Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22797 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 13:50:17 »

By far the better team.

Some half-time ska:
classic.  let's hope Town keep going and come back.  No reason why not (well just one maybe)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 13:50:56 »

Far too much hair for Darren Drysdale.

That’s who I-Follow and the EFL site say is slated for the game.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Panda Paws

« Reply #182 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 13:51:20 »

Arguably the best half of Shez's rein, certainly a belting opening 30 mins and one straight ball kills our 3 CBs, all of which are at least partly culpable.

DJ is killing them, Tyler looks razor sharp and AK has been a real outlet too. It must be so frustrating to be a forward player in this team.

Curran is a disaster. I know nothing of any bollocks rumors or anything and have no axe to grind with him. All I know is he's not capable of playing at this level or the level below.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 13:51:33 »

As a club, someone has to take responsibility for wasting a squad place on Curran.

John Sheridan can take the blame for playing him.

A good solid half from most of our team.  Several good chances.  Wasted thanks to a defender who seems unable to walk, let alone play football.  For most of this season you can shake your head at decent professionals losing focus, you can't take the same solace when it's Curran wandering around the pitch.

If Caddis is even remotely fit I'd bring him on for Curran, or Haines, or Sheridan, anyone.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 13:53:04 by RobertT » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #184 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 13:52:55 »

DJ, Payne, Smith x2, Odimayo all looking very good, the defence is not doing too badly either just 1 fuck up yet again has cost us, Get Caddis on in the 2nd half and put Grounds back to CB instead of Curran, the rest of the defence and Grant all playing quite well.

We are missing Donohues pressing down the wing since he went off.

Kovar doing well so far too, made a couple of very good claims and couldnt do much for the goal.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 13:53:13 »

Our 10 (11 with Donohue) proper footballers are doing well.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 13:53:26 »

Good covering back by the "tiring" Payne just now
Yes it was. To me, he seems to have an extra burst of pace and energy in the first 20 mins of a game. After that, the 'burst' seems to be gone. He still runs around, but is less effective.

I think though, in the last few games, his tracking back has been noticeable. The one you quoted being a good example.

The point I was making about 'tiring' may have been phrased wrong. Maybe loses his turn of pace after 20 mins is a better way to put it.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 13:53:35 »

As a club, someone has to take responsibility for wasting a squad place Curran.

John Sheridan can take the blame for playing him.

A good solid half from most of our team.  Several good chances.  Wasted thanks to a defender who seems unable to walk, let alone play football.  For most of this season you can shake your head at decent professionals losing focus, you can't take the same solace when it's Curran wandering around the pitch.

If Caddis is even remotely fit I'd bring him on for Curran, or Haines, or Sheridan, anyone.

Summed up perfectly.
Other than that not a bad performance and deserved more.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 13:55:02 »

As a club, someone has to take responsibility for wasting a squad place on Curran.
THIS

Nothing against the lad.  He's a fine player but just not at this level of the game. 

Wouldn't blame Sheridan unless we know the background re injuries and contractual obligations.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 13:58:11 »

Yes it was. To me, he seems to have an extra burst of pace and energy in the first 20 mins of a game. After that, the 'burst' seems to be gone. He still runs around, but is less effective.

I think though, in the last few games, his tracking back has been noticeable. The one you quoted being a good example.

The point I was making about 'tiring' may have been phrased wrong. Maybe loses his turn of pace after 20 mins is a better way to put it.
You're spot on, NMH

Just getting behind Payne, who's had a great half, along with all bar one to be fair.  Payne may well need subbing, once again, second half.  If we perform as well as in the first half, it really could be an ideal time for Haines to come on.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #190 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 13:58:47 »

Some interesting comments from Gills fans, seeing it as we have too, in the main.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/it-s-swindon-but-no-one-cares.110762/page-2

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 13:58:52 »

Once again we are in the position of dominating a game and losing. Trouble is we seem not to be able to be clinical in the box.

Tyler Smith, Matt Smith and DJ on occasion today have looked like world beaters outside of the box.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:01:42 »

That’s who I-Follow and the EFL site say is slated for the game.

Neil Hair according to the Gills forum.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #193 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:02:03 »

Gillingham are there for the taking, they play a crude style of football with 3 huge strikers, they are weak in midfield, but we need to punish them with better finishing and stop the silly defensive mistakes.

Curran is a mistake waiting to happen all game and he hasn't disappointed on that front so far.

Keep getting at them, they can't cope with our passing and pace at all.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #194 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:04:57 »

Conroys first "on the pitch" minutes for 434 days.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: