Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poxford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 51040 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:29:08 »

If he's as good as Chris Sutton, Dion Dublin or even Andy Rowland we may have a chance of scoring😁

Dublin and Sutton went the other way didn’t they?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:29:55 »

Obviously I truly hope it works and I look a right cunt but if Plan B is a reserve centre back who didn't have a squad number a fortnight ago up front then we are properly, genuinely lost.

It’s definitely an upgrade on going one up front with Calvin Andrew
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #347 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:30:06 »

If he's as good as Chris Sutton, Dion Dublin or even Andy Rowland we may have a chance of scoring😁
Yes but they were all forwards who all became centre backs, not many do it the other way!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:30:58 »

Dublin and Sutton went the other way didn’t they?

They could play either and often switched positions for many games depending on injuries within the team

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #349 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:32:10 »

Got away with that again.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:32:18 »

It’s definitely an upgrade on going one up front with Calvin Andrew

Paul Hart was very clear that it was three up front and your refusal to admit that JP McGovern was a valid striker reflects poorly on you.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:32:58 »

They could play either and often switched positions for many games depending on injuries within the team

Sutton didn’t go back till after his time at Celtic. Ditto Dublin and his spell at Norwich.
Before then they were out and out strikers
Peter Venkman

« Reply #352 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:33:07 »

Only later in their careers though, neither them or Andy Rowland played as a CB until late in their careers after long careers at centre forward.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:33:56 »

Obviously I truly hope it works and I look a right cunt but if Plan B with half an hour to go is a reserve centre back who didn't have a squad number a fortnight ago up front then we are properly, genuinely lost.

^ this.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:34:14 »

Broadbent has played 95 minutes in the league, not exactly enough to base a conclusion on that he’s good enough to play regularly this season and the managers actually see the players train! Grounds started off well and progressively got worst, any he’s on now and up front!

Yeah but my actual point was we can only judge a player truly on their last game. Broadbent did well last game, he should have started over Grounds - agreed? When a CB got injured and one that played well last game is on the bench...go figure.

Yeah he is. No doubt he'll pop up with a 90+5 game saving thronker now Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #355 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:34:31 »

Kovar was like a cat playing with a wool ball there.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:34:41 »

I'll remind you again, Tom Broadbent was still under the charge of a manager who refused to play him, regardless of available option. It seems he might have another of a similar ilk.

Rob Hunt is a utility full back capable of playing LB or RB. When he has played, has has played in either of these positions. The same could be said for the likes of Caddis (usually).  They personally both may be prefer to play at RB but where you prefer to play isn't always the main factor in a squad game. At L2 both players are capable of playing LB or RB. Caddis could probably do both at L1 and has done previously but we're talking this season with an older player now. Rob Hunt, currently can't play either his "preferred position" or on the other side at L1 level.

Why the manager has fucked around with the team (bar injuries) from the previous match, I don't know. Especially in defence where some kind of continuity is key. I think, even if we disagree on the ability of Rob Hunt at this level, Grounds should not have started.

I don't think he refused to play him last season, he was just 4th choice CB when he was fit and available.  This season, maybe.

I don't think you can accuse Sheridan of treating him unfairly when he has played him for more minutes in his few games in charge than Wellens did for the past season and a half.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #357 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:36:44 »

Very good claim by Kovar there.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:36:55 »

Yeah but my actual point was we can only judge a player truly on their last game. Broadbent did well last game, he should have started over Grounds - agreed? When a CB got injured and one that played well last game is on the bench...go figure.

Now I know what you look like I can make sure I never stand in front of you at a game. 😉

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:37:14 »

I'll give you that Broadbent should have started instead of Grounds.  You can't have your other point though.  I'd not trust either of them to play RCB.  Far too risky based on the available evidence.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: