Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21549 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 11:13:21 »

Fully expect to get spanked after the high of Saturday.
And that is fine really isn’t it.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 11:43:01 »

Not really no, a point would be a nice way to build on Saturday.

A spanking is a step backwards
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 11:45:40 »

More from Crewe fans posted yesterday.

So Swindon tomorrow. Can we stop the slide? The problem is there for all to see: lack of goals. This, as mentioned elsewhere, is not connected with needing anything new in the striking department but is a consequence of a one-dimensional approach to playing the game. We are not really putting any pressure on opposition defences at the moment as everyone seems to know how to play against us. This is the point where the management can prove their ability: what can be done to overcome the opposition's attempts to close us down.
Swindon will be buoyed by their win in their local derby so hopefully haven't completely reset for Tuesday night. However, at the moment, my pessimism levels are rather high and I just can't see where our goals can come from. I can't see us winning due to the points above. Hopefully, we can hang on for 1-1 draw.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 12:16:40 »

In all games vs Crewe the Town hold the edge with 19 wins from 40 games with Crewe winning 15, with us scoring 57 and conceding 45 times.

Crewe have been victors in 3 of the last 4 games though, but prior to that Swindon were unbeaten in the 9 games leading to then.

Alex hold the advantage in games at Gresty Road with Swindon winning 6 of the 20 ties and losing 11 of them. But in the last 6 games there it has finished with Crewe winning 2, Swindon winning 2 and 2 ending drawn.

Ex Town walking calamity Ollie Lancashire has played in the last 2 games which both ended as defeats for Crewe, he has a 100% losing record this term.

Crewe will be without Swindon born important midfielder Callum Ainley who went off on Saturday and has a serious hamstring injury.

So far this season Crewe have only managed to score 13 times with only Rovers, Wigan and Rochdale having scored less in the league, but they have only conceded 14 times which is the lowest outside of the top 10 positions.

If Swindon can manage a win they could in theory reach the dizzy heights of 11th tonight.

I will be happy with a draw but they are certainly not one of the better sides in L1.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 12:20:05 »

Perry Ng is likely to be dropped after his disgusting gobbing incident at Cheltenham last Saturday.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 12:22:55 »

How can Ollie Lancashire be holding down a place in League 1?  Eek

Funny how different managers see different players. It's not as if it was just a confidence thing. Lancashire looked like he had no right to be on a football pitch.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 12:25:16 »

Dion Conroy should be on the bench tonight.
What a comeback for the lad, very long road from 2 tough freak injuries.

Cracking if he could get 15 mins in.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 12:26:13 »

Perry Ng is likely to be dropped after his disgusting gobbing incident at Cheltenham last Saturday.
According to the Crewe local rag the manager Artell says "the matter has been resolved after a chat with his captain Perry Ng and no further action is expected".

I hope Ng doesn't play, he was easily their best player last season.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 12:27:16 »

How can Ollie Lancashire be holding down a place in League 1?  Eek

Funny how different managers see different players. It's not as if it was just a confidence thing. Lancashire looked like he had no right to be on a football pitch.
He is holding down a place for the last 2 games, his first games of the season only due to injuries to other defenders.

tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 12:27:21 »

How can Ollie Lancashire be holding down a place in League 1?  Eek

I think they've got similar injury issues to us at the back
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 13:10:54 »

One thing I always notice at Gresty Road is how short the pitch is. Could help us get around the aforementioned problem of our midfield and striker(s) being too far apart. However, in the last few games I've watched there it's been our undoing as we've spent 90 minutes trying to thread the ball through a crowd with little success.

How do you get around that? Width would be one thing. Perhaps having somebody up top who can win headers and hold up the play too, but I would be shocked to see Broadbent starting in a forward role even after Saturday.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 13:23:54 »

One thing I always notice at Gresty Road is how short the pitch is.

10 yds shorter than ours but 3 yds wider apparently.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 13:29:14 »

Crewe have got to be the youngest team in the EFL?

Pickering seems particularly highly rated, and then Ng, Lowery and Kirk all get rave reviews. Assume they’ve also got a few cloggers (Lancashire) to balance it out
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 13:34:43 »

Their possession stats this season suggest they are edging on full Luke Williams territory.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 15:06:17 »

According to the Crewe local rag the manager Artell says "the matter has been resolved after a chat with his captain Perry Ng and no further action is expected".

Disgusting that, should have been suspended. Hardly surprising though from Crewe - if they turn a blind eye to nonces for years, they're hardly going to let a little thing like spitting on someone in a pandemic bother them
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: