Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bristol Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 39273 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 08:58:00 »

We’ve had our dead cat bounce. I’m trying to convince myself nothing can be as bad as Tuesday evening, but I can’t see any logical reason why we won’t get more of the same.

Trying to muster a small dab of optimism, one thing that still baffles me after 30 yrs of following this club is the way we seem able to turn out insanely different performances just days apart, with the same team, for no discernable reason.  Consistently inconsistent.  'Past performance is no guarantee of future results.'  You usually see that in adverts for investment products, but it could be equally applied to STFC.  Just hoping it applies today, and we sweep them aside.  Go on.  Surprise me again.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 09:59:14 »

I don't know what to expect today!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #92 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 09:59:53 »

A vast improvement but still a bit leaky at the back

4-3
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 10:00:02 »

The only good thing about this game being BCD, is the opportunity for the Rovers fans to take the total piss out of us after another hammering will be lost.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 10:08:57 »

Glass houses and all that. They support Bristol Rovers ffs.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 10:09:50 »

Right, the CG is going to be a fuck up free zone for anyone in red (or yellow / magenta) this  afternoon, isn't it?
 Yes No Hmmm Head Hurts Crash

Odds are not good that, for a change, we get to have a good laugh about an opposition keeper booting one into his own net.
Looks like it will stay dry and the game will start, but a request to charge Rovers fans full ticket price to watch should have been made anyway.

Winning the two Saturday games this week would cheer everyone up a bit.
 Pint

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Flashheart

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 10:13:07 »

The only good thing about this game being BCD, is the opportunity for the Rovers fans to take the total piss out of us after another hammering will be lost.

Have I missed something? Has the game been played already?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 10:18:24 »

If you're reading this Doughty, miss you.

Yeah, just hope that it's a decision that he doesn't regret when reflecting back in the rocker at the pipe and slipper stage.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #98 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 10:26:19 »

Trying to muster a small dab of optimism, one thing that still baffles me after 30 yrs of following this club is the way we seem able to turn out insanely different performances just days apart, with the same team, for no discernable reason.  Consistently inconsistent.  'Past performance is no guarantee of future results.'  You usually see that in adverts for investment products, but it could be equally applied to STFC.  Just hoping it applies today, and we sweep them aside.  Go on.  Surprise me again.
I can honestly say its the "Swindon way".

I started going to watch Swindon in 1974 on my 8th birthday, over the years its always been the same, 1 great result is often followed by 1 shocker, often alternately throughout a season.

What we all want is for "today to be the day we destroy a team" rather than "today is the day we crumbled".

I was thinking the other day about our fluctuation in performances, it has always been there, I made up a little list of a couple of examples of this since I have been going where all is great then all is shit often inside a week, I only went up to 1999 but there have been many since then too.

But we always keep on wanting to go back even when the shit hits the fan(s) as we all know we CAN do it but we hope we WILL do it.

Here are a few in each season I found, these are consecutive matches often Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday etc.

H Bristol City W 3-2
H Oxford W 4-1
A Portsmouth L 2-5
H Watford L 1-4

A Burnley W 2-0
H Carlisle W 2-1
A Bristol Rovers W 4-1
A Walsall 0-5

A Peterborough W 1-0
A Scunthorpe L 2-6
H Hartlepool W 2-1
H Southend W 2-0

H Man City L 3-4
A Leicester L 2-3
H Plymouth D 1-1
A Leeds L 2-4
H Bournemouth W 4-2
H Huddersfield W 4-1

H Bury W 8-0
H Arsenal (LCQ) W 4-3
H Exeter L 2-3

H Lincoln W 6-0
A Carlisle D 0-0
A Southend L 3-5
H Colchester L 1-2
H Tranmere W 4-1

A Cambridge L 2-5
H Shrewsbury W 5-0

H Port Vale W 2-1
A Sheff Weds W 2-0
H Bury W 2-1
A Palace D 3-3
H Aldershot W 6-3
A Preston L 2-4
H Peterborough L 0-3
H Hereford L 0-1
A Grimsby L 0-1

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #99 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 10:34:32 »

Logic v hope. Nothing suggests we'll do anything other than a repeat of what we've done all season and yet I'm hopeful that today's the day the players wake up and start putting things right.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 10:53:56 »

I'm not too concerned about this bad run until we get all our injured players back and Sheridan has time to sort it out. I prefer hope to logic with STFC.

ust be the oldest
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 11:13:46 »

I took a mate from school to that man city game to give him a feel for a proper football match, an electric shrivvy road, 7 goals. he never went again. Prick.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 11:14:57 »

I'm not too concerned about this bad run until we get all our injured players back and Sheridan has time to sort it out. I prefer hope to logic with STFC.
Trouble is, we never seem to have all our injured players back to field a ‘best’ eleven.

Injuries + poor form + regular mistakes = a very good chance of relegation.

Hopefully things will click into place soon but I fear another defeat or two before they do.

Robins 1 - 5 Gassy Pirates
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 11:19:58 »

Draw. 1-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #104 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 11:23:06 »

I took a mate from school to that man city game to give him a feel for a proper football match, an electric shrivvy road, 7 goals. he never went again. Prick.
Cracking match that was.

TBH our match does have a 1-1 written all over it for me too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: