Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Twine  (Read 19436 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 18:29:30 »

Good piece on him here.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11751/12140244/scott-twine-interview-newport-midfielder-on-loans-regular-playing-time-and-enjoying-football-more-than-ever
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 11:51:11 »

Probably worth putting him straight into the team for Saturday. Nothing to lose.

Clearly a player in form, who knows, could be the one to get the goals & assists that will keep us in the division.
Plus the "shop window" opportunity in font of an expectant TV audience of 10's if not 100's.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 11:53:01 »

Probably worth putting him straight into the team for Saturday. Nothing to lose.

Clearly a player in form, who knows, could be the one to get the goals & assists that will keep us in the division.
Plus the "shop window" opportunity in font of an expectant TV audience of 10's if not 100's.

You're right Bob throw him in at the deep end as he can't do any worse than the players on display against Franchise

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 12:03:21 »

He won't be a Swindon player by Saturday, he will be a perm signing for Newport and playing in the FA cup 3rd round against Brighton on Sunday as Newport get a nice wedge yet again for the cup run that will easily pay for his transfer fee.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 13:05:30 »

Does he want to come back here though ? he's getting regular football and is seen as an important player in their team, comes back here he has got to try and fit into our style and hope for regular football, not sure our current, non footballing style will suit his game.

With rumours of Newport wanting to buy him, he needs to do what is best for his career, and signing for Newport with a good chance of promotion and getting himself noticed at the same time would be better for his career than coming back here.

He may have been recalled but that will push clubs to put an offer in for him, and hopefully stfc have the foresight to include a decent sized sell on clause.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 13:41:38 »

Well, he’s definitely been recalled.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 13:42:06 »

Hes back at Swindon training with the first team today.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 13:53:22 »

Nixon reckons he plays for Swindon - not for sale.
Panda Paws

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 13:56:34 »

Selling him for peanuts to the taffs makes no sense.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 14:01:12 »

I'm sure he'd rather be a regular in our team than Newports. Show the same form he has done already and he'll get his chance to play at a much higher level.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 16:26:33 »

I'm sure he'd rather be a regular in our team than Newports. Show the same form he has done already and he'll get his chance to play at a much higher level.

Newport have started to play football this season rather than hoofball - will Twine fit in a Sheridan direct team
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 19:03:11 »

As I said previously. Take a look at him during January. If he continues to impress then keep him here. If not look at options on the table.

I still think if we were to let Newport buy him, then a swap for King to me seems not out the question. A nice bargaining chip. Basically if Newport rate him that much, they'll either pay or agree a swap is good for all parties.

In other news, can we lump this new Twine thread into the existing one(s) at all?  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 19:07:21 »

Who the fuck is King?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 19:10:39 »

He’s their keeper