Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Twine  (Read 19610 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 19:55:07 »

Bollocks to that. We should be doing everything we can to tie him down now. Wouldn’t trust the tribunal process as far as I can throw it

Things get better but they never get good
REDBUCK

« Reply #106 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 20:21:46 »

Picking him over the next few weeks might sway him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 20:39:22 »

FIFA changed the rules to allow players to register for 3 clubs this season, due to the potential for overlapping seasons with different seasons being extended etc but you can still only play for two clubs, unless the issue of overlapping seasons is a factor. From the EFL regs

Guidance

"Registration of Players - FIFA Article 5.3 - Three & Two Rule

In accordance with FIFA Regulations a Player may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play in official matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to different associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. "
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

So this would only apply to Twine if our season got extended into the summer and he moved to a club abroad where their new season was just starting while our extended season was still going
According to Alan Nixon, this rule has been "relaxed" but the changes have not been published.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 20:39:39 »

Bollocks to that. We should be doing everything we can to tie him down now. Wouldn’t trust the tribunal process as far as I can throw it
Exactly this.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 22:22:50 »

Of course, Town would love to tie him to a new 2+1 deal or something but the player (as previously stated before) has some power here. He doesn't have to sign a new deal. My point is that even if he doesn't Town won't be without a fee.

I would say not all tribunals are bad...here's one from a previous link I shared regarding U24s and would make similar reading for someone like Twine if he were not to sign a new contract. He's made a total of about 100 apps (inc development loans) to date and has about 1 goal in 4 for a AM;

"Aaron Cresswell had made 70 or so league appearances for Tranmere Rovers when, aged 21, he rejected a new long term contract offer.  He signed for the Championship club Ipswich Town on a three year contract.
The PFCC decided that Ipswich Town should pay Tranmere Rovers an initial compensation fee of £240,000.
An additional £45,000 was ordered in respect of the player making 15, 30, 45 and 60 appearances for Ipswich Town.
 An additional £100,000 was ordered should Ipswich Town achieve promotion to the Premier League in the next 3 seasons.
Tranmere Rovers are to receive 20% of any profit made by Ipswich Town in selling the player to another club at any point in the future."

Tranmere got
£240k initial
+
£45 @15apps
£45 @30apps
£45 @45apps
£45 @60apps
=
£420k
plus 20% when sold to West Spam 3yrs later.
@
£750k
=
£1.17m

That was in 2011, I wouldn't say it was terrible business. Even before the £750k windfall. He reached his 60 apps only a season and a half after the transfer. Would not be fussed if this went a similar route. Cresswell is a LB so at this current standing  Twine has got to be worth around £250k to Champ clubs at least.

I am not averse though that if he is sold in Jan, that Town could get more. Would be good to keep him though. My thinking is, would you rather keep him and he help us stay up and allow a reasonable tribunal pay for him in the summer or would you rather maybe get £100k more for him now and us potentially go down?*

*Appreciate that other variables are available.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
lovestfc

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 11:13:21 »

Nixon reckons he plays for Swindon - not for sale.

Nixon now saying Luton likely to make a bid in this transfer window.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 12:00:59 »

Reading, Luton, Bournemouth, QPR and Brentford all interested according to Nixon

Sell him to Brentford i say and get a nice sell on.

QPR will just be a favour to Les Ferdinand i suspect
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 12:32:35 »

Reading, Luton, Bournemouth, QPR and Brentford all interested according to Nixon

Sell him to Brentford i say and get a nice sell on.

QPR will just be a favour to Les Ferdinand i suspect

Brentford & Bournemouth would both be good clubs to join but would he get in their first team squads at the moment

So, give no fucks
Crackity Jones

« Reply #113 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 12:36:12 »

Big decision for Twine. Stay with us and get game time this season or jump to a championship club where that is less likely.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 12:45:33 »

Twine will go asap.  Works for both club and player.

Nothing to see here
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 12:54:00 »

What if they are offering him similar money and can't guarantee him a starting slot? that wouldn't work in his favour at all, what if they are offering a small amount up front and sell on clauses based upon appearances? that wouldn't really work for the club either.

Its all guesswork.

What if Scott wants to stay?

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 12:58:08 »

Nixon now saying Luton likely to make a bid in this transfer window.

Christ almighty... Nixon has not said Luton are likely to make a bid in this transfer window Doh

He's merely said that they are keen and that we're keen to hang on to him for as long as possible.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 13:02:51 »

You are right. Of course it's a given that this is all guesswork. I am not sure that many opinions on the TEF are informed by anything of substance or inside knowledge.

It has been said that the club is operating on a hand to mouth basis. If that's correct, some upfront cash is likely to be beneficial.

Does he want to stay? I have no idea.  Would moving on to a 'bigger' club be beneficial to him? I consider that it would be.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 13:08:06 »

You are right. Of course it's a given that this is all guesswork. I am not sure that many opinions on the TEF are informed by anything of substance or inside knowledge.

It has been said that the club is operating on a hand to mouth basis. If that's correct, some upfront cash is likely to be beneficial.

Does he want to stay? I have no idea.  Would moving on to a 'bigger' club be beneficial to him? I consider that it would be.

Ideal situation is we get a decent six figure sum with a big sell on and they loan him back for the rest of the season

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #119 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 13:10:54 »

Ideal situation is we get a decent six figure sum with a big sell on and they loan him back for the rest of the season
I agree with the first part but I doubt we would use a loan up getting him back for the rest of the season as we are actively after 2 loan strikers which probably means the rarely used Tyler Smith will go back. Otherwise we will be overloaded with loan players and only 5 able to be in the matchday squad.

More likely if he leaves he will sign back at Newport on loan until the end of the season than coming back to us I think.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: