Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poxford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 51073 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:04:32 »

Sounds like Tony Daley years ago for Villa

So, give no fucks
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:05:34 »

he runs quickly.
can't pass
In spite of what I've just said, I certainly hear you.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #302 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:06:13 »

he runs quickly.
can't pass
He reminds me of Keshi, does the hard working getting into positions and uses his pace and dribbling skills, then he forgets what hes doing and 9 times out of 10 his pass/cross/shot is nowhere near its intended target.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:06:18 »

Apart from left full back, where Stevens has Ruffles on toast. Just needs support (and, in an ideal world, the ability to finish)

The one notable weakness but we are not exploiting it.
Put pressure on this half and we can get behind them.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:06:38 »

He’d be fine in a proper midfield 3 which is what we need to play but we only have 2 fit centre Mids so he’s completely overloaded both in matches and the number of minutes he has to play.

Agreed

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:06:44 »

Red Frog isn't going to like me......

We are a broken team, playing under broken leadership and in a broken season.

You cannot do much as a team when two centre backs stand and watch a forward just move into 5 yards of space inbetween them.  He's in a yellow shirt, so not exactly hiding.  The mental side of our platers is shot to pieces and no amount of coaching is going to fix it this season I'm afraid.  Once you have that problem, you really are up against it to do anything much good.   You can't win enough games when you have 4 or 5 of those instances in a single half every game, and it is pretty much every game.

Odimayo gets plaudits but he could be personally responsible for us conceding two goals today already.  Same problem, no focus, switched off at a free kick when Taylor is walking away, switched off on ball round the side and let Taylor drift behind him easily.

In midfield we are broken thanks to Wellens.  Two central midfielders for a season is clearly an issue.  Grant and Caddis both look like they'd struggle to muster a working leg between them right now.  Caddis' lack of either fitness, or just getting on a bit is now exposed alongside Grant who seems to be a similar situation.  

Stevens - what the fuck were we sold with this lad?  I'm sorry, it's almost like watching Dean Hooper make his debut all those years ago.   If someone could just put his legs on A Grant.  He has very little future in the game as far as I can see - pace can only keep you going for so long in the game before you actually need to be able to play football.  Some may say that is harsh, but he looks the same in every game pretty much.  At least with J Smith you can see some ability and you think you can work on decision making.

Injuries - last seasons gamble has not paid of this season because of the unique situation.  This bizarre mind fuck of a season needed players who could player two times a week, graft games out.

Overall, we could still snatch something from this, but it's not fun watching because of all those issues above.  I'm worried for us this season now, I thought the ability we had would see us through and the empty stands would help us by taking the pressure off from fans wanting us to quit the passing game.  Turns out it's created a mental weakness in our team and in turn we've had to resort to abandoning everything that made us good last season anyway.  Sad times.  Still, the world has bigger problems to worry about, so I find myself not that fussed outside of watching the game itself.

On the plus side, um, fuck, this is usually my forte.........
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:07:54 »

Here we go. Come on Town, pull something out of the bag here.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:07:57 »

Quote from: RedRag
he runs quickly.
can't pass
In spite of what I've just said, I certainly hear you.

I also get what you are saying. His pace scared them.

Joel Grant wasn't much better with the final ball either imo.

Tyler Smith looks off the pace a bit, understandably so.

Caddis and Grant are not working.

kovar has done well
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:08:22 »

Nice one Robert Clap

So, give no fucks
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:08:32 »

Still holding out hope for a result today, they aren't anything special. Would like DJ on early in 2nd half if nothings changed if he's fit enough.

COYR
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:08:38 »

Still, they're there to be got at. As are we. Both defensives are dismal and both keepers dodgy. Game very much still on.

On the Broadbent/Hunt debate... Two very left footed CBs is never a good idea.

We'll win...1-2

I don't  know PP. Surely you could say the same for having two predominantly right footed CBs. Don't see how the two left footed is not good element stands up in that case? Ideally you want one of each but I don't think it is a bad idea having two lefties as much as it is two righties (football not politics).

Surely you play your "best" (loose term at present) team available and going on the previous match, although we lost, that squad was fairly solid for 95.5 out of 96 mins. Broadbent must feel like he's been dealt two of the worse blokes at employee management in a row.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:09:10 »

Surely you judge a player on current season form and not historical form...from a division below? Rob Hunt currently hasn't cut the mustard for us at L1 this term so far. Broadbent when given an opportunity has done well. For a first start in a while, you have to agree he was pretty solid and we can only go on what we have seen this season so far.

We all know Broadbent had personal issues to deal with and seemingly with a manager who decided he had no route back into the squad. It's a bit harsh to say TB wasn't good enough to play in L2 when his manager was refusing to pick him most the time anyway.

Pretty obvious some players don't get picked just because a manager can't shift a grudge. Wellens clearly was a petty little cunt. Seemingly learning from his Master...Sheridan.

I'll ask again, how many games has Rob Hunt played in his preferred postion in league 1 this season?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:10:24 »

We'll win...1-2

I don't  know PP. Surely you could say the same for having two predominantly right footed CBs. Don't see how the two left footed is not good element stands up in that case? Ideally you want one of each but I don't think it is a bad idea having two lefties as much as it is two righties (football not politics).

Surely you play your "best" (loose term at present) team available and going on the previous match, although we lost, that squad was fairly solid for 95.5 out of 96 mins. Broadbent must feel like he's been dealt two of the worse blokes at employee management in a row.

Maybe the WrightWellens hatred for Broadbent has since been passed onto Sheriden!

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:10:40 »

Eastwood has an absolute horror clearance and Oxford get away with it. The kind of thing we've been punished for every time this season. Luck owes us a bit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #314 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:11:26 »

TBH I agree pretty much word for word with RobT.

As for Pox, Eastwood is a poor keeper, similar in quality to Kovar and we can punish him if we get some shots on target.....and there is the problem.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: