Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21553 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 23:05:55 »

Evening all  Busted

After the enjoyment of an easy 3 points at the weekend, we face a tougher game at Gresty Road on Tuesday. One bonus is they have lost 3 games on the bounce.

I'll go for a  score draw 1-1.

bathford

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 00:15:40 »

1-2 to us. Winner in injury time by TB, after which he is nominated fora knighthood.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 00:18:46 »

On the face of it I think it will be another scrappy game. The good thing about playing away is that the emphasis will be on Crewe to attack.

Defensively we look much better but it’s had a major impact on our attacking ability. There is too much space between midfield and attack with our strikers really looking isolated up front. As a result it’s been hard watching Swindon play this season (even though we have beaten two of our local rivals).

I am hoping the comeback of some of our key first team players will help improve things going forward but I think the game against Crewe will be another low quality affair with both teams playing tight and hoping to knick a goal. I can see the game ending 1-0 either way.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 00:51:02 »

Before yesterday I wasn't sure this squad had the minerals to dig in and get results, possibly should have known better after Rovers but now I'm full of confidence that we can pick up positive results on a more regular basis, even if it needs to be ugly.

That said it will be tough at Crewe. The bounce from Saturday should give the lads huge boost of confidence. Hopeful Sheridan's more simplistic style will enable us to grind out a point or better.

1-1 draw and probably another set of fans calling us the worst team in the league.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 01:40:20 »

Before yesterday I wasn't sure this squad had the minerals to dig in and get results, possibly should have known better after Rovers...

1-1 draw and probably another set of fans calling us the worst team in the league.

Fucking love it. Straight out the piss stains copybook  Cheesy

Remember when Lincoln kept being called one of the worst playing sides, a couple seasons ago? Well they went up off the back of it. I think people forget that a team (depending on personnel obviously) can change their style of play too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 07:11:24 »

After Saturday Sheridan may well see 442 as the way to go. If so, then expect Super Tom to start up top with Smith T.

Sure, it’s not what we’re used to, especially after last season, but if the shoe fits . . .
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 07:21:03 »

I wonder if the two up top, one knocking it on and one chasing in behind will see a fruitful Bret ‘Hitman’ Pitman & Tyler Smith partnership at some point.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 07:57:14 »

Possibly but also think Tyler would be helped by having DJ and Payne out wide to link play up with touch and go passes.
Rather than J Smith and Stevens who are more slalom runners, which has its uses but leaves Tyler isolated
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 08:11:14 »

I've said before about the "worst team we have played so far" comments. Our manager left early in the season, we have had a number of injuries. We have good enough players in all positions, just need to settle and cut out the errors. I think we'll be fine. I'd be more concerned if we weren't scoring.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 08:35:45 »

we can be everyone's "worst team we have played so far", as long as we pick up points
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 09:42:53 »

Possibly but also think Tyler would be helped by having DJ and Payne out wide to link play up with touch and go passes.
Rather than J Smith and Stevens who are more slalom runners, which has its uses but leaves Tyler isolated

Fair shout
Panda Paws

« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 09:49:39 »

Given Crewe's style and our selection issues, I'd go with:

Kovar
Hunt Odimayo Grounds Donohue
                 Grant
  Stevens   Smith  DJ  Payne
                 Tyler

The midfield 4 would have to try and dominate the ball as best as possible, and be responsible defensively. It might be a bit expansive for Shez's liking.
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 09:55:35 »

How long is Hope out for?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 10:05:05 »

How long is Hope out for?

I was so happy with the win, I don't recall the question being asked.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 10:28:51 »

I was so happy with the win, I don't recall the question being asked.
As far as I remember they just said he was "injured" nothing else was said of type of injury or possible length of absence.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: