Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22881 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 18:56:22 »

Oh dear. Whose arguing, i just pointed out that we've got issues at both ends just happened to quote your post, Its allowed.

That's one cunt and one twat today, very welcoming.

That's one cunt and one twat today, very welcoming.

It’s not an exclusive club, get over it. 😁
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 21:09:36 »

This may be harsh and I'm not Sheridan's biggest fan but it's glaringly obvious he is a bit of a thick fucker.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 21:23:32 »

He was a decent player and often featured in my fantasy football teams back in the day.  I'm remain confident that he will steer the team to a finishing spot outside of the relegation zone.

Nothing to see here
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #318 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 21:30:40 »

Indeed. Curran's basically a competition winner. Haines must be wondering what the fuck he has to do to get a game. I know he's a youngster and all that but at least he's actually a footballer.
Only thing i will say in Sheridans defence here is that he will clearly try many different things. Broadbent up front Caddis in the middle and happy to play Curran. Maybe Haines is just not showing enough as he does strike me as the type who will play him if he is good enough
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 21:45:58 »

He was a decent player and often featured in my fantasy football teams back in the day.  I'm remain confident that he will steer the team to a finishing spot outside of the relegation zone.

I think he will meet his remit in keeping us up (if he is here after the boardroom reshuffle) and he was a good player. Very much in the Roy Keane mold regarding facial disposition.

Also I wonder if he'll want to bring Mark Crosselly to the set up as a GK coach? To me this is doubtful as I still think it is a short term appointment. A move like that would suggest otherwise though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 21:52:22 »

Only thing i will say in Sheridans defence here is that he will clearly try many different things. Broadbent up front Caddis in the middle and happy to play Curran. Maybe Haines is just not showing enough as he does strike me as the type who will play him if he is good enough
Fair point. Sheridan sees them both every day in training, we don't
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 21:54:43 »

If Swindon had drawn all three away games (3) points would the fans still be unhappy

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 22:27:45 »

Fair point. Sheridan sees them both every day in training, we don't

Except to then counter that point, he may well see them in training etc but gleaning from his Post-Match Presser, he says he doesn't know how the players are picking up injuries. My only suggestion would be he finds out why and quick; whether that is scrutinising the fitness and conditioning team, the programs the players are on, training surfaces, accumulative game fatigue or individual players not following programs properly themselves.

We know that Wellens loved to sign a sicknote or two which brings its own mitigating factors against but there are players with seemingly good fitness records also picking up injuries (or claiming so). It clearly needs to be identified. That is in part Sheridan's job to do so as manager. Can't just state it in the P-MPs. Hopefully he is on the case.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 14:54:28 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 08:27:20 »

Painful watching, but things to look out for:

1.What does Grounds do to Curran after after Gills score their first?
2. Listen to what Sheridan screams after Gills score their first.
3. Try to work out why Curran was doing on the wrong side of the pitch for the second. Then go back and look at where Grounds was for the first goal.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 08:48:03 »

I saw enough yesterday.
We are going down unless we cut these fundamental errors out.
It’s no good us keep kidding ourselves that we played well etc, simply clutching at straws.
Every game, every fuck up and it’s wearing thin.

Let’s just hope when we get the “better” players in we won’t have to play Curran and Grounds out of position. I believe Zeki is fit to train this week and a central pairing of Baudry and Conroy may give us some hope. Dion Conroy does need game time though. Great to see Lyden back.

No more muscular injuries though and this surely is not coincidental.

Unfortunately we are toothless in attack and need an out and out mobile number nine.
The thought of Doyle and Yates with their movement just depresses me and to think we have that lump of lard to lead the line.
On to the next game and hope the crowd can lift us back to winning ways. The League is so open from top to bottom and any side stringing 3 wins together will change their season.
Hunk

« Reply #325 on: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 09:23:57 »

3. Try to work out why Curran was doing on the wrong side of the pitch for the second. Then go back and look at where Grounds was for the first goal.

1. Noticed that too, and I think it may have been on purpose. Didn't kick it hard enough for me to think that he was just kicking it back towards the centre circle for kick off

2. Can't make it out, what did he say?

3. Shocking positioning
REDBUCK

« Reply #326 on: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 09:24:37 »

1. Drop kicks the ball towards the Centre Circle and it gentle hits Curran - Whats your point.
2. Can't heat t all but Baudry goes for a ball he shouldnt really but needs to win if he does. Curran assumes we'll win the header and is thus on his heels.
3. Curran is trying to cover the run of the Gills player in front of him whose unmarked and making a run forward in to space left by Grounds Conroy who has his back turned.

I gueess you're suggesting he should be covering the space out wide but he can't do both and that would leave a big gap in the centre. When Bauldry initially gives the ball away our shape is terrible nobody attempts to track the goal scorer who gambles that his forwards will win the ball and is on the move but we are expecting the opposite and ball watching.

Just my opinion but if people  want to blame Curran for it all that's fine.

« Last Edit: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 09:32:24 by REDBUCK » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 09:28:09 »

1. Noticed that too, and I think it may have been on purpose. Didn't kick it hard enough for me to think that he was just kicking it back towards the centre circle for kick off

2. Can't make it out, what did he say?

3. Shocking positioning
1. Yes. Not 100% sure. But Grounds positioning is exactly the same as Curran in 3.
2. Think it's 'Oh my f*ing God!'
3. Yep. But why has he been pulled out of position just like Grounds in the first? Is there a coaching point? Is this what Sheridan was on about with lack of communication?

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 09:33:14 »

1. Drop kicks the ball towards the Centre Circle and it gentle hits Curran - Whats your point.
2. Can't heat t all but Baudry goes for a ball he shouldnt really but needs to win if he does. Curran assumes we'll win the header and is thus on his heels.
3. Curran is trying to cover the run of the Gills player in front of him whose unmarked and making a run forward in to space left by Grounds who has his back turned.

I gueess you're suggesting he should be covering the space out wide but he can't do both and that would leave a big gap in the centre. When Bauldry initially gives the ball away our shape is terrible nobody attempts to track the goal scorer who gambles that his forwards will win the ball and is on the move but we are expecting the opposite and ball watching.

Just my opinion but if people  want to blame Curran for it all that's fine.

That's not what I was doing. I'm saying is for the first that Grounds does the same as Curran for the second goal.

I'm also saying it's not professional to kick a ball against one of your own players if you are angry with them. It's also ironic that Grounds wasn't the innocent party!

Finally, what I'm saying in this post, is don't be so aggressive in your posts! Try reading them back to yourself before you post. Think about how others might view them.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 09:37:59 »

I suspect that the majority of fans would argue that the current squad looks stronger than the one relegated in 2016-17.
On paper. Just. Maybe.
At least there seems to be more optimism this time around, whereas back then it was a bit more doom and gloom from quite early on, if I remember.

Anyway, same number of points and one place up on 2016-17.
And we don't have the imminent appointment of a high profile gilet wearer to look forward to this time.

This season.
P16 W5 D1 L10 F21 A32 GD -11 Pts 16

2016-17
P16 W4 D4 L8 F16 A23 GD -7 Pts 16

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: