Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21546 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 10:55:02 »

How long is Hope out for?

We’ve been without Hope for about 25 years now...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 12:26:12 »

Always live in hope.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 15:28:39 »

Noel Hunt on the remaining injured players in detail.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18909188.noel-hunt-gives-update-injured-swindon-town-players/

No mention of Jonny Smith or Pitman  Hmmm

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 15:55:03 »

Noel Hunt on the remaining injured players in detail.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18909188.noel-hunt-gives-update-injured-swindon-town-players/

No mention of Jonny Smith or Pitman  Hmmm

It's comments like this that make Hunt so important as an assistant. Exactly the sort of tyres pumping up comments that some players need and dishing it out doesn't come naturally to guys like Sheridan (although he has been surprisingly upbeat so far) or Wellens. Good that he's been given the responsbility of this interview and noticeable he was much more engaged on the toucline on Sat.

Hunt on Anthony Grant playing through the pain barrier: "He's a warrior. He's come through some injuries that a lot of people i know wouldn't have played with. It's important people see that in him, that he has gone through the pain barrier on a number of occasions this season, when other people would not play or even think of playing."
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 16:06:04 »

a very very welcome update on injuries. be lovely to get some players back in proper positions. just imagine having a full 11 for a fixture!

pleased to have ifollow available for tomorrow. the last 2 trips to crewe have been terrible.

2-1 win
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 20:45:40 »

0 - 0

Nothing to see here
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 20:53:21 »

On the Supporters Club fb live this evening, first time I've heard Broadbent acknowledge that he simply "wasn't really the last manager's cup of tea". We'd always heard the stuff from Wellens about him being physically or mentally unfit. Writing a player off like that begins to look a bit silly now he's been MoM in the last two games, albeit in unusual circumstances, but he certainly has something about him. Careers are made or broken on the whims of managerial comings and goings.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 30, 2020, 20:56:55 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 04:55:23 »

There’s also Wellens’ hypocrisy regarding Scott Twine. The reason given why he wasn’t in his plans was his lack of physicality, yet he signs other players of similar physical stature - Payne, Palmer, Smith etc.

Anyway, another point would be very welcome this evening.

One Crewe fan doesn’t fancy their chances

‘Luckily I won't be watching tomorrow's game, but, given Sheridan has history absolutely shithousing us, it's definitely going the same way as the Gillingham game the other week.’
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 04:57:31 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 05:32:31 »

Crewe's last 3 games, all losses, have come with them having > 55% possession in each game, but allowing 50 shots on goal ac ross them.  Cheltenham had 19 shots.

Sounds like the perfect game to use the counter attack.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 07:20:40 »

happily take a point and avoid 'after the lord mayor's show'
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 07:38:46 »

They outplayed us from start to finish at Gresty Road last season.

A dour 0-0 would do me.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 09:23:33 »

Loss, 2-0.

My free Ifollow pass that I was hoping to use for the Oxford game arrived yesterday and has to be used for this game so will be tuning in.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 10:10:31 »

Would describe Crewe as a convenient day out as opposed to a good one in terms of away days.
Dead easy by train and just south enough of true north to make the drive for a midweek game bearable.

The Grand Junction pub in Crewe won the award for most miserable landlord last season.
The anger and the wild staring eyes. Why?! Only asked where the toilet was.
From the ridiculous to the sublime and Hops Belgian Style Cafe Bar was one of the better pubs on the L2 circuit.

Will it be 4th time lucky with anything other than a defeat on a Tuesday night visit to Crewe?
Had them down as doing ok this season.
Some teams have surprisingly failed to overcome the worst team in the division. Same again tonight hopefully.

We are in Cheshire and the pre match playlist should include some of this.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 11:01:02 »

Fully expect to get spanked after the high of Saturday.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 11:08:35 »

Yes, I'd be surprised if we get anything from Crewe away. I'd adopt the same tactic that Wellens did in the home game vs Crewe last season and try to jam up central areas as they don't put in very many crosses. Assuming A.Grant can soldier on through his injury I'd play (3-4-2-1):

Kovar; Odimayo, Broadbent, Grounds; Stevens, Caddis, A.Grant, Donahue; M.Smith, DJ; T.Smith.

Crewe will have more possession so hopefully we can get something on the counter.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 11:12:47 by hefty toe » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: