Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Twine  (Read 19432 times)
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 10:29:22 »

With players we have in the squad is a core group of quality players that we could build upon into a promotion challenging squad next season. With Twine and DJ pushing in the middle and on the right, sign a similar exciting LW player and defences will be turned inside and out.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 10:31:58 »

Cheers but can’t watch that outside uk

https://twitter.com/QuestTV/status/1347987108833734657?s=20

Any better, or is it a Twitter issue?

Panda Paws

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 10:48:45 »

Either way he won't be free in the summer. We'll get a tribunal at least.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 11:45:41 »

Cheers but can’t watch that outside uk

https://www.trollfootball.me/videos/view/ipswich-town-1-2-swindon-town-scott-twine-67-great-goal

Hope this works Mex.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 16:24:02 »

Whatever way you look at this full credit to Scott Twine and he deserves both recognition and success.
Went to Newport and cast aside but he buckled down, gained confidence and believed in himself.
Nothing wrong in proving yourself, in the case proving to Wellens that he was worthy of a squad number. Clearly an asset to Newport, where Brian Flynn has supported him.
Let’s hope his heart can be directed to Swindon again and he becomes a valuable player to us.
I for one will never get tired of watching that strike and a tonic that every Swindon fan needed.
I wonder if Flynn switching him to play as an attacking midfielder rather than as a striker made a big difference too? Hopefully serves as an example to young players that sometimes they just need a bit more game time to develop, and to fans come to that as well. As Shrivvy Road says, lots of us had written him off last summer when all he really needed was a few months of regular 1st team football. Fair play to him for grabbing the opportunity with both hands.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 16:27:01 »

yup, Twine is doing well no thanks to most of us.

wherever his future lies, good luck to him. Hope it's with town for a bit. well I guess it has to be us or Newport this season
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 17:28:05 »

I think the Twine conundrum was summed up very well in the LSPOD my11 with Terry.

Those castigating Wellens for not knowing what he was doing by letting Twine go lout on loan, should really be praising him for getting him loan time at a league club, because that is the main reason that we have the opportunity with Scott Twine now that we now do.  The loan to a league team is the key point here and if he had been shipped out to Chippenham or even a National league side again we would likely have missed out on the opportunity to either extend his stay or cash in on an obvious asset.

Typically our youngsters go on loan to a non-league team or local club, and although it get's some of their wages off of the wage bill, it rarely gives us any benefit.  Even if they set the world on fire there, they rarely come back and are able to impact the first team because of the gulf in levels.  The fact that we managed to get a loan move for Twine to a league club is the thing that has transformed Twine, not only in terms of quality, but more importantly confidence and belief that he quite obviously has in himself now based on his performance at Ipswich.

I have seen numerous fans on the usual platforms saying "see, i said we should give Twine a run in the first team based on his pre-season, Wellens knows nothing" and there maybe some truth in that, but the reality is that over the past 2 or 3 seasons Twine has done well in pre-season, but has just not looked strong enough, confident enough or have a real belief in his own abilities to be able to dominate in the Swindon team.  He needed that move to a league club, out of his Swindon bubble, to stand on his own two feet, where nobody at the club had a preconception of his abilities based on 10 years as a youth, reserve and first team player, to show what he could do.  Scott knew it was his chance to prove any doubters at Swindon wrong and fair play to him he took it.

The reality was, at the start of the season, Twine was not going to break into our League 2 winning side and make the same impact that he was able to make at Newport.  This loan move needed to happen to allow him to express himself and make a player of himself.

I am one that was a big doubter for him coming back and being part of the team for the rest of the season.  Yes I wanted him recalled, yes I wanted him offered a new contract, but yes I wanted him to go back to Newport and finish the season with them, continue to grow his stock and hopefully get a promotion under his belt and come back and really push on next season with us.

The player I saw last night changed my mind on that, not because of that goal, not because of his decent build up play for the first goal or quality cross field passes, but because of his composure and confidence on the ball, lack of panic and distribution of short passes when under pressure - this said to me that he has grown up and found his feet at this level and can go on to a higher level.

I know that is a lot of words and is a bit Bamboo, but every time I see a "Wellens didn't know what he was doing" or a "those that didn't think Twine should be recalled can fuck off" tweets etc. it gets me wanting to respond.  So I thought I would just put my thoughts down on here..

You can continue with your day now, my thoughts are set free..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 17:36:21 »

I think the Twine conundrum was summed up very well in the LSPOD my11 with Terry.

Those castigating Wellens for not knowing what he was doing by letting Twine go lout on loan, should really be praising him for getting him loan time at a league club, because that is the main reason that we have the opportunity with Scott Twine now that we now do.  The loan to a league team is the key point here and if he had been shipped out to Chippenham or even a National league side again we would likely have missed out on the opportunity to either extend his stay or cash in on an obvious asset.

Typically our youngsters go on loan to a non-league team or local club, and although it get's some of their wages off of the wage bill, it rarely gives us any benefit.  Even if they set the world on fire there, they rarely come back and are able to impact the first team because of the gulf in levels.  The fact that we managed to get a loan move for Twine to a league club is the thing that has transformed Twine, not only in terms of quality, but more importantly confidence and belief that he quite obviously has in himself now based on his performance at Ipswich.

I have seen numerous fans on the usual platforms saying "see, i said we should give Twine a run in the first team based on his pre-season, Wellens knows nothing" and there maybe some truth in that, but the reality is that over the past 2 or 3 seasons Twine has done well in pre-season, but has just not looked strong enough, confident enough or have a real belief in his own abilities to be able to dominate in the Swindon team.  He needed that move to a league club, out of his Swindon bubble, to stand on his own two feet, where nobody at the club had a preconception of his abilities based on 10 years as a youth, reserve and first team player, to show what he could do.  Scott knew it was his chance to prove any doubters at Swindon wrong and fair play to him he took it.

The reality was, at the start of the season, Twine was not going to break into our League 2 winning side and make the same impact that he was able to make at Newport.  This loan move needed to happen to allow him to express himself and make a player of himself.

I am one that was a big doubter for him coming back and being part of the team for the rest of the season.  Yes I wanted him recalled, yes I wanted him offered a new contract, but yes I wanted him to go back to Newport and finish the season with them, continue to grow his stock and hopefully get a promotion under his belt and come back and really push on next season with us.

The player I saw last night changed my mind on that, not because of that goal, not because of his decent build up play for the first goal or quality cross field passes, but because of his composure and confidence on the ball, lack of panic and distribution of short passes when under pressure - this said to me that he has grown up and found his feet at this level and can go on to a higher level.

I know that is a lot of words and is a bit Bamboo, but every time I see a "Wellens didn't know what he was doing" or a "those that didn't think Twine should be recalled can fuck off" tweets etc. it gets me wanting to respond.  So I thought I would just put my thoughts down on here..

You can continue with your day now, my thoughts are set free..

I think we need to see how he performs over the next few games. He isn't going to get a wonder goal every game. But, what I saw yesterday wasn't too much different to what I saw in pre-season.

If he can have a similar impact in the next few games then we may well have a player on our hands - I really hope that we have!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 17:40:23 »

He was shipped out and another manager knew what to do with him and where/how to play him.

No kudos for Wellens there. Ditto Palmer.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 17:47:53 »

He was shipped out and another manager knew what to do with him and where/how to play him.

No kudos for Wellens there. Ditto Palmer.

Reading between the lines Wellens had fallen out with Palmer and he didn't think Twine was strong enough for league one

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 17:56:55 »

Reading between the lines Wellens had fallen out with Palmer and he didn't think Twine was strong enough for league one

I think Wellens had fallen out with a few to be honest
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 17:59:15 »

Wellens publically came out and said in a pre match interviewback in September that we sent Twine to Newport because although he has high levels of talent he was not physically strong enough for our first team yet hence the loan to Newport.

Palmer he said he was very disappointed with his training levels and his overall attitude and expected more and better from such an experience professional, hence his loan to Wigan.

Thats an under statement!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 18:04:01 »

Yes I think that may have been the case

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 18:05:52 »

Wellens publically came out and said in a pre match interviewback in September that we sent Twine to Newport because although he has high levels of talent he was not physically strong enough for our first team yet hence the loan to Newport.

Palmer he said he was very disappointed with his training levels and his overall attitude and expected more and better from such an experience professional, hence his loan to Wigan.
Thats an under statement!

Wellens certainly came across as a bit of s hot head JJ on & off the pitch and down the tunnel😁

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 20:34:15 »

Those castigating Wellens for not knowing what he was doing by letting Twine go lout on loan, should really be praising him for getting him loan time at a league club, because that is the main reason that we have the opportunity with Scott Twine now that we now do.  The loan to a league team is the key point here and if he had been shipped out to Chippenham or even a National league side again we would likely have missed out on the opportunity to either extend his stay or cash in on an obvious asset.

Typically our youngsters go on loan to a non-league team or local club, and although it get's some of their wages off of the wage bill, it rarely gives us any benefit.  Even if they set the world on fire there, they rarely come back and are able to impact the first team because of the gulf in levels.  The fact that we managed to get a loan move for Twine to a league club is the thing that has transformed Twine, not only in terms of quality, but more importantly confidence and belief that he quite obviously has in himself now based on his performance at Ipswich.
Agree with your first para (although whether that was genius or luck on Wellens' part, we'll never know, but someone at the club take credit for ensuring the loan was to a league side) but slightly disagree with the second. The loan move to a non-league side can be a vital step in the progression to the second loan to a Conference/L2 club which then sees a player ready to go into our 1st team. It's a big step from U18s football to men's football, never mind professional football, and if Twine had initially been loaned to a Conference/L2 side straight away, he might not have had the success he did at Newport without that first loan to Chippenham to get him used to playing men's football first
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: