Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £375k bailout - what shall we spend it on?  (Read 4642 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 12:28:16 »

I think I read somewhere that you wont receive it if money is spent by your club in January transfer window (other than free transfers)
Here are the restrictions

‘However, should teams in the lower two divisions apply for the grants, they will be hit by a host of strict spending limits.

As part of the deal, those clubs will not allowed to spend any money on transfers in the upcoming window.

Even next season, League One clubs are forbidden from spending more than £20,000 in transfer fees in the two windows.

League Two clubs have their transfer limit capped at a meagre £10,000.

Even then, clubs will only be allowed to sign a player on a free under certain strict conditions.

A club can only bring in a new player if another one leaves AND if the incoming star earns 75 per cent or less of the departing player's salary.’
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 12:30:03 »

Here are the restrictions

‘However, should teams in the lower two divisions apply for the grants, they will be hit by a host of strict spending limits.

As part of the deal, those clubs will not allowed to spend any money on transfers in the upcoming window.

Even next season, League One clubs are forbidden from spending more than £20,000 in transfer fees in the two windows.

League Two clubs have their transfer limit capped at a meagre £10,000.

Even then, clubs will only be allowed to sign a player on a free under certain strict conditions.

A club can only bring in a new player if another one leaves AND if the incoming star earns 75 per cent or less of the departing player's salary.’
I think that's the "monitored grants" that you have to apply for, though, not the base £375k which everyone gets or the second bit that's based on lost gate revenues

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 12:37:33 »

Yeah, that’s right. £15m is being dished out now - £375,000 for L1 clubs. There is another £15m to be dished out depending on each club’s lost gate income.

The remaining £20m will have those restrictions placed on clubs who apply for a slice.

Imagine binning players and then having to pay their replacements 25% less. Any successful club now will have to depend on an astute manager and coaching ability. I have no problem with this approach but I’d imagine Sunderland will be fuming.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 12:50:56 »

Imagine binning players and then having to pay their replacements 25% less. Any successful club now will have to depend on an astute manager and coaching ability. I have no problem with this approach but I’d imagine Sunderland will be fuming.

I kind of imagine Sunderland might do better out of it tbh - their departing players are likely to be on Champo wages. If they release Will Grigg and his supposed 12k a week wages, they still have 9k a week to spend on a replacement which feels pretty generous.

Newly promoted sides like us might be in a tougher spot - having 75% of a L2 wage as all we can offer in L1?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 12:52:42 »

Charlie Austin on loan.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 12:55:32 »

Not really. Whoever they bin and whoever they bring in, they are still subject to the £2.5m salary cap.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 13:05:21 »

1.8 million cans of Ace
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 13:56:43 »

This is not free money, the club has been without a proper income since last march, so you would hope the first £375,000 to go on debts that have likely stacked up, who knows if we are up together on PAYE, likely not, probably behind on payments.

You would imaging corporate sponsorship levels are down also so that is also a loss.

I'm sure the FL will be watching very closely, and clubs make also have to show where the money goes you would hope.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 14:04:28 »

I'd like a Monorail to go round the stadium.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 14:05:27 »

I hear those things are awfully loud.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 14:08:40 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 14:10:37 »

But that restriction only applies if you're applying for part of the £20m monitored grant, which has been held back as last ditch funding to stop clubs going bust. If Sunderland (or any club) feel that not being able to spunk a shit load of cash on players' wages is too onerous a restriction then they don't need to apply for that funding. Which will leave more for clubs in genuine danger of going out of business. Seems reasonable to me
Flashheart

« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 14:26:42 »

You'd think we'd be applying for it. Unless we get suitably cashed-up new owners soon-ish.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 14:30:08 »

Don’t think any club can fork out the ‘Grigg’ type of wages any more in L1/2 - even if they can afford to.

Dumbing down is going to prevent those ‘big’ clubs already among us from buying their way out - and every season when Championship clubs coming down will have players exempt from the salary cap is going to make it harder and harder.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 15:10:23 »

75,000 Begging Buckets :irony:

You know, just in case.

Or spend it on 2500 rolls of 100m x 1.5m Tifo fabric and go fully in-house on flegg production. Thus ever negating the need for Great Western Reds  Soapy Tit Wank
http://www.tifo.it/unstitched-fabric.html

On another note, I noticed that when Town signed Tyler Smith he is holding aloft a GWR branded scarf and not an official one. Maybe this loan was funded by Clem? Hmmm

#Conspiracy #WhereHasAllTheMoneyGone

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: