Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poxford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 50912 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 10:09:49 »

Draw. 1-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 10:31:03 »

Gorrin to be sent off for them at 1-0 then we come back to win 1-2 with a Tyler Smith brace in the second half.

Why not.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 10:36:42 »

Will be listening in whilst battering the punch bag in my garage  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 10:44:41 »

Having lived In their territory all my life, they dream of these stories.
I even know hardcore Pox fans and they never recount the tales. Yes the gates did get broken at Swindon when Rideout put the ball in through the smoke but they never went on a rampage that they claim. Our car was in the CG carpark and never saw any bother.
Seen the odd pavement dancing and bravado but whilst the hatred is intense, worse games for trouble against the bigger clubs, Millwall, Pompey, Bristol City and Cardiff.

Just adds to why I detest them, they are deluded and the fact that they have had the upper hand in recent years with results depresses me.

Fucking spot on.

The Pox millennials need to understand that prior to their winning run against us the win ratio was 24 to us and a measly 9 to them.
Absolutely this. They never came to the CG and gave us a good game and we always had a good game there except for the 5-0 defeat in 82 our relegation season.

In 60 games Town have won 23 and Pox only 16 with 21 draws, we have scored 82 and conceded 66.

It took them 8 attempts to beat us in any competition, and 13 attempts in the league to register their first win against us.

In the first 27 meeting between Town and Pox they won just 2 times right up until 1982, it then took then another 11 games to get another win in 1996.

In recent years in away games we have had less luck with just 3 wins from the last 13 games played up there in the wild dirty North, with 10 ending in defeats.

Prior to 1996 Pox had only won 4 games with Swindon won 6 with the other 12 ending as draws.

I would welcome a draw but they are not one of the better sides and easily beatable without defensive/goalkeeping slip ups, cut those out and we won't lose.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 10:47:37 »

Gorrin to be sent off for them at 1-0 then we come back to win 1-2 with a Tyler Smith brace in the second half.

Why not.

I watched Oxford a couple of times last season during the play-offs and Gorrin was very lucky to not be sent off in both games. With A.Grant, Caddis and Matt Smith in our midfield I can see Gorrin seeing red today.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 10:49:20 »

"You haven't beaten us in X amount of years"  may be applicable but ignores most of the time they've been a division or two below us including ventures into the Blue Square Premier.

Sooner we put them back in their pox box the better. Pissy little club.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 10:51:01 »

I watched Oxford a couple of times last season during the play-offs and Gorrin was very lucky to not be sent off in both games. With A.Grant, Caddis and Matt Smith in our midfield I can see Gorrin seeing red today.

Yep Taylor as well is a yappy little shit who manages to ride his luck. Would be a nice day for his antics to backfire.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #97 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 10:58:11 »

He has 3 yellows so far this season, I am sure Caddis and Grant will wind him up to the max today, not a game for a player with a short fuse.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #98 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 11:00:36 »

"You haven't beaten us in X amount of years"  may be applicable but ignores most of the time they've been a division or two below us including ventures into the Blue Square Premier.

Sooner we put them back in their pox box the better. Pissy little club.
They conveniently forget that we beat them 2 games ago in the Checkatrade Trophy, but of course that doesn't count as it wasn't a real game and it was penalties blah blah blah.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #99 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 11:04:41 »

Happy 21st birthday Akin Odimayo.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 11:32:37 »

I see their Ox has been spray painted again.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 11:33:55 »

Having DJ and Tyler Smith back is significant.  I think we'll give them a game.  But word will have got around by now that our keepers are prone to errors...which can only encourage other sides to have a go.  This lot certainly will, and it will make for nervy viewing.  I'm not decided whether I want to watch it either.

Steve Robinson definitely had a cameo in one of my dreams last night.

Steve Robinson definitely had a cameo in one of my dreams last night. Not sure how to interpret that comment.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 11:35:38 »

Steve Robinson definitely had a cameo in one of my dreams last night. Not sure how to interpret that comment.

Tyler Smith was in mine!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 11:40:01 »

Tyler Smith was in mine!

Must be contagious.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 12:04:54 »

Did they work for the BBC?