Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poxford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 50948 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 15:55:12 »

Struggling to think of anything positive from that half apart from the fact we’re only one down. They’re poor, but we can’t pass, seem like strangers, and.... bottom line, just don’t seem up for it.
Matt Smith (as usual) has played 2 beautiful defence splitting balls and Joel G was unlucky with hgis cross and Kovar, not bad so far.  Does that help you?
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 15:55:56 »

totally losing it in the centre of midfield, they can run at us at will

Despite having two holding midfielders in there.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 15:56:40 »

We are slow.  CD's and DM's (if we are playing Caddis as DM Im not really sure) have the best part of 130 years between them.  Exposed by pace.  We just look pedestrian.

Never knowingly overstated.
Flashheart

« Reply #288 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 15:56:44 »

some half time ska

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 15:57:05 »

You can say that about a lot of our team including Broadbent.  How many games has he played for us at RB in L1?

Well this season he was still under the charge of "little man syndrome" and "I always hold a grudge me" Wellens. The point being, when TB has finally taken his chance this season, he's played well. Not saying he is the new Maldini or Cannavaro but he has done well so far this season. Whereas Rob Hunt has not so far this season. That's all we can go on.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 15:57:12 »

Hmmmm.
I think we need to tighten in midfield in the second half. Think I would take off Caddis, who is not having a good game. Replace him with Broadbent. Push Odimayo back to RB and Hunt to LB. Then move Donahue to LW. Payne drops in behind T Smith and M Smith drops back into a midfield pairing with Grant.

Or, DJ comes on instead of Caddis to Play on the left and Payne drops into midfield.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 15:58:08 »

Surely you judge a player on current season form and not historical form...from a division below? Rob Hunt currently hasn't cut the mustard for us at L1 this term so far. Broadbent when given an opportunity has done well. For a first start in a while, you have to agree he was pretty solid and we can only go on what we have seen this season so far.

We all know Broadbent had personal issues to deal with and seemingly with a manager who decided he had no route back into the squad. It's a bit harsh to say TB wasn't good enough to play in L2 when his manager was refusing to pick him most the time anyway.

Pretty obvious some players don't get picked just because a manager can't shift a grudge. Wellens clearly was a petty little cunt. Seemingly learning from his Master...Sheridan.
For once can’t you just reply with one sentence? Hunt was the logical change and allows the left foot right foot centre back combination. Broadbent is 28 with 50 league appearances and has spent the majority of the last 2 season injured or out with other issues whereas Hunt has played regularly and is pretty reliable.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 15:58:17 »

Oxford have more pace all over the park unfortunately.
Not out of it.
Next goal will decide our fate. Score we could get a point. Concede it’s game over.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:00:34 »

Oxford have more pace all over the park unfortunately.

Apart from left full back, where Stevens has Ruffles on toast. Just needs support (and, in an ideal world, the ability to finish)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:01:49 »

Need more up front but obviously we dont have anyone available. We seem so slow in transition both ways with little defensive cover and bodies struggling to support Tyler Smith.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:02:28 »

Fuck it take Kovar off and put Payne up front playing with no goalkeeper may help us😁

So, give no fucks
Panda Paws

« Reply #296 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:03:27 »

For once can’t you just reply with one sentence? Hunt was the logical change and allows the left foot right foot centre back combination. Broadbent is 28 with 50 league appearances and has spent the majority of the last 2 season injured or out with other issues whereas Hunt has played regularly and is pretty reliable.

Spot on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:03:31 »

Quote from: Nemo
Apart from left full back, where Stevens has Ruffles on toast.

he runs quickly.
can't pass
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:04:08 »

Hope injured and two more injuries in the first half.  Henry and Taylor are v.  good players indeed at this level.  Fear Taylor would've been crucified for his miss in a red shirt.  Let's not start jumping on our own team already.  COYR  Pint
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 16:04:25 »

he runs quickly.
can't pass

Or shoot, I know. I'd be asking him to run into the box and look for contact like a latter day Eric Sabin.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: