Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poxford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 51033 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 00:10:23 »

Spurs fans did, according to an older mate of mine. He said there was a huge guy in pyjamas and DM's who finally got nicked by about 6 coppers. Oxford? Not in any match I've attended. Luton boys took the London Road end though.

1989, we beat the scummers 3-0 at home. Never heard them, never saw them outside the ground. The game at home when Beauchump returned, they probably only scraped a measly thousand. Early 90s at the minnow ground, 1-0 Steve White in front of the London Road. Apart from a few shouting behind the police at the end of Cuckoo lane it was quite a peaceful day.

« Last Edit: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 08:51:12 by 4D » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 07:13:49 »

From what I can remember there was a time that a wall collapsed. Guess it was around 77 or 78? There was trouble in their bit of Shrivvie Rd but there weren't many there. Always thought a few extra coppers would have sorted out most bother most of the time. I recall Pompey and Millwall being the games where there was trouble before, during and probably after? I was quite young then and would watch from B block with my Gramp but don't recall Pox hiding their scarves and going in the Town End. Memory is that Pompey definitely did followed by the parting of the fans and the fights starting. Long time ago. Old men telling very tall stories to impressionable boys is quite sad and dubious.

I can remember the same as you and it was always Pompey and Bristol City who were in the Townend in the late 70's early 80's and in those days Oxford never packed out the enclosure & Stratton bank and there was one occasion over Easter when they were fighting with police but only in their own end 

So, give no fucks
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 07:18:11 »

From what I can remember there was a time that a wall collapsed. Guess it was around 77 or 78? There was trouble in their bit of Shrivvie Rd but there weren't many there. Always thought a few extra coppers would have sorted out most bother most of the time. I recall Pompey and Millwall being the games where there was trouble before, during and probably after? I was quite young then and would watch from B block with my Gramp but don't recall Pox hiding their scarves and going in the Town End. Memory is that Pompey definitely did followed by the parting of the fans and the fights starting. Long time ago. Old men telling very tall stories to impressionable boys is quite sad and dubious.

I haven't read the drivel but something similar happened to what you describe, only thing is it was at their ground. About 30 of them came in the away end an hour before kick off. Who they threw punches at were the programme collectors, old men and kids. My mate at his first game picked up a broken jaw, nice surprise for his mum and dad as he was only 14.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 08:02:46 »

It's a game of football.

Some old men had a scrap in the 1970s?  No.  One.  Cares.
Freddies Ferret 2.0

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 08:11:45 »

Come on town! Bring us some cheer
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 08:31:15 »

I can't face watching it, but at the same time I can't miss it. It's a horrible quandary to be in.
It's not going to go well, we're going to need to score 2-3 to get any kind of result I feel.

Could John Sheridan be the first manager to record a win over Oxford since Andy King? I highly doubt it, but you never know.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 08:40:32 »

Having DJ and Tyler Smith back is significant.  I think we'll give them a game.  But word will have got around by now that our keepers are prone to errors...which can only encourage other sides to have a go.  This lot certainly will, and it will make for nervy viewing.  I'm not decided whether I want to watch it either.

Steve Robinson definitely had a cameo in one of my dreams last night.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 09:00:55 »

Quote from: Ginginho
I can't face watching it, but at the same time I can't miss it. It's a horrible quandary to be in.

I don't think your the only one feeling this.

But for some reason today I have 0 expectation. Given our recent record I almost expect us to lose, which is rediculous because of course we have a chance.

so I guess I'm mentally preparing for the worst, hoping for thev best
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 09:02:55 »

A win today for us will of course not count; after all did cheat to get the first game postponed and it is behind closed doors (thankfully, because we don’t want to bump into the O*ford yoof and be part of their jackanory tales of ‚taking Swindon & making the scum run‘)

I come from a land down-under
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 09:06:09 »

The Pox millennials need to understand that prior to their winning run against us the win ratio was 24 to us and a measly 9 to them.
Flashheart

« Reply #85 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 09:15:48 »

Fucking

COME ON
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 09:16:20 »

Booked eye tests for both my kids several months ago, 2pm and 2:10pm today. Quickest tests and glasses choices coming up, then...  Crying Cheesy

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 09:17:00 »

Hey, Robbo. One for you

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 09:22:57 »

Having lived In their territory all my life, they dream of these stories.
I even know hardcore Pox fans and they never recount the tales. Yes the gates did get broken at Swindon when Rideout put the ball in through the smoke but they never went on a rampage that they claim. Our car was in the CG carpark and never saw any bother.
Seen the odd pavement dancing and bravado but whilst the hatred is intense, worse games for trouble against the bigger clubs, Millwall, Pompey, Bristol City and Cardiff.

Just adds to why I detest them, they are deluded and the fact that they have had the upper hand in recent years with results depresses me.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 09:26:13 by TheDukeOfBanbury » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 09:36:21 »

Going to the pub this morning and ordering the beans on toast plus 4 or 5 pints to wash it down with probably isn’t going to work.
Will have to utilise the latest delivery from Lilley’s splendid online shop to settle the pre match nerves instead.
A couple of bottles of Gladiator should do the trick.

Watching Town play on 2nd round FA Cup day will be a novel experience.

I remember the Steve Robinson close range volley to seal the win in 2001.
Most of the loose change went flying out of the jacket pocket during the course of the celebration.

The point has been well made that it’s the fans that make derby games what they are, which is true.
However, the players should still be aware that this game does mean a bit more to the fans even though we can’t be there.
The team has the opportunity (or should that be responsibility) to cheer a fair few people up over this weekend which is important.
Go on, you can do it. Make us happy.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: