T Smith - 1 (1.2%)
Hunt - 0 (0%)
Payne - 1 (1.2%)
Jaiyesimi - 2 (2.4%)
Broadbent - 68 (81%)
Total Voters: 79

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford U vs STFC MoM  (Read 6151 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:41:02 »

Nobody said he was shite, nobody said he didn't deserve to start over Grounds, a few said that Rob Hunt deserved to replace Baudry instead of Broadbent, that is all..  Jeez

It doesn't matter, it's the same old usual core few who come out and defend each other every time. It wouldn't matter what was posted. I could copy and paste RobT's HT assessment and those that said "agree Rob" etc. Would disagree with an identical post.

They prefer to disagree with someone based on a previous postings, regardless of the content. I keep seeing that on here.

Anyway, I'm not arguing with you. I know you are a decent bloke and I'm enjoying the win.

Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 19:34:43 »

Don't understand the Kovar comments.

He made one good save and maybe 2 average ones. He could have done better with the goal and was nowhere for Taylor's miss.

He performed as an average L1 keeper should. Now that was a better performance than he has put in during other games. He was quicker to react today I thought.

However, one man changed the course of the game. A physical presence up top and everything he touched turned to goal(d).

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 20:06:26 »

He made one good save and maybe 2 average ones. He could have done better with the goal and was nowhere for Taylor's miss.

He performed as an average L1 keeper should. Now that was a better performance than he has put in during other games. He was quicker to react today I thought

Think it was due to there being no significant or highlighted fuck up that he could've been singled out for. So in the eyes of many a jump in improvement from what has been seen.

Bear in mind though that despite this he has been improving in recent weeks. I'd say bar a defensive team mistake that cost us a point v Lincoln, his last three games (inc today) have been a lot more stable.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 20:11:43 »

He performed as an average L1 keeper should. Now that was a better performance than he has put in during other games. He was quicker to react today I thought.

Good save at near post before first, good save to his left as well. Good save point blank in the second half and was generally more assertive and commanding. Also his distribution was excellent and in second half he was constantly keeping the ball moving allowing us to build up pressure. It’s ok to say he had a good game when he actually has...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 20:20:39 »

Good save at near post before first, good save to his left as well. Good save point blank in the second half and was generally more assertive and commanding. Also his distribution was excellent and in second half he was constantly keeping the ball moving allowing us to build up pressure. It’s ok to say he had a good game when he actually has...
I get that, but he was nowhere near MotM

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 20:38:43 »

I get that, but he was nowhere near MotM
Take out the saves and we lose so it’s all relative.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 21:45:59 »

Kovar’s distribution (passing, long kicks and throws) was superb today.

Easy to overlook but it makes such a difference.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 21:48:42 »

Kovar had his best game for us but Broadbent changed the momentum completely.   From the moment he came on, and without touching the ball, he caused confusion in the pox forcing a couple of poor subs from Robinson.   He then won headers, tackles high up the pitch, created space and an outlet and scored at least one of the goals and if not scored created the other.

Without doubt a man of the match, supersub performance that will be remembered for years to come.

Massive credit to Sheridan for changing it too.  
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 21:53:14 by Pookemon » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 22:54:52 »

Broadbent
Wherever you may be
You are the king of the west country
He’s 9 foot tall
And really fucking hard
And he beat Poxford in their own back yard

Things get better but they never get good
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 00:07:18 »

Broadbent
Wherever you may be
You are the king of the west country
He’s 9 foot tall
And really fucking hard
And he beat Poxford in their own back yard

That is quite brilliant.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 09:03:07 »

Broadbent. Impact!

Honourable mentions to Kovar and Matty Taylor for keeping us in the game.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 10:29:57 »

Due to having mal-co-ordinated sausage fingers Jaiyesemi has my vote when I meant to vote for Broadbent!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 11:54:51 »

Technically I thought Donohue was possibly our best player yesterday, I thought he was excellent on the ball. Kovar made some big saves when required as well so hats off. His kicking was exemplary also.

However you have to give it to big Tom. Sent up front to add physicality and to try and get the ball into the final third and showed a poachers instinct for the first goal and then a header forward that somehow beautifully ended up in the net in stoppage time. Finished off his cameo with a fantastic old school tackle in the 95th minute on the half way line. Showed more in 45 minutes as a striker than Pitman has all season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 11:57:28 »

Did Tyler really try and claim the 2nd as his?

Having watched it a few times there is no way he gets a touch on Broadbents header, thats TB's goal all day long. Yes it wouldn't have gone in without Tylers causing confusion in front of the clown but nobody else gets a touch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Hunk

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 12:43:52 »

Did Tyler really try and claim the 2nd as his?

Having watched it a few times there is no way he gets a touch on Broadbents header, thats TB's goal all day long. Yes it wouldn't have gone in without Tylers causing confusion in front of the clown but nobody else gets a touch.

Should be Broadbent credited with the goal and Smith with the assist!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: