Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Lincoln pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20573 times)
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 21:04:18 »

Every defence has the odd aberration in a game but with us, apart from a couple of games, it seems to cause us to concede and then be on the back foot chasing the game. As we do not have that forward who can find the net every two to three games and the ones we do have not chipping in too well then it makes it all very difficult to win a game. Hopefully the missing players coming back will make us a better all round outfit but it does appear we are in for a long hard remainder of the season.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
REDBUCK

« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 21:07:46 »

I've seen a few (mostly elsewhere) bemoaning our lack of creativity. But we were playing the team with the best defence in the league.

We also got in some good positions, baldry chance aside, but seem to not make anything of them.

Mostly J grant who was way below par.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 21:08:21 »

Have to agree, reluctantly. Griemink, Glass are amongst the poorest “first choice” - they gave you a sense of constant unease, but even they didn’t have this many obvious errors in them. Talia, Hammond, the poor version of Rhys Evans, Phil Smith - very average keepers, but considerable upgrades on what we have now.

Would take every one of those before the 2 we have now and chuck in Scott Endersby as well.
The individual mistakes that have led to goals conceded this season is criminal.
Surely the Manager will deal with this. He has to as it cannot continue every game.

Definitely seeing us play less football and going a little more direct under Sheridan.
Equally looking to scrap for the odd points, but then lose due to costly keeper errors.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 21:11:40 »

I think Sheridan got mixed up on Pitman 6 weeks. I think it's Jonny Smith who is out for 6 weeks and Pitman possibly just a knock.

Still can't believe how negative several are being. Yes Town management likely know the issues right now, yet they can't change that right now either. Considering all that I think we have started to play more like a team that can compete.

We expected to lose tonight and a narrow loss is representative of it.

Plus some of you cunts are conveniently still ignoring that the ball should never have been near Kovar for that one. Outfield players could and should have cleared that beforehand. Sorry, I know he's not ready as a no.1, I banged on about it previously but I'm not isolating Kovar alone for this tonight. Others were culpable too.

I was pretty happy with how we played for probably 95.5mins out of 96 mins (we didn't concede a goal for 210mins).

Fuck off negative nancys, lots to take and go forward with. We'll be top...16 by April

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 21:11:41 »

All those names are streets ahead of Lanzano, Charles-Cook, Moore and Belford(s), but even they are above our current choice.

A bit dispiriting that all the worst keepers I can remember have been in the last decade.

It's just not fair on a kid.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 21:18:17 »

Kovar: 5/10. Saved one straight at him in 1st half. Claimed 1 ball in the air. Fumbled 1 shot. Missed a punch. Don't think he had anything else to do.
Stevens: 6/10. Bright in first half. Tired
Baudry: 6/10. Solid enough. Missed the only chance of the game.
Broadbent: 7/10. Hoddlesque at time. Solid in defence
Odimayo: 6/10 Defended well. Had a couple of lucky bounces
Donahue: 6/10. Defended well. Closed down well. Wasted a free kick
Grant: 6/10 Solid defensively
Caddis: 7/10. Excellent in first half. Tired in second
J Grant: 4/10 Offered little. Spent the whole 1st half turning onto his right foot and not using his left. Would have had a 3 had he not improved in the second half. Tried to cross a couple with left in the second.
M Smith 6/10 Pressed hard in first half. Tired, but booking made him more conservative.
H Hope: 5/10 Controlled nothing that went near him
Payne: Not on long enough to contribute

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 21:25:44 »

Broadbent:
- Really frustrating
- Feel deflated
- Team worked hard
- To concede like we did is frustrating
- Played well apart from that and need to take it into the next game
- If we can cut out the mistakes we will do well
- Pleased with own performance. Tried to keep it simple
- Disappointed not to get a clean sheet
- Not 100% sharp yet but felt good tonight
- Hopes for an extended run in the team. Hope he is in Sheridan's thoughts for saturday
- Doing his best and giving 100%
- Manager is trying to make us stronger defensively and hard to beat
- Oxford will feel different even with no fans. Will do our best.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 21:27:18 »

P.S. Only posting post match as I can't stand 'I'm a Celebrity....' which the rest of the family are watching.

welshred

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 21:31:10 »

Bit harsh on Matt Smith, thought he was excellent again tonight.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 21:42:37 »

Bit harsh on Matt Smith, thought he was excellent again tonight.

Would be concerning if we lost him for a few games.
Head and shoulders above anything else we have.
Hopeful to have 2 more available Saturday.
Hunk

« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 21:51:18 »

From a purely human pov, must be horrible to be Kovar right now. He's obviously trying his best and these persistent fuck ups must be tough to take. But he's been given enough time now and he's clearly not good enough at this stage. Surely a punt on the free agent market is worthwhile, whatever the free agent market situation looks like. Glad to hear Broadband had a good game. His time for a regular berth in the starting lineup has come
adje

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 21:53:52 »

Can't remember as much trepidation before an POxford game.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 21:58:21 »

Can't remember as much trepidation before an POxford game.

Not from me, we'll smash 'em!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 22:04:23 »

Kovar is this years scapegoat and although that status is probably deserved, he’s a young lad who seems out of his depth with zero league experience before this season. Problem is, our 2nd choice keeper is even worse from what I’ve seen. A young keeper finding his feet in a struggling side with a poor defence is unlikely to ever end well. He’s also had to deal with some clowns in front of him who have made just as many collective mistakes - Baudry and Grounds have made plenty of mistakes this season - both seasoned pros - yet I haven’t seen them get the dogs abuse that Kovar gets every week. That Baudry miss at the end was a shocker and he should have bailed Kovar out with that late free header from 5 yards out.

Now I’m not comparing Kovar to Digby as Fraser was class and a Town legend, but there are some similarities - young lad from Man U, first major spell in league senior football and playing in the 3rd tier - that’s pretty much where the comparison ends, but what Digby had, apart from the obvious greater keeping ability, was a very good team in front of him which makes life a lot easier for a keeper learning his trade, including probably our best defender in the last 40 years at the Town in Colin Calderwood - stick a Calderwood in front of Kovar and maybe he’d do a little better as none of the current crop of defenders will get anywhere near the career Calderwood had.

Of course all of this could be bollocks and Kovar might just be shit!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 22:08:50 »

I have no idea, kovar could be brilliant in time. Tom Heaton was useless for us and he's had a great career.

it's just the present day I'm concerned with egg l though.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: