Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poxford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 50953 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:25:33 »

Yup, don't think Smith touched it.

Still on a massive high. Fucking love this club.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:28:15 »

Particularly like the one who says"ive never experienced us losing to the scum"
Bless 'im

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #572 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:28:46 »

I know you will - but please do report back for those of less tecnhically minded/arsed  Cheesy
My absolute pleasure.

No passion or fight, come on this is Swindon ffs.

This is an absolute disgrace. Disgrace.
Simon Eastwood has been a liability for months. But Robinson couldn’t see it.
Josh Ruffels has been a liability for months. But Robinson couldn’t see it.
Shodipo can’t play football. But Robinson can’t see it.
I’m disgusted and ashamed of this second half performance. Robinson has lost us this game. Pathetic

Wheres the f*****g pride

Robinson has to go I'm sick to death of him

Unfortunately it was coming

I wish I hadn't seen that. Night folks

I feel sick with rage at that second half performance. Shambolic and gutless.

Can someone count the number of fingers on this scum fan ref?

Think that's the last straw. Robinson out.

Well we fucked that right up....
Just about sums up where we are as a team this season.

Talk about two half’s

What a f*****g disgrace. Should be ashamed of themselves. Absolutely gifted them the win.

Disgrace

I don’t know how to feel I never experienced us losing to the scum im Lost for words

how the f**k do you lose to s**t C***s like that?

2020 just topped itself.

Utterly, utterly shameful.

f*****g shambles.
Spineless
Unintelligent
Incoherent

Swindon trolls incoming. Peace out.

For 20 years we have always fought, in every game against this lot.
kr needs to go, if that's what he calls understanding what this game means to the fans, F*ck off the defence. Total and complete utter sh*te

That better be the last game Eastwood ever plays for this football club. Joke player now.

that has to be the worst swindon side ive ever f*****g seen.any other oxford team wouldve beaten them by loads and yet we f*****g lose to that.

One of the worst second half performances I’ve ever seen from us.

If I had a cat I’d be kicking it right now. Angry is not a strong enough word. Fuming even. 2020 is a f**kin s**t year that can ffing do one as well. Can’t even go out and get pissed. We totally bottled it. Feel so down at the moment.

My f*****g word ... Swindon did not win that, we lost it.

Swindon are a nothing side. They'll finish nowhere, possibly down the bottom somewhere. Losing to a side as crap as that is embarrassing.

Shows the importance of good subs, scums subs turned them around, ours self destructed

That was genuinely the worst Swindon side I've seen us play against.

What a f*****g shambles that Second half was. The subs? Shocking. Eastwood? FFS, If he doesn't get dropped now I dont know what he has to do to to get a place on the bench. f*****g fuming

The players have got some way to go to make up for that second half shambles! Us fans won't forget that in a hurry.

Sickening we should of won it by halftime.
But the second half performance was dreadful, defending was schoolboy stuff.

Awful. Swindon are absolutely dire. We well and truly f*cked that right up. Total domination for 55 minutes and then for whatever reason just stopped playing and tried to shut up shop. That's not the way to do it against teams with a leaky defence, you need to go for the jugular.
In all honesty, Swindon's injuries did them a favour and having to make the subs forced them to change the way they played.

We gave away free kick after free kick in the second half against a really poor Swindon.

I have no idea how we chucked that away against easily the worst side we've played this year.

Today’s game is just embarrassing. A game we should have won.

This is the most disappointed I’ve felt about our team for years yeah I was pissed off in the p.o.f defeat but today I could honestly say in my heart or hearts that those lot who put that yellow shirt on today if they all left tomorrow I wouldn’t give a s**t none of them in that second half deserve to play on Tuesday wankers the lot of them

How can we lose to the worst Swindon side in years after they have 2 injuries in the first half and playing a CB up front?

Swindon were technically the poorest side we have played but deservedly ( probably ) won the game
because we collapsed mentally and they had nothing to lose in the second half. They won every second
ball and the fouls we committed were just racking up. We just simply beat ourselves by conceding two of the
worst goals you‘ve ever seen.

That second half was just not good enough. Dreadful, dreadful football that showed us time wasting at home from the 70th minute.
Swindown were absolutely shite.

It looked like Swindon wanted it more in the last 20 and thats not acceptable.
Sheridan fired them up and made them think they could win.

This was Swindon fgs. A L2 team at best. Not happy. We let a CB with PTSD score and get an assist against us! They have a keeper with hands made of wool. We made them look like Fleetwood Town.

The main positive is that we weren’t there to witness it with the scum pissing themselves laughing at us.
Worst team ever......apparently, so what does that make them? Cheesy Cheesy  Cheesy 

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #573 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:30:17 »

Particularly like the one who says"ive never experienced us losing to the scum"
Bless 'im
Gotta love the "young uns" first experience of a derby defeat, bless his little cotton socks.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:35:49 »

We're a "L2 team" at best apparently?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:36:09 »

What a great feeling - Coming back from a goal down in what could be a 6 pointer.

Thank you Tom Broadbent. You've made my weekend!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:36:59 »

Come on Reg, where the fuck are you?! A month with no log in and 6 weeks since your last post. Hopefully you are just lurking and not logging in.

We need your sound assessment and judgement. This is the perfect kind of season for you. Shame it is mostly online.

Hope you're well.

Just been talking to my daughter about Reg not being on here for a while, trust everything is alright with him.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:37:35 »

Result the most important thing today.
After a bright start when Stevens should have scored, I thought we struggled first half. Poor goal conceded again - this time Caddis giving the ball away, a quick through ball leaving a proven goal scorer like Taylor 1 on 1.
The Taylor miss just before half time was crucial in the end.
Kovar had his best game so far - 4 good saves (including the point blank header second half.
Oxford lost the plot after Broadbent came on - a rudimentary tactic but it worked, and nice to see us profit when their goalie had a rush of blood with the winner.
Also a pleasant change to see a referee deal with their time wasting at 1-0.
A good comeback win. The only cloud is two more injuries today - DJ and Tyler back, two more off injured before half time.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:37:45 »

First drink in 4 weeks for me tonight I think!! So happy.

I hope you get pissed and wet the bed.
Tonight everything go’s.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:37:54 »

I had no expectations for today, and wasn’t even planning to watch - but a change of plans meant I could. At half time I wished I hadn’t spent a tenner. But whilst we were rubbish in the first half, they were in the 2nd, and what we did that we haven’t been is somehow keep it at 1-0 and stayed in the game. Too often this year we’ve let a 2nd and 3rd in and games have petered out. If Sheridan can make us more solid - which he is - when Lyden, Fryers and co are we back then we’ll pick up. Credit where it’s due today. At half time, I didn’t think we knew how to change the game.

And whilst their lot may blame Eastwood, Taylor missed an absolute sitter, that I’m sure any lower league man mountain centre back could have buried.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:46:17 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:38:46 »

Well their second half performance warranted the non league status they so proudly achieved for 5 or 6 years.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:38:57 »

Sorry I can't resist it.....I am off to watch the happenings on the Pox forum...... Cheesy

I couldn’t resist placing a sly post on the Scum Mail.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:39:16 »

That makes them non league then which we've been saying for years😁

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:43:22 »

End the fucking season because it ain't getting better than that. Simply an incredible 5 minutes that went our way. I had a feeling they'd regret that Taylor miss but not to that extent. To turn it around there, time running out, with a patchwork quilt of a side is simply remarkable.

Kids were terrified. Dog thought someone was breaking in to the house. I am now completely drained.

An incredible day to be a fan of this great club. Straight into my top moments following the mighty Swindon. Up there with Flint's play off goal at Brentford and Danny Ward/the shootout at Charlton. Sometimes it's not too bad watching on the tele.

As toothless as we looked for the first hour, I'd be fucking mortified if was a fan of the dark side watching that second half. A simple switch had them scrambling and wasting time almost instantly. They literally stopped even trying to play football.

OUFC - Back in their box and back in our shadow. 1 in a row you cunts.

Clearly someone who gets it.
My Lab is still looking at me with his ears back.
Poor lad a Golden (not yellow) Lab and tonight when he pisses up the fence I will look up to the sky and say Fuck off Oxford.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 18:43:53 »

Result the most important thing today.
After a bright start when Stevens should have scored, I thought we struggled first half. Poor goal conceded again - this time Caddis giving the ball away, a quick through ball leaving a proven goal scorer like Taylor 1 on 1.
The Taylor miss just before half time was crucial in the end.
Kovar had his best game so far - 4 good saves (including the point blank header second half.
Oxford lost the plot after Broadbent came on - a rudimentary tactic but it worked, and nice to see us profit when their goalie had a rush of blood with the winner.
Also a pleasant change to see a referee deal with their time wasting at 1-0.
A good comeback win. The only cloud is two more injuries today - DJ and Tyler back, two more off injured before half time.

‘The Taylor miss just before half time was crucial in the end.‘ I said to the DNA at the time that could well be a defining moment in this game.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: