Hope - 0 (0%)
Pitman - 2 (3.4%)
Stevens - 1 (1.7%)
J Grant - 0 (0%)
Broadbent - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 52

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon T vs Bristol R MoM  (Read 4893 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 16:44:36 »

Hopefully a bit of perspective will be restored on the TEF after that. Not pretty, but several players put in a proper shift, admittedly against limited opposition.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Panda Paws

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 16:46:23 »

Donohue just edges it for me, but plenty deserve credit, particularly Baudry and Kovar for their bouncebackability.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 16:47:11 »

Donohue. 1 blip almost very costly with header off the post. however it didnt go in so he can have it
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 16:48:03 »

Matt Smith was excellent as ever. Grant and Kovar played their best games of the season, despite the former pretty clearly carrying an injury from the first half on. But going Donohue, solid and read the game really well.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 16:48:23 »

Odimayo or Donahue
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 16:54:52 »

Matt Smith was excellent as ever. Grant and Kovar played their best games of the season, despite the former pretty clearly carrying an injury from the first half on. But going Donohue, solid and read the game really well.

The grant "injury" looked extremely suspect to me at the time. I have a feeling he thought it might be given against him and he played the victim to ensure there was no doubt for the ref. he went from leg break hand waving to back on within 2 mins.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 17:04:16 »

Odimayo for me.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 17:04:55 »

Either of the full backs for me, would plump for odimayo slightly

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 17:09:23 »

Donohue for me, hardly put a foot wrong all game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 17:13:14 »

Voted Baudry, thought he made a massive difference at the back. Agree that Odimayo and Donohue had good games though
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 17:27:09 »

One swallow and all that (as even Tommy Wright alluded to)...

I would give it to Grant today for the absolutely beautiful shithousery in his "injury". Classic Grant and he was more the player we saw last season.
6.5/10

Donohue was also the player we have seen and been believed to have. Solid from him and exactly what you want from a defender.
8/10

Odimayo gets a mention as he really is a useful utility defensive player, makes it difficult for Hunt or even Caddis to push back in if we continue with Old mayo at FB.
7/10

Kovar will take some confidence from that but it could have all been thrown in the bin at the death. Sometimes you need a spot of luck and I'm happy he can claim a clean sheet today.
6/10

Baudry was also mirrored in the "player being the player we know" category. Level heads and basic motor skills returning again.
6.5/10

Pitman of course gets credit for the goal but put anyone there today and they should score. Again in similarity to Kovar - happy that a poorly playing player managed to do what they are employed to do.
7/10

Hope was not at his best today but I still think he is a useful squad player and will get us a handy number of goals during the season; possibly important ones too.
5/10

Jonny Smith, similarly not at his best but must be rather fatigued and carrying a knock so a bit harsh to dismiss on ability. We know what he can do and is very keen to do well. The added composure will come.
5/10

Payne, didn't play badly and was useful in a central three but was also rather anonymous.
5/10

Grounds needed that yellow. Enforced but needs taking out and subsequently will now. A poor game from him.
3/10

Matt Smith, I think he claims it again this week. Delivered a quality free kick when it mattered but he does a lot of basic stuff well. Great tackler and generally great awareness. I love this player and I am bias but he has bags of talent and ability. Keep serving up free kicks like that and we will score nearly every week. Matt Smith is my TEF MoM.
8.5/10

Subs:
Stevens - Not hugely effective as mentioned, the lad can run but it's like we have an upgraded version of Alan O'brien but at least Stevens doesn't have hamstrings made of brandy snaps. A player you hope upon compounded hope that he delivers for you but never does. Athlete he certainly is but not really the quality player that Wellens gave us the hard sell.
4.5/10

Joel Grant - Came in and did ok but not massively impactful. Very similar to the rather anonymous Payne.
5/10

Broadbean - Not enough time to make much fuss but with the Grounds omission next match, he must be relishing a chance to start on Tuesday. One good training session away from been selected but still a long way to go.
No Rating
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 17:32:30 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 17:31:19 »

Odimayo was defensively sound which i suppose is and was his main job today. but he offers zero going forward compared to the likes of caddis. every pass is backwards.

in a 1 nil win its perfect, if rovers had scored it would have proved a weakness. more observation than criticism as it may well have been his instructions for today
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 17:51:20 »

Donahue for me, although Matt Smith, Beaudry and Odimayo also did well.
REDBUCK

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 18:03:59 »

Odimayo was defensively sound which i suppose is and was his main job today. but he offers zero going forward compared to the likes of caddis. every pass is backwards.

in a 1 nil win its perfect, if rovers had scored it would have proved a weakness. more observation than criticism as it may well have been his instructions for today

So all that getting forward to suppport Smith, a
a couple of runs into the box and even a shot or two went unnoticed by you then???

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 18:10:26 »

Donahue today. Honorable mention to Grant.

Lets not forget that Pitman did his job - scored the only goal in a 1 nil win (from an M Smith cross)

Agree that Baudry didn't take any chances today and didn't make any mistakes.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: