Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Twine  (Read 19574 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 11:16:23 »

there is also a bit of assumption that twine has made it in league 1. He was very anonymous for much of the 90 mins but he took his time with passing and in general looked tidy.

If he hadn't have scored that goal and we lost then the reviews would be substantially different. I am potentially very excited for him and for us to have him but we know how quickly football can change.
I take it you didn't see the superb ball he played out to Thompson to help set up the first goal then?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 11:17:09 »

He was far from anonymous and kept possession very calmly and very well. Even without the goal I thought he played very well.

Of course we’ve seen plenty of players have one good performance and never do the business again.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 11:17:23 »

I think it was very split. Those of the opinion you posted and other suggesting because he had, had a good pre season and we were looking extremely short up front he was at least worth a chance - even if it was just for say August and we got him out on loan at the end of the window.

I think you’re right and I’m probably talking about my opinion at the time as much as anything.

My opinion was formed due to the “Dossevi” rule I adopt in pre season, I was convinced Twine was National League standard and I’m delighted that I am probably wrong about that
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #78 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 11:18:42 »

I take it you didn't see the superb ball he played out to Thompson to help set up the first goal then?
He did show great vision to see Thompson bombing down the wing in acres of space.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #79 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 11:19:48 »

I thought it was Matt Smith who played that ball when I watched it live. Absolute corker of a ball
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 12:06:45 »

Given players can play for 3 clubs this season, still a good chance of Power cashing in this month and Twine heading up to the Championship
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 12:08:24 »

Given players can play for 3 clubs this season, still a good chance of Power cashing in this month and Twine heading up to the Championship
Since when?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #82 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 12:09:53 »

I thought it was still 2 clubs per season.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 12:18:16 »

FIFA changed the rules to allow players to register for 3 clubs this season, due to the potential for overlapping seasons with different seasons being extended etc but you can still only play for two clubs, unless the issue of overlapping seasons is a factor. From the EFL regs

Guidance

"Registration of Players - FIFA Article 5.3 - Three & Two Rule

In accordance with FIFA Regulations a Player may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play in official matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to different associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. "
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

So this would only apply to Twine if our season got extended into the summer and he moved to a club abroad where their new season was just starting while our extended season was still going
« Last Edit: Monday, January 11, 2021, 12:20:48 by pauld » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #84 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 12:19:53 »

Interesting I hadn't read that, cheers Paul.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 12:21:34 »

Interesting I hadn't read that, cheers Paul.
I think "Interesting" might be stretching it a bit, but actually cheers to Boeta because I wasn't aware of it either until his post prompted me to check
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 13:28:00 »

Twine's movement off the ball was just as good off it. The reason he had so much space for his goal was that he'd made the space initially. You see him move earlier than anticipated towards Thompson. Basically he was letting him know "there's an opportunity to create something here, give me the ball". What is great is that from the way we've seen Thompson play he instantly recognised this.

The movement was kind of Gerard/Lampard esque, in it's intelligence. It caught the defence off guard, had the extra couple of yards and boom. He knew exactly that he could hit a "matchwinner". Not just any kind of player can do that. Intelligent play and I will easily watch that on loop until someone (or Twine) scores one similar/better for Town.

Could you have imagined the scenes had there been an away Town faithful? We need to cherish moments like this, as we all know for Town they really are quite a "spotters badge". Let's enjoy it rather than analyse whether Twine will now kick on or not. He'll be remembered forever for it now and backing him will only encourage him to keep doing so on the pitch.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 14:01:34 »

Ah ok, I saw Nixon tweet something about it earlier (not in reference to Twine). Thanks for clearing it up Paul
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 14:10:59 »

Has any player ever won goal of the season for 2 different Leagues ?

He scored a few corkers at Newport and I'm sure Sat's will be in the running also
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 23:25:20 »

Has any player ever won goal of the season for 2 different Leagues ?

He scored a few corkers at Newport and I'm sure Sat's will be in the running also

Strange you mention that. Depending on how things go...we could have a player to have a GoS in two different divisions and a manager to potentially have been the manager of two relegated sides from the same league in the same season  Eek

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: