Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anthony Nolan Trust - Fundraising - CP&AN 10 For 10 - It's Just For Charidee!  (Read 1461 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 23:37:45 »

Hey all,

I appreciate it is a tough time for a lot of people and helping out charity to those less fortunate than several of us might be a bit more pushed to the back of the mind at the moment.

However, one of my incredible sisters has been raising money for the Anthony Nolan trust via the company she is partner of. Along with many other colleagues, my other sisters and also yours truly.

She's completed 10k for 10 days and I joined her via Zoom to participate with her virtually. The twist was, each day she was wearing fancy dress. On the day I joined her she was a T-Rex and I was a Lion. I continued the fundraising effort into the evening where I did my usual live poetry slot. Yep, Bamboo was dressed as a Lion whilst performing his spoken word for the evening.

The Anthony Nolan Trust, for those that don't know help enable people with blood cancer to survive by finding stem cell donors and matches. An extraordinary and awesome charity. My sister's company have them as Charity of the Year and are looking to raise £10k by the year end. They're well on their way to their target and already at £4k in a month.

If you want to donate head to https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/cpandan10for10

If you want to watch me perform spoken word (maybe just for the pure enjoyment of being able to point and laugh) you can watch here https://www.facebook.com/AwayWithWordOpenMic/videos/364527801284241/ (no FB account needed, open for anyone to view).
I appear from 1hr 9mins 30secs but if poetry or spoken word is your thing, there really are people much more talented than I, so worth a watch from the beginning.

Any donations would be incredible but it doesn't stop there - if you can't afford to donate I would highly recommend anyone on here 16-30 joining the Anthony Nolan Stem Cell Donor Register. It's really easy and you can register online, they'll send you a swab pack with instructions - pop it back in the SAE and send it off Smiley Obviously a lot on here are older than 30 so encouraging your older kids, grandkids etc would be great and they could potentially help save a lot of lives. https://www.anthonynolan.org/8-ways-you-could-save-life/donate-your-stem-cells

If you made it this far, it's really appreciated.

Cheers,
Bamboo Smiley
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 20:05:01 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 08:25:43 »

It might help if the thread title let people know what this is actually about.

(From somebody whose job it is to know about creating written content)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 14:51:23 »

It might help if the thread title let people know what this is actually about.

(From somebody whose job it is to know about creating written content)

Apologies, I missed this and it was bumped off the landing page.

Yes, you are correct of course but I do mention the charity on the second sentence/paragraph. I can't change the thread title permanently though so I feel like many do about Twitter not having an edit button, after making an error  Crash

I know I can adapt it for the individual comment reply but it then reverts back to the original  I think?!

Thanks though FH

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: