Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poxford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 50363 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 10:16:14 »

[quote yes Gazza famously did it to V.Jones for shits and giggles, but I just can't get my head around why anyone would want to do what Taylor did?

The other way around BO

Oops, you are, of course correct 4D!

I stand corrected! Ooooh matron and all that.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 10:42:03 »

It will be interesting to see if the match shows any characteristics of a Derby game.

In front of no crowd the players won’t feel much pressure. Doubt there will be any feisty challenges or general handbags, I suspect it will play out as if it’s any old game between 2 teams from different ends of the country
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 10:44:52 »

The car park might be full  Wink

Edit. Bugger, no it won't it's still lockdown
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 21:19:33 »

Not missed a derby since 76.
The last time we were not in a good shape and had injuries I wasn’t confident. We got beat 5-3.
Not confident this weekend in fact dreading it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 21:39:58 »

Not missed a derby since 76.
The last time we were not in a good shape and had injuries I wasn’t confident. We got beat 5-3.
Not confident this weekend in fact dreading it.

That was my first trip to the Manor.  Shaun Close after 40 seconds!  All downhill after that.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 10:28:20 »

Can't see anything over than a convincing defeat against Blackbird Leys United however, stranger things have happened in football. Potentially having Tyler Smith back could give us a bit more of an edge up front, I've liked the look of him so far. No idea if we have anyone else coming back, we miss DJ massively. Caddis to score the winner and Kovar to save a pen  Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 10:37:54 »

Went to my first game at the Manor in 1988 a 1-1 draw with centre back Tim Parkin grabbing a late equaliser with a far post header sending the 2,500 or so Town fans into raptures literally 2 minutes after they took the lead.

Couldn't get to all the games from then on and was lucky enough to have missed every defeat there over the years, in games I attended there I saw 2 draws and 4 wins, the last being when Turbo grabbed a brace in 2001 including a cracker from 25 yards and a fantastic volley. Oxford players lost their temper and had 2 sent off, a proper local derby.

Have never been to a game in person at the 3 sided monstrosity.

They are on a slightly better run of form that we are with 2 wins and 1 draw in the last 5, we have 1 win and 2 draws in the last 5.

Our line up could be anyones guess depending on the fitness of any returnees, but I would expect we will probably be unchanged from Tuesday and play a similat line up barring any fresh inury worries.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 10:56:43 »

I get that we're not great at the moment, but I am genuinely surprised at the level of negativity.

We've improved considerably over the last couple of games and Oxford ain't all that great either. A lot of people had us down as definitely getting a whooping from Bristol Rovers - look how that turned out.

I'll take a point - as I would with any away game, and I think a point is a very reasonable result to hope for.

Would be giddy with all 3.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 11:02:50 »

I get that we're not great at the moment, but I am genuinely surprised at the level of negativity.

We've improved considerably over the last couple of games and Oxford ain't all that great either. A lot of people had us down as definitely getting a whooping from Bristol Rovers - look how that turned out.

I'll take a point - as I would with any away game, and I think a point is a very reasonable result to hope for.

I don't think we are as shit as many of our fans are saying at all either, with betterfinishing by Frenchie and one less mistake by Kovar we would have won on Tuesday, Oxford are are shit too and below us in the table, we have injured players returning too.

That said any away point is great and 3 would be easily doable if we play as we did in Tuesday but with a bit better finishing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 11:05:18 »

League positions suggest a draw (at the very least) should be achievable.

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 11:13:32 »

League positions suggest a draw (at the very least) should be achievable.

Indeed.

Comments like (can't see past a convincing defeat) are quite baffling to me.

Is it really beyond the realms of possibility we'd get a result against a team on the same number of points as we are (albeit with a game in hand)

Bonkers.
Panda Paws

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 11:14:49 »

Logical me says we've got a good chance of getting something - they're as bad as we are, according to the table, and we've made massive progress in the last 2 weeks. A RW-esque surprise or two on the teamsheet wouldn't go amiss.

The bitter, burnt, experienced football fan in me knows we're going to get pumped.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 11:18:25 by Panda Paws » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 11:17:33 »

they are above us on gd with a game in hand.

But they clearly aren't brilliant either!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 11:35:39 »

Indeed.

Comments like (can't see past a convincing defeat) are quite baffling to me.

Is it really beyond the realms of possibility we'd get a result against a team on the same number of points as we are (albeit with a game in hand)

Bonkers.

They do say the table doesn't lie, but in Oxford's case its a little misleading due to games cancelled etc. I just had a look at their fixtures and out of their 12 league games they have only played 4 at home and have faced Pompey, Fleetwood, Posh, Charlton, Accrington and Lincoln all away which on paper are tough games.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 11:48:27 »

Completely agree. Wouldn't imagine they're very confident of getting anything out of this either and with our newly resilient defence Wink I think we can get at least a point out of this, possibly sneak another derby day 1-0. I know, I'm getting proper carried away Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: