Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bristol Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 39287 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #450 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 20:28:39 »

Would you take a defeat against Lincoln if we beat the piss stains😃

Yep. 3 points from the next two games would be good.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 20:59:04 »

Quote from: Jimmy Quinn
Would you take a defeat against Lincoln if we beat the piss stains😃

yup
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 21:05:39 »

yup

Same here!

So, give no fucks
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 23:13:42 »

A poor quality game, between 2 teams lacking confidence with both playing a far more cautious style than normal due to a desparation to get a positive result. Fortunately we got the 3 points and finally had some luck on our side with their keepers error leading to a goal and ours not.

Main positives :
Firstly 3 points and a clean sheet
Donahue's excellent performance at left back
Grant and Baudry both putting in decent performances, near to last years form
A narrower midfield 3 giving more support to the defence
Kovar's performance - particularly the save low down to his right - until the flap at the end

Negatives:
Grounds looks a bag of nerves for somebody so experienced and his 5th yellow may prove a blessing
With Caddis absent, our link up play down the right was virtually non existent, but in mitigation Odimayo didnt let us down defensively, until one daft flick in our area which could have led to a goal
Pitman still largely off the pace and him and Hope both looking to lack quality and ideas. Their shooting was woeful, as was Payne's.
Our determination not to concede naturally led to a reduction in creativity overall, but I guess needs must at present

On to Lincoln and that will likely be an altogether stronger test, against a side chasing promotion. Wouldnt expect too many changes, although with Grounds suspended and J Smith injured, there will be at least two, with Broadbent and Stevens the most likely replacements.

Think we desperately miss Fryers as left central defender and Lyden as defensive mid and those 2 coming back, maybe in time for Oxford (please) would be a real bonus for the team. DJ also, particularly with J Smith's injury. I would love to see a starting 11 against Oxford as follows: Kovar, Caddis, Baudry, Fryers, Donahue, A Grant, Lyden, M Smith, DJ, J Grant and Stevens. That gives us extra midfield cover with plenty of pace and creativity on the break, with J Grant or Stevens playing through the middle. Cant see Pitman being able to play 3 games in a week anyway and prefer J Grant to Hope. If DJ isnt fit, then stick with Payne, who for me has flattered to deceive with little end product.

Having said that, I will take a hard to beat rather than free flowing football STFC for the next couple of games, if it means we can avoid defeat against Lincoln and Oxford.

Looking further ahead I can see 3 teams - Wigan, Burton and Shrewsbury - already looking like they may get cut adrift at the bottom. In which case we would only have to be better than one of Oxford, Northampton, Rochdale, Rovers, Franchise, Gillingham and Crewe. So it's crucial that we pick up points against these fellow strugglers. We've done OK in that respect so far with 3 wins - Burton, Rochdale and Rovers - and a draw against Shrewsbury, with only the 1 defeat against Northampton. In we are going to win one of the next 2 games, please let it be Oxford!!!

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 00:16:32 »

Great to nick a 1-0. Clean sheet and a goal for your centre forward is what dreams are made of when you're struggling no matter how poor the opposition.

Tuesday will be tough against Lincoln. They should be a different proposition than the brute force side under the Cowley's that we faced in League Two.

Looking forward, hopefully Oxford get a proper going over at Pompey leading up to Saturday and we get some more bodies available over the next week. Real shame to lose Jonny Smith. Hopefully positive news comes from his scan.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 00:34:47 »

They have some pretty deluded fans, are they stuck in a Bristol B club bubble? Spout on like they are world beaters. I must have missed their champions league exploits.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 00:39:04 by 4D » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 08:08:47 »

They have some pretty deluded fans, are they stuck in a Bristol B club bubble? Spout on like they are world beaters. I must have missed their champions league exploits.

There is often a clear divergence between perception and reality and I don’t think that North Bristol FC are really any different from most other lower league clubs.

Nothing to see here
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 08:15:24 »

A poor quality game, between 2 teams lacking confidence with both playing a far more cautious style than normal due to a desparation to get a positive result. Fortunately we got the 3 points and finally had some luck on our side with their keepers error leading to a goal and ours not.

Main positives :
Firstly 3 points and a clean sheet
Donahue's excellent performance at left back
Grant and Baudry both putting in decent performances, near to last years form
A narrower midfield 3 giving more support to the defence
Kovar's performance - particularly the save low down to his right - until the flap at the end

Negatives:
Grounds looks a bag of nerves for somebody so experienced and his 5th yellow may prove a blessing
With Caddis absent, our link up play down the right was virtually non existent, but in mitigation Odimayo didnt let us down defensively, until one daft flick in our area which could have led to a goal
Pitman still largely off the pace and him and Hope both looking to lack quality and ideas. Their shooting was woeful, as was Payne's.
Our determination not to concede naturally led to a reduction in creativity overall, but I guess needs must at present

On to Lincoln and that will likely be an altogether stronger test, against a side chasing promotion. Wouldnt expect too many changes, although with Grounds suspended and J Smith injured, there will be at least two, with Broadbent and Stevens the most likely replacements.

Think we desperately miss Fryers as left central defender and Lyden as defensive mid and those 2 coming back, maybe in time for Oxford (please) would be a real bonus for the team. DJ also, particularly with J Smith's injury. I would love to see a starting 11 against Oxford as follows: Kovar, Caddis, Baudry, Fryers, Donahue, A Grant, Lyden, M Smith, DJ, J Grant and Stevens. That gives us extra midfield cover with plenty of pace and creativity on the break, with J Grant or Stevens playing through the middle. Cant see Pitman being able to play 3 games in a week anyway and prefer J Grant to Hope. If DJ isnt fit, then stick with Payne, who for me has flattered to deceive with little end product.

Having said that, I will take a hard to beat rather than free flowing football STFC for the next couple of games, if it means we can avoid defeat against Lincoln and Oxford.

Looking further ahead I can see 3 teams - Wigan, Burton and Shrewsbury - already looking like they may get cut adrift at the bottom. In which case we would only have to be better than one of Oxford, Northampton, Rochdale, Rovers, Franchise, Gillingham and Crewe. So it's crucial that we pick up points against these fellow strugglers. We've done OK in that respect so far with 3 wins - Burton, Rochdale and Rovers - and a draw against Shrewsbury, with only the 1 defeat against Northampton. In we are going to win one of the next 2 games, please let it be Oxford!!

Excellent post.

For what it’s worth, the XG table suggests MK are in a false position: https://twitter.com/experimental361/status/1330400113819316225?s=21

However agree with your point, that if we can get injured players back there is a far chance of at least 6/7 teams (Wigan, burton, shrews, rovers, Northampton, Rochdale, gillingham) being worse than us
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 08:45:07 »

Main positives...

Enjoyed that summary.  Thanks for posting.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 08:51:30 »

Good morning all. We won. Don't care about the performance. Keep it tight for Tuesday and then win Saturday with a ricochet from our only shot in the 99th minute.  Cheesy
Of course it won't count as a win.....

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #460 on: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 10:42:15 »

Get a draw on Tuesday or at absolute worst a very narrow loss as long as we beat the Pox on Saturday.

Although their fans will get the excuses in already, say it doesn't matter as its not a game played under proper match conditions. Just like the last win in the Checkatrade Trophy, not a real competition, was only on pens...blah blah blah.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 10:46:58 »

Get a draw on Tuesday or at absolute worst a very narrow loss as long as we beat the Pox on Saturday.

Although their fans will get the excuses in already, say it doesn't matter as its not a game played under proper match conditions. Just like the last win in the Checkatrade Trophy, not a real competition, was only on pens...blah blah blah.

Who's the Pox main threat JJ as I can't be bothered to go on their forum as all you will read is their obsession with "scum" no debate just horrible content

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #462 on: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 10:49:54 »

Who's the Pox main threat JJ as I can't be bothered to go on their forum as all you will read is their obsession with "scum" no debate just horrible content
Matty Taylor the ex Shitty striker has 4 goals for them so far. They are sat right below us in the table in 19th place 1 point behind with a game in hand.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 10:50:55 »

Matty Taylor the ex Shitty striker has 4 goals for them so far. They are sat right below us in the table in 19th place 1 point behind with a game in hand.

I forgot about Taylor he's still a threat and slightly more mobile than Pitman

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 10:53:16 »

A clean sheet. Bliss.

So, Brett Pitman.
Just had a look at the compilation of his goals for Pompey on YouTube.
Three of the 42 were from outside the area and the majority looked to be finishes from inside the 6 yard box.
Some good headed finishes and I guess that he'll be the penalty taker when we eventually start getting some.
He looks to know what he is doing.

Get him fit(ter), get balls into the box, don't worry too much about the contribution in general play and he'll score the goals I'm sure.
Feed the PPP and he will score.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: