Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Twine  (Read 19437 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 08:35:33 »

Stolen from Twitter nowt to do with me.

I mean it was close...
17.00,   time of bet or 17-1 ??. Weird. Get on the phone. Looked outside the box to me (only  just) !!!! How can anyone deny that bet ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 08:40:45 »

What club would buy him now, unable to play him this season when they could get him for free in June?

Non starter scenario
No one will get him for free in the summer as he is under 24. Infact the recent press and the spotlight he seems to be under may be enough for a club to want to avoid a tribunal in the summer when you consider how desperate clubs are for cash. I am sure many clubs will see him as a good option for next year and to leave him with us on loan
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 08:51:37 »

Think he could sign a pre contract now he only has 6 months left.

Tbh, what on earth would persuade him to stay with us?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 08:57:11 »

Well if deemed not being good enough for us in L1 and being sent on loan to L2 has taught him anything - it’s that he needs to be playing regular football for his development.

Even if he just signed a one year extension and went this time next year he’d probably be a better player for it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 09:00:27 »

I think you mean ‘not good enough for Wellens’
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 09:18:01 »

Only with foreign clubs. English clubs would have to wait until June to offer a contract.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 09:19:42 »

Whatever way you look at this full credit to Scott Twine and he deserves both recognition and success.
Went to Newport and cast aside but he buckled down, gained confidence and believed in himself.
Nothing wrong in proving yourself, in the case proving to Wellens that he was worthy of a squad number. Clearly an asset to Newport, where Brian Flynn has supported him.
Let’s hope his heart can be directed to Swindon again and he becomes a valuable player to us.
I for one will never get tired of watching that strike and a tonic that every Swindon fan needed.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 09:27:30 »

Anyone got a clip of his goal? I want to download it and send it to “a friend”
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 09:28:50 »

https://twitter.com/SoccerAM/status/1347994538531500032
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 09:38:16 »

He can but still be here for 6 months and we will still get a fee wherever he goes
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 09:42:10 »

Whatever way you look at this full credit to Scott Twine and he deserves both recognition and success.
Went to Newport and cast aside but he buckled down, gained confidence and believed in himself.
Nothing wrong in proving yourself, in the case proving to Wellens that he was worthy of a squad number. Clearly an asset to Newport, where Brian Flynn has supported him.
Let’s hope his heart can be directed to Swindon again and he becomes a valuable player to us.
I for one will never get tired of watching that strike and a tonic that every Swindon fan needed.
Agree, I wasn't sure about him, to be honest, and if we had got rid in the summer I would not have been bothered at all and I think being honest not many really would. What I was more impressed with was his work rate and his use of the ball, he looks technically a much better player already than I have seen in previous years of him. It would be great if he stayed i just can't see it apart from the loan back i mentioned as i think unfortunately many clubs will not be in a position to refuse quick cash injections
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 10:09:20 »

I imagine Twines agent has either had to turn his phone off or been up all night listening to offers
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 10:14:16 »

Cheers but can’t watch that outside uk
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 10:15:14 »

Agree, I wasn't sure about him, to be honest, and if we had got rid in the summer I would not have been bothered at all and I think being honest not many really would. What I was more impressed with was his work rate and his use of the ball, he looks technically a much better player already than I have seen in previous years of him. It would be great if he stayed i just can't see it apart from the loan back i mentioned as i think unfortunately many clubs will not be in a position to refuse quick cash injections

Yep, just a case of whether Twine would rather play here or sit on the bench / player u23 football for a Championship club because I can’t imagine any of them would buy him to go straight into their XI.

Obviously it’s his career and he needs to maximise his earnings and I understand that. Also might be a case of strike whilst the iron is hot because he’s not going to have many opportunities to score bangers on national tv

For Twine, I think the best solution would be to sign a 1 year extension here. Play regularly for us and either go in the summer or even next January.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 10:18:50 »

I would like him to sign another contract here so that the club can capitalise further if/when he moves on. Hopefully that will be a win/win with the club and player (who after all is a Swindon youth and fan).

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: