Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22741 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 10:41:48 »

Do you think we will only concede 2😁

I’m not riding high in the prediction league for my good looks Jimmy my friend!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 10:42:55 »

I believe it’s because they need to get the Gas canisters connected back to the caravans before it gets too dark.

I wish all Saturday games kicked off at 1pm. It takes me two hours to get home from the CG. Much better to be home at 5 rather than 7.

I am amazed the Football League haven't changed this just to suit the likes of me. (That last point is heavy with sarcasm).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 10:46:47 »

I believe it’s because they need to get the Gas canisters connected back to the caravans before it gets too dark.
True that, the fans parking their horses outside the ground is no longer an issue.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 10:53:05 »

All Gills home games seem to be 1pm KO's from what I can see, no idea why, save costs on floodlighting? can't think of any other reasons.

That’s a theory. I think it may have to do with the geography of Gillingham, (although Plymouth don’t do it) Whereby they kick off early to allow away teams to get back at a reasonable time. I think their home Midweek evening games kick off at 6.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman

« Reply #34 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 10:58:59 »

That’s a theory. I think it may have to do with the geography of Gillingham, (although Plymouth don’t do it) Whereby they kick off early to allow away teams to get back at a reasonable time. I think their home Midweek evening games kick off at 6.
Nah its definately more to do with horses, gas cannisters, caravans and electronic tagging. Smiley

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 11:01:55 »

I’m not riding high in the prediction league for my good looks Jimmy my friend!!

Don't put yourself down Bob I bet you can still turn a few heads! If we only concede 2 I will be surprised unless we've signed a new goalkeeper and Dion makes his comeback😃

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 11:10:58 »

Don't put yourself down Bob I bet you can still turn a few heads! If we only concede 2 I will be surprised unless we've signed a new goalkeeper and Dion makes his comeback😃

Haha!

Gillingham's striking options are Vadaine Oliver, Dominic Samuel and John Akinde so I’d be tempted to go with Broadbent at the back for more physicality.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 11:12:53 »

Haha!

Gillingham's striking options are Vadaine Oliver, Dominic Samuel and John Akinde so I’d be tempted to go with Broadbent at the back for more physicality.

Yes good shout and at least try and keep things tight at the back

So, give no fucks
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 11:27:29 »

Four memories of Gillingham.
The first was the 3 playoff games culminating in the Selhurst park win, still my favourite PO, I guess you always remember your first best.

2nd was the league game win same season I think. I ended up in their bad boys pub mistakenly thinking it was town fans before the door was bolted behind me. 200 heads turned and stared and I could see they were thinking here's their village idiot.

Third was the 5-0 leathering about 10 years ago. I somehow ended up out all night before the game, woke up at 3pm with my unused ticket. That result didn't improve my hangover.

Last was leroy (ex myonlyswindon resident comedian) stashing his undrunk beers from the train journey under a traffic cone outside the station and posting a picture of them..

Mixed bag of memories which means 1-1 draw
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 11:56:25 »

Four memories of Gillingham.
The first was the 3 playoff games culminating in the Selhurst park win, still my favourite PO, I guess you always remember your first best.

2nd was the league game win same season I think. I ended up in their bad boys pub mistakenly thinking it was town fans before the door was bolted behind me. 200 heads turned and stared and I could see they were thinking here's their village idiot.

Third was the 5-0 leathering about 10 years ago. I somehow ended up out all night before the game, woke up at 3pm with my unused ticket. That result didn't improve my hangover.

Last was leroy (ex myonlyswindon resident comedian) stashing his undrunk beers from the train journey under a traffic cone outside the station and posting a picture of them..

Mixed bag of memories which means 1-1 draw

3-1 1977 if I recall where the hatred was born.
What a game and atmosphere, TE was bouncing that day and put Gillingham out of the faint promotion push, unfortunately we also blew our chances in the remaining away games.

One of the best seasons supporting Swindon and fighting on all fronts, League Cup, FA Cup and League finally took its toll and we ended up with nothing.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 11:59:57 »

Peter Venkman

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 12:00:28 »

Curran?

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 12:00:44 »

Curran No

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 12:01:06 »

Curran starts?

Christ! I hope he has a blinder.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 12:01:59 »