Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Twine  (Read 19430 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 13:12:22 »

I agree with the first part but I doubt we would use a loan up getting hiom back for the rest of the season as we are actively after 2 loan strikers which probably means the rarely used Tyler Smith will go back.

More likely if he leaves he will sign back at Newport on loan until the end of the season than coming back to us I think.

Maybe as his confidence will soon drop playing under Sheridan

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #121 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 13:16:33 »

Maybe as his confidence will soon drop playing under Sheridan
Judging by the way Sheridan was shouting at DJ all game, moaning at him for not playing well and constantly berating him that may well happen to DJ as well.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 13:48:31 »

Judging by the way Sheridan was shouting at DJ all game, moaning at him for not playing well and constantly berating him that may well happen to DJ as well.

I know I have come under an awful lot of flak for my opinion on El Shezza but I've stuck to my "what I know" the whole time. I can see many turning now and realising he isn't good enough. When it comes to man management, they guy just is not equipped with the versatility to manage varying levels of character in the modern workplace. As well as being  tactically devoid of ideas (and nope I don't just mean making subs - most of these are planned beforehand).

Players are not exactly his biggest fan; that's slightly moot though because as PdC once said 'You don't have to love me, just follow me and together we will win' and whilst he was at Town that largely rang true. But in El Shezza, if you're going to be a bastard, you still have to be a "good" bastard and good at what you do.

Embarrassed laughing after a loss is never going to bring much understanding and cohesive feeling to the average fan; whilst I'm sure several can understand that the comments/reactions are fresh and in the moment, it can give a little context to quotes later used. Although claiming you don't call out individual players in defence to a relatively obvious question and then following that up with, 'I will tell players, you can hear me on the touchline...if I need to single them out...' isn't going to convince fans either. Especially when he has publicly singled out players previously too.

It is a shame that the penny will drop the hard way for some.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 13:48:45 »

I’ll be the first to admit I didn’t think Twine was ready this season and he’s proven me wrong and looks like he will have a good career.

This situation is what has annoyed me even more about the Curran farce, we don’t offer long term contracts even to a player with decent potential so will probably end up getting a minimal transfer fee, but yet out of nowhere Curran gets a 3 year deal.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #124 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 13:57:51 »

I’ll be the first to admit I didn’t think Twine was ready this season and he’s proven me wrong and looks like he will have a good career.

This situation is what has annoyed me even more about the Curran farce, we don’t offer long term contracts even to a player with decent potential so will probably end up getting a minimal transfer fee, but yet out of nowhere Curran gets a 3 year deal.
I agree, my only problem with Scott is that he is still too easily knocked or barged off the ball due to his lightweight build.

That was all too obvious yesterday when he was flattened several times but because he is lightweight he doesn't put up a struggle when challenged he is basically pushed flat, and in the refs eyes that is going to ground to easily, which in fairness to Twine he actually isn't making a meal of it, he is genuinely being fouled.

If Scott could build his strength a little more that he actually looks like he COULD stay on his feet and not go to ground the ref will give those fouls all day long.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 14:02:09 »

I agree, my only problem with Scott is that he is still too easily knocked or barged off the ball due to his lightweight build.

That was all too obvious yesterday when he was flattened several times but because he is lightweight he doesn't put up a struggle when challenged he is basically pushed flat, and in the refs eyes that is going to ground to easily, which in fairness to Twine he actually isn't making a meal of it, he is genuinely being fouled.

If Scott could build his strength a little more that he actually looks like he COULD stay on his feet and not go to ground the ref will give those fouls all day long.

To be fair a club focused on developing players will work on the strength side of things, that’s much easier to develop than teaching someone technical skills. We just seem to have a black hole between youth football and the first team where no development or focus.  Someone like Brentford would be ideal for him.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 14:04:27 »

But if that's your build, that's your build.  Gym work will add a little extra muscle, but it won't do anything to your frame.  We all bulk up a bit as we get older, and Scott T will as well.  But he's never going to be as big as many other players.  He'll adapt his game accordingly.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 14:05:31 »

I would agree whilst in L1 & L2 this would be the case but he's also done ok so far. Higher up the food chain that won't matter so much. As an attacking player in the Champ or Prem you only have to be capable of replicating a convincing "gate vault" to win any decision  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #128 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 14:07:02 »

To be fair a club focused on developing players will work on the strength side of things, that’s much easier to develop than teaching someone technical skills. We just seem to have a black hole between youth football and the first team where no development or focus.  Someone like Brentford would be ideal for him.
Absolutely, young footballers are often signed for their athletic ability above footballing ability.

We have seen that recently in Tyler Reid and Jordan Stevens, both incredible athletes and strong but neither have an ounce of even Scott Twines footballing ability.

The same was levelled at Billy Bodin when with us and hes turned into a decent career at Championship and even an appearance at international level.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 14:12:36 »

But if that's your build, that's your build.  Gym work will add a little extra muscle, but it won't do anything to your frame.  We all bulk up a bit as we get older, and Scott T will as well.  But he's never going to be as big as many other players.  He'll adapt his game accordingly.
No but they work on how to use your body and how to take advantage of you extra agility, all that comes with experience and someone with a good U23 set-up will likely have coaches able to work on exactly that.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 15:07:14 »

I think Rooney was the exception being so strong at 16/17 and getting into the Everton first team

So, give no fucks
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, January 18, 2021, 08:51:54 »

But if that's your build, that's your build.  Gym work will add a little extra muscle, but it won't do anything to your frame.  We all bulk up a bit as we get older, and Scott T will as well.  But he's never going to be as big as many other players.  He'll adapt his game accordingly.

This is simply not true.

Significant gym work will increase his bulk and strength massively. It would take a pretty long time mind and I don't really know if it's worth it for the type of player he is.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 18, 2021, 08:53:27 by Tails » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, January 18, 2021, 08:59:08 »

release the inner akinfenwa
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, January 18, 2021, 09:28:43 »

Maybe he could get in touch with Bryson Dechambeau's fitness coach?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, January 18, 2021, 10:04:20 »

The difference being of course, if the rumours are to be believed, that Curran's 3 year deal hasn't cost the club anything. Agree with your point in the main though
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: