Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21554 times)
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 21:59:17 »

Our injury record of players is shocking- well I suppose what can we expect as we’ve signed a load of injury prone players.

Roll on February and the court case.

We look weaker in almost every position than last year in a higher division- a recipe for disaster.

Sooner Power loses control the better- which he will do if he loses the case.
Who is going to buy the club?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 22:08:35 »

Oh, and the Keeper situation really does need looking at.  I'm not going to jump up and down blaming the young lad, but we can't carry someone learning their trade this season in that position.

We do need one experienced keeper in, granted. It looks like binning Fryer off/not renewing in Jan for an older head. On Kovar, and I did say previously he wasn't ready to be a no.1 all season. However I do feel he is improving (yes even tonight) and IF we do get in an experienced keeper to guide him, share responsibility etc then we may see an increase for improvement.

One thing I will say...Mildenhall clearly isn't having a positive influence on them. That may seem harsh but surely if issues like coming to claim balls and errors at near post, these would be seriously drilled in training until it stuck. Maybe they do, do this? You'd like to think but it doesn't seem evident or transferring onto the pitch  Hmmm

PS: I wish Reg would come on just to tell us we face a season battling with our L1 safety.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 22:16:42 »

Who is going to buy the club?

Clemente Giovanni Bruno Morfuni of course. The Strayan Plumber!  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 23:51:52 »

Well that was certainly a back down to earth performance after the delirium on Saturday.

Everybody knows Crewe are a good passing team who are however suspect at the back and until tonight have an inability to comeback from going a goal behind.

So to be 2-0 up after 35 minutes is a great position to be in.

Absolutely love Paul Caddis and his contribution in 2 spells at Swindon has been immense, but tonight proves to me that he unfortunately is not reliable enough to play at League 1 level and I really hate saying that. He doesnt have the physical attributes and the goal conceded at Oxford and first goal tonight shows that his sharpness of thought is lacking. To go in 2-0 up at half time I suspect we dont lose that game. That goal gave them hope.

The second half is a complete disaster. Yes Crewe played well, but we let them attack at will. Surely Sheridan had to react earlier. Clearly Caddis and Donahue are being exposed and DJ and Payne as the wide options are offering no protection, so bolster the defence/midfield. I know we are lacking in options but put Broadbent back, move Odimayo to full back- their threat is out wide - and put either Caddis or Donahue to midfield to bolster numbers. 2 up front didnt make sense at that stage.

I fear for our safety in this league after tonight's performance. Yes Oxford was the big one and a great win, but we look so vulnerable and the continuing lengthy injury list is a massive worry and why after Crewe played 120 minutes at Cheltenham did they look so much fresher than us. Like most teams we have a mix of young players and experienced players , but we seem to pick up so many more injuries than other teams - why??

Would have been happy with a draw before the game, expected a win at 2-0 up,  feared a loss at 2-2 and wanted to avoid a drubbing at 2-4.

Overall a very worrying performance.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 06:19:51 »

Well that was certainly a back down to earth performance after the delirium on Saturday.

Everybody knows Crewe are a good passing team who are however suspect at the back and until tonight have an inability to comeback from going a goal behind.

Absolutely love Paul Caddis and his contribution in 2 spells at Swindon has been immense, but tonight proves to me that he unfortunately is not reliable enough to play at League 1 level and I really hate saying that. He doesnt have the physical attributes and the goal conceded at Oxford and first goal tonight shows that his sharpness of thought is lacking. To go in 2-0 up at half time I suspect we dont lose that game. That goal gave them hope.

The second half is a complete disaster. Yes Crewe played well, but we let them attack at will. Surely Sheridan had to react earlier. Clearly Caddis and Donahue are being exposed and DJ and Payne as the wide options are offering no protection, so bolster the defence/midfield. I know we are lacking in options but put Broadbent back, move Odimayo to full back- their threat is out wide - and put either Caddis or Donahue to midfield to bolster numbers. 2 up front didnt make sense at that stage.

I fear for our safety in this league after tonight's performance. Yes Oxford was the big one and a great win, but we look so vulnerable and the continuing lengthy injury list is a massive worry and why after Crewe played 120 minutes at Cheltenham did they look so much fresher than us. Like most teams we have a mix of young players and experienced players , but we seem to pick up so many more injuries than other teams - why??

Would have been happy with a draw before the game, expected a win at 2-0 up,  feared a loss at 2-2 and wanted to avoid a drubbing at 2-4.

Good summary - Spot on how I saw it too.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 06:57:22 »

Perfect synopsis. I was going to post ‘at 0-2 up we should have shut up shop or parked the bus or whatever metaphor you’d use to say, don’t fucking lose this one’. I won’t be watching on Saturday, I’m sorry but my heart is not in it after last night. I’ll be back shortly, I just need to lick my wounds.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 07:13:52 »

well said kirky.

I thought Caddis was one of our more consistent performers until the last 3 or 4 games. maybe 2 a week is too many. maybe age is simply catching up.. not sure
Flashheart

« Reply #292 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 07:34:17 »

Still annoyed with Sheridan.

Even still at 2-1 I think everybody could see they were just going right through us. Something needed to be done - a change of shape or something. I think he's done a decent job up until now but that result is on him I reckon. I get the players are knackered, but you could still try and do something.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 07:48:58 »

I'm concerned. Oxford could easily have been a defeat too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 07:56:44 »

it's going to be a long tough season for sure

edit: unless we stop shipping goals for fun. it's been an issue all year
Flashheart

« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 08:26:40 »

But it wasn't, and Lincoln could easily have been a win (but it wasn't). Other losses/draws could also easily have been wins (but they weren't).

The league is not decided on what could have happened.

Knowing this season we'd likely get a result on Saturday and we can all flip to being positive again, before then flipping back again when the next result goes against us, and so forth.

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 08:31:10 »

Correct. People got carried away with the result(which is understandable) and forgot how poor that game/performance actually was.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 08:59:43 »

I was surprised that Haines was not introduced in the second half to shore up the midfield. He looked OK the few minutes I've watched him this season, and we had nothing to lose  as the whole team was being overrun anyway. 

ust be the oldest
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 09:02:09 »

But it wasn't, and Lincoln could easily have been a win (but it wasn't). Other losses/draws could also easily have been wins (but they weren't).

The league is not decided on what could have happened.

Knowing this season we'd likely get a result on Saturday and we can all flip to being positive again, before then flipping back again when the next result goes against us, and so forth.
I know, I'm not stupid  Smiley Just not confident, yet.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 09:02:39 »

Correct. People got carried away with the result(which is understandable) and forgot how poor that game/performance actually was.

But, either way it proves there are worse teams than us.  Sheridan seems to have gone from hero to zero  in a just a few days, maybe he should have changed the formation at 2:0 up, but with an empty bench he obviously felt at half time that we had enough to see the game out......... Wrong.
Hopefully the injury problems will improve, possibly strengthen the squad in the next few weeks, either way don't think we can blame Sheridan entirely, he can only work with what he has in front of him.
Keep the faith !!!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: