Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £375k bailout - what shall we spend it on?  (Read 4673 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 07:44:49 »

Jockey fees
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 07:53:44 »

A bar in The Town End.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 08:09:49 »

LED t-shirts for season ticket holders that display our loyalty points, thus proving our superior status.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 08:15:11 »

Milan Misun or magic beans.

Whichever is easier to locate.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 08:17:57 »

Jason Drysdale
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 08:28:13 »

37,500 Tom Broadbent mugs

I come from a land down-under
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 08:56:34 »

I presume there are stipulations as to what you can and cant spend it on.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 09:30:31 »

It's probably already been spent on running costs
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 09:45:59 »

I presume there are stipulations as to what you can and cant spend it on.
There certainly is for the "monitored grant" element if we apply for that. And if you're deemed to have not spent it properly, you have to repay it!

Worth pointing out as well it's more than £375k. That's just the base line, everyone will get more than that, the £375k is the first £15m divvied out to everyone in L1 and L2. There's a further £15m to be allocated on attendances, so we should also get a decent chunk of that too, whereas, say, Salford and Forest Green will get considerably less. Ipswich, Sunderland and Pompey will get considerably more than we do, but I'd have thought we will be at the top end of that second distribution
« Last Edit: Friday, December 4, 2020, 09:48:59 by pauld » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 10:06:23 »

Scratch cards.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 10:32:22 »

Scratch cards.
Cheesy
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 10:37:56 »

I think I read somewhere that you wont receive it if money is spent by your club in January transfer window (other than free transfers)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 10:40:46 »

I think I read somewhere that you wont receive it if money is spent by your club in January transfer window (other than free transfers)

Clubs will get round that with loans with option/obligation to buy in the summer though?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 10:43:55 »

Taking this as a serious question, you have to assume that Palmer and Twine are coming back in 4 weeks so that hopefully that helps us out, with injured players (please football gods) coming back we should see us OK squad wise, in the main. 

We simply have to address the GK situation, Fryer's presumably small wage can go towards somebody who is fit for purpose. 

Is Sheridan going to try to go 442 as he seems to have favoured in his career?  If so we need to think about sending one or two loanees back to accommodate space to get players more suited to the system.  Think it probably requires too many changes to achieve that in reality. 

Probably send back Stevens either way if we can, maybe move Payne out wide and put Twine in at 10 and hope he looks like scoring a few from there. 

I've got quite a lot of time for Hope but perhaps we should see if anyone is in a position to take him, moving Pitman on is out of the question you'd imagine.  Use that wage to get a CF on loan taking Steven's place and hope that gets us through to the end of the season.  If that can somehow turn out to be Grigg then we have a chance.

Don't think we should be using the money to do anything over the top with which will have the fb mob asking where the money has gone of course.

Mostly we need to get through the next 4 weeks in roughly the same position as we are now, that looks difficult as it stands unfortunately, at least we have a 'wildcard' back in DJ who can do things most L1 players can't and make something out of nothing.  If Conroy is definitely fit to come back into the action then all the better, we can't rush him back though.

TL;DR - suck it and see.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 10:50:45 »

I think you are spot on KT.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: