Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poxford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 50369 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 20:14:15 »

i dunno.

I agree 1 up front.doesn't work with Smith.

sir Tom could have done no more Saturday.

but starting with him up front.. perhaps a bit too far.

I'd address Saturday by working out how the hell to sit the middle of midfield out first.

Our midfield needs to be more solid as Crewe easily beat Peterborough recently and looked good

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 20:20:21 »

Who was that long haired bloke Oldham converted from a defender to striker who scored shedloads for them in the early 90s? Marshall rings a bell.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 20:21:39 »

I have watched it many times and I think you are wrong mate, Tylers made no connection with that ball at all. Goal for Broadbent and immaculate assist to Clownkeeper.

Admittedly I haven't watched on a big screen. It's just the trajectory from Broadbean's looping header doesn't look like it could ever go under the keeper without even the slightest microns of a gnats cock. I don't dispute what you say btw. But in any case, surely the assist would go to Odimayo for that long punt up to TB?  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 20:21:52 »

Who was that long haired bloke Oldham converted from a defender to striker who scored shedloads for them in the early 90s? Marshall rings a bell.

Ian Marshall

* IMG_3432.JPG (138.03 KB, 600x850 - viewed 83 times.)

So, give no fucks
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 20:34:54 »

i dunno.

I agree 1 up front.doesn't work with Smith.

sir Tom could have done no more Saturday.

but starting with him up front.. perhaps a bit too far.

I'd address Saturday by working out how the hell to sit the middle of midfield out first.

We've had a Jordan Lyden sized hole all season and it doesn't seem likely to change this week.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 21:02:33 »

Ian Marshall
McMahon tried to sign Ian Marshall when we sold Fjortoft in March 1995. Couldn't do the deal and still went ahead with the Fjortoft deal.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 21:06:16 »

McMahon tried to sign Ian Marshall when we sold Fjortoft in March 1995. Couldn't do the deal and still went ahead with the Fjortoft deal.

Good memory as that had slipped me by. I would imagine Mark Walters & Paul Allen must have been on top wages later on
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 21:08:02 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 21:44:15 »

We've had a Jordan Lyden sized hole all season and it doesn't seem likely to change this week.

Yeah Lyden (or Doughty  Crying) makes us a different animal in that area of the pitch. We're unbalanced. Grant doesnt look like he knows how deep he should be dropping at times. Seemed a bit lost yesterday.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 22:03:46 »

Yeah Lyden (or Doughty  Crying) makes us a different animal in that area of the pitch. We're unbalanced. Grant doesnt look like he knows how deep he should be dropping at times. Seemed a bit lost yesterday.

Losing Doughty was a huge shame. But both him and Smith are similar players, both number 8s. Lyden offers the perfect balance to a Smith or Doughty alongside a more defensive midfielder like Grant.

Given a favourable wind (weaker opponents at home), Smith and Doughty could have been pretty magic to watch together though.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 22:07:53 by Boeta » Logged
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 22:06:21 »

On a different note, I thought Payne showed he can play off the flanks well enough when he came on yesterday. He leaves us too open when he plays no. 10 but I think he could offer far more creativity on the flanks than J Grant or Hope could
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 22:11:19 »

Losing Doughty was a huge shame. But both him and Smith are similar players, both number 8s. Lyden offers the perfect balance to a Smith or Doughty alongside a more defensive midfielder like Grant.

Yeah see what you're saying but Matt Smith was at times playing as the 10 yesterday so could easily see Doughty feeding him with Grant sitting. All hypothetical anyway. A fit Lyden would be a huge plus.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 22:33:06 »

Will need changes for Crewe given fresh injury problems, so assuming those available are the 18 man squad against Oxford less the injured Baudry and Joel Grant, with no one else returning I would be tempted to give Anthony Grant a rest (saving him for the more physical battle against Gillingham), handing a start to Haines who hopefully will add some energy to the midfield and bring in Broadbent at the back, reverting to plan B if we fall behind again. All of Broadbent, Hunt, DJ and Payne deserve starts based on the impact they all made as subs on Saturday.

A sort of 4411 formation, with Caddis and Payne providing the width in midfield and DJ behind and in support of Tyler Smith.

Kovar.
Hunt Odemayo Broadbent Donahue
Caddis Haines M Smith Payne
DJ
T Smith

Subs
Fryer
Curran
Grounds
A Grant
Stevens
+ anyone else fit
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 23:50:49 »

Where's the Oxford Goat? I was wondering what their thoughts on the match were? Give it a few days I guess. Good poster.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 00:02:18 »

Just went on to the Oxford forum to see what the state of play was and found this little gem! Not sure if it is a troll or whatever but the comment about the ground made me piss 

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/28-11-2020-l1-oufc-v-swindon-town.4596/page-43#post-328845

'Incessant Nonsense'

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Monday, November 30, 2020, 08:31:34 »

Has there been any interviews with Broadbent after the game?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: