Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poxford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 50855 times)

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 13:30:02 »

Really ?,  Think something like this is exactly what we needed,  hopefully we'll kick on from this result.

I agree and hope you're right. The side definitely has some issues though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #706 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 13:36:37 »

Oxford commentary on the link below. A bit of build up so fast forward for the calamity goal. 

Brilliant cheers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #707 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 13:39:21 »

Absolute Calamity!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 13:42:00 »

Absolute Calamity!

Swindon looking to win it😃
Absolute calamity JJ 😁 Priceless words😁

So, give no fucks
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 13:44:50 »

Absolute Calamity!

Quote of the year.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 13:45:19 »

“No yellow cards coming now.”  Ha ha. Loved that ref for booking every ball kicked away. Been annoying me all season. Well done Mr Boyeson.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 13:56:51 »

Possibly plus - it’s added revenue in a time when the football club had lost a huge chunk of its revenue. Desperate time’s do sometimes call for desperate measures.

Exactly this.

On that basis, I'll buy a mug for my Oxford supporting mate. Smiley

"Absolute Calamity!"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 14:13:42 »

So, let’s get this right. We’ve got 6 first team players out injured, another 2 injured in the last game v Lincoln, 2 more in the first half v piss stains and we still won.

Have I got that right?
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 14:38:41 »

Not a great game but a heck of a result. As someone mentioned previously, aside from humiliating them by a cricket score, a win from behind in the last 5 minutes is about as good as it gets. Especially when the catalyst is a cult bit part player played out of position.

Funny I was musing to myself how I thought sticking odimayo in the CF role in the last 20 against Lincoln would be worth a go. He’s got the height, strength and pace to be a real nuisance up top, coupled with being decent with the ball. Can’t say I was expecting Broadbent to be running from the touch line to the wrong end of the pitch though.

Interesting thing to me about that move, is that I can imagine more jobbing/aspirational top level managers (I.e Wellens) not wanting to stick a Broadbent type up top (even though it was clear for everyone to see that having a front 4 with an average height of about 4’11” was hampering us) for fear of it not working and them looking clueless and desperate. No disrespect to Sheridan meant, but he’s not in that position and is clearly headstrong enough (although it appears there’s a downside to that also from previous accounts of falling out with other clubs/players) that he can think “fuck it” and go for a completely cavalier tactic that has a decent basis in logic for the situation, but so often doesn’t come off. Chapeau, I say.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 14:43:26 »

So, let’s get this right. We’ve got 6 first team players out injured, another 2 injured in the last game v Lincoln, 2 more in the first half v piss stains and we still won.

Have I got that right?
Fryers, Conroy, Iandolo, Lyden, Johnny Smith, Pitman, Hope, Baudry, J Grant. I'm missing one aren't I?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #715 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 16:28:20 »

Oxford commentary on the link below. A bit of build up so fast forward for the calamity goal.  

I think the ball shaves Tyler Smith's knee kand I mean shave. But it's enough to flatten the angle slightly which subsequently pushed the ball through the keeper's legs. When you look at the angle the ball is coming down at beforehand from Broadbeans header, It's too steep. Keeper would be playing leapfrog. In isolation TBs header alone would not have made it to the goal with no one there.

Tyler's "knee skim" creates a flume, it adds extra spin to the ball and that momentum takes the ball goalward. I really want to give to to TB though  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #716 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 16:39:51 »

😂😂😂😂
That made me laugh.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 16:49:29 »

Here's one for all to ponder on for 48 hours does Sheriden start with Broadbent against Crewe🤔

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 17:06:14 »

Presume Baudry will be out, but Sheridan didn’t fancy Broadbent to replace him at CB. Can’t really start him up front. I’d still start him in place of Grounds - although he did OK yesterday, tbf.
Panda Paws

« Reply #719 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 17:15:00 »

Here's one for all to ponder on for 48 hours does Sheriden start with Broadbent against Crewe🤔

No. Grounds should keep his place at LCB
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: