Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poxford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 50742 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 08:38:33 »

Not sure if it is a troll
oh come on!

is anyone here going to admit to it?!
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 09:29:16 »

RIP to the very specifically defined statistical anomaly.

On to the next game now.

If we can put out a full strength side for a prolonged run of games, we'll be fine.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 11:08:29 »

Just went on to the Oxford forum to see what the state of play was and found this little gem! Not sure if it is a troll or whatever but the comment about the ground made me piss 

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/28-11-2020-l1-oufc-v-swindon-town.4596/page-43#post-328845
Clap  Gotta be a troll.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 11:10:33 »

oh come on!

is anyone here going to admit to it?!
Suspect this may be a case of "he who smelt it", if only for the sheer length of it Smiley
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 11:42:04 »

Suspect this may be a case of "he who smelt it", if only for the sheer length of it Smiley

Plus the fact a certain Sam Ricketts was mentioned.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 11:54:07 »

Quote from: Quagmire
Plus the fact a certain Sam Ricketts was mentioned.

good points!
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 12:17:47 »

Spent too much time going through their forum reaction... TBF after the early abuse and throat-slitting, the more recent posts have been concentrating on Robinson's their own players' shortcomings rather than having a go at us.

Reading their reactions, Schadenfreude at its best  Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 12:32:29 »

Cheesy Cheesy
Our midfield needs to be more solid as Crewe easily beat Peterborough recently and looked good

So did Chorley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #758 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 13:04:32 »

Our midfield needs to be more solid as Crewe easily beat Peterborough recently and looked good
There are no stand out teams so far this season in our league, We beat Hull yet they sit at the top, Peterborugh are 2nd yet you were the better side for the whole of the 1st half against them.

Charlon outplayed us in the LC tie but sit 3rd in the league yet were beatne 4-2 by a Burton side that we beat.

No team so far has looked head an shoulders the best in this league.

The last 3 fixtures for Crewe have been 3 defeats again Cheltenham A (FA cup) 2-1, Accrington A 1-0 and Pompey A 4-1.

The sit 2 places above us but on the same points as us on the same games played, both with 5 wins and 1 draw so far.

In the last 5 league form - ours is actually very slightly better on DLWLW and they are on LWWLL.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #759 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 13:12:33 »

A few bits on Crewes defeat at Cheltenham on Saturday...

I am getting a bit fed up of football by numbers and without passion. We seem to have forgotten how to attack. I can't tell who is being reined in by management and who hasn't got the appetite.
Perry seems to have lost it and we make little progress down that side. Mind you, I am getting very worried about Powell. He seems heavy and ponderous. None of the driving forward of last season. Perhaps he needs a spell on the left (his preferred side) while Charlie takes the right and gets outside his marker.
I won't say anything about Finney except to say we need 11 players with passing ability.
Whatever, we need tactical change. The opposition have worked us out and there is not enough individual initiative to break the system.
Time to let the players have a bit of freedom on the pitch.

We got what we deserved, no imagination, no forward movement and nobody willing to drive at the Cheltenham defence. The only positve was Porter scoring.
Re Powell, I think that he is a confidence player and at the moment he hasn't got any. Like last season as soon as he gets on the scoresheet he will improve. My biggest worry is Perry who eveytime gets the ball looks to pass sideways or back. Where's the drive from last season?
One last moan- have we employed the same Throw-in coach as twenty years ago. We seem totally lost at throw ins, especially in our own half.

We seem to have dipped severely in form since we beat Peterboro and the discussion should be why? Maybe its because we really are a L2 team that cannot even compete with another L2 team like yesterday?

I wouldn't worry about the League 2 - League 1 difference, on that showing Cheltenham will be in League 1 next season. They were just better then us all over the pitch, they closed us down as soon as we tried to move forward. Their wingers were able to go past our defenders with ease. It was like watching the Alex/Posh game....only in reverse.

Panda Paws

« Reply #760 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 13:28:42 »

Sounds like they're knackered and struggling to play so many games, a bit like everyone else. Shithousing is the way forward.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 13:32:36 »

I see Perry Ng was a naughty boy at the weekend too, spitting in Wade Elliotts face
Peter Venkman

« Reply #762 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 13:43:33 »

I see Perry Ng was a naughty boy at the weekend too, spitting in Wade Elliotts face
He was their best player last season for me, hopefully he gets a ban before tomorrow!

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/crewe-alexandra-press-conference-dave-19372047

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 13:52:33 »

hopefully he gets a ban before tomorrow!

and replaced in the team with Olly Lancashire. Well, you can hope can't you?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #764 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 13:55:50 »

and replaced in the team with Olly Lancashire. Well, you can hope can't you?
Perfect scenario Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: