequences could be significant.

Apologies for the scrutiny JBZ but nowhere on this thread have you suggested this. A bit of glorification going on there. Expect better from a poster of such esteem and accuracy in your writings.

Oh come off it, clubs and especially in Professional Football are always looking to "bend the rules" as you put it. This scenario is no different. I think we're all aware that there is likely more corruption in footy than F1. At every Pro level. Where there is a way, I'm sure they'll try. We don't have to look too far from SN1 to realise this. It would be naive to think anything less.

NB:
Just for clarification "bending the rules" could be something like suggested - trying to get the 2k into one stand, thus only having operating costs for one stand. Possibly covering their asses by saying that "xyz" fans were part of their bubble of six. A situation a bit more difficult for the EFL to disprove.

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 22:46:45 »

Just for clarification "bending the rules" could be something like suggested - trying to get the 2k into one stand, thus only having operating costs for one stand.
The club have already said fans will be in both TE and DRS, you choose which you'd prefer when requesting to be put in the ballot
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 23:00:48 »

The club have already said fans will be in both TE and DRS, you choose which you'd prefer when requesting to be put in the ballot

No I know this Paul. It was just an example as previously JQ had mentioned about the possibility of getting the 2k into only the DRS. I explained it would be difficult as seating plan for "covid secure" would be around 1 every 3 (excusing bubbles) so gives you upto 25% to play with in each stand. Having 2k in the DRS would be 40%.

I then used it as an example if Town suddenly decided (not due to a Tier change) that they could get all fans into the DRS - it could be claimed (if it happened to come under scrutiny) that this was due to a higher amount of family bubbles to individuals ratio. But it was more used just to point out that Football Clubs/Owners are not immune to "bending rules" as far as they possibly can. I wasn't claiming that the example is what Town are doing at this moment in time  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 08:57:06 »

Apologies for the scrutiny JBZ but nowhere on this thread have you suggested this. A bit of glorification going on there. Expect better from a poster of such esteem and accuracy in your writings.

Oh come off it, clubs and especially in Professional Football are always looking to "bend the rules" as you put it. This scenario is no different. I think we're all aware that there is likely more corruption in footy than F1. At every Pro level. Where there is a way, I'm sure they'll try. We don't have to look too far from SN1 to realise this. It would be naive to think anything less.

NB:
Just for clarification "bending the rules" could be something like suggested - trying to get the 2k into one stand, thus only having operating costs for one stand. Possibly covering their asses by saying that "xyz" fans were part of their bubble of six. A situation a bit more difficult for the EFL to disprove.

I admire the amount of time and effort you have put into commenting on a large number of threads late on a Saturday night.

I observed that clubs will do things the right way and follow the rules/guidance. It follows on from this that I think (and posted) that the previous image 'lies'.  I have taken on board your suggestion that there could have been greater particularity on this point.

I am giving 'Professional Football' the benefit of the doubt on this.  I am sure many take a contrary view. I may well be wrong. 

Nothing to see here
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #23 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 09:12:23 »

Are we 100% certain JBZ isn't Reg?
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 09:22:27 »

Are we 100% certain JBZ isn't Reg?

Sorry to disappoint but I ain't Reg.