Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bristol Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 39274 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:00:17 »

How Broadbent still isn't starting is beyond me... Grounds looks absolutely hopeless
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:12:56 »

I dunno, I think whoever plays in a 2 with Smith would struggle. Smith is good but he does wonder a lot which leave the other centre midfielder needing to do a lot of covering.
Worth trying a Smith, Grant and Odimayo midfield 3 at the very least though.

I think thats an excellent point about the midfield 2. As you rightly state, Matt Smith is a wanderer and this often leaves Grant exposed and often overrun. I do think we need the 3 in midfield but don't really have the personnel unfortunately. As Sheridan took Palmer on loan, I wonder whether we are in a position to cancel his loan and have him back. It does seem absolutely barmy that Wellens would let him go out and leave the CM position woefully short on numbers. (aware that Wellens has said that Palmer didn't want to be at Swindon)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:19:05 »

I thought Wellens wanted him - and Broadbent - gone to free up wages for new players. And I thought Palmer had both Oldham and Wigan after him and he said he didn’t want to go to Oldham.
REDBUCK

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:44:36 »

I dunno, I think whoever plays in a 2 with Smith would struggle. Smith is good but he does wonder a lot which leave the other centre midfielder needing to do a lot of covering.
Worth trying a Smith, Grant and Odimayo midfield 3 at the very least though.

This could be a good idea to push Smith forward so that he is on the ball higher up and we arent relying on him to cover defensively as much.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:55:38 »

I like JoeMezz's team better than Panda's.  Broadbent alongside Odimayo is a big risk due to experience, I think both Broadbent and Odimayo need at least one experienced head alongside them.

I also like the idea of 3 in the middle and Odimayo could do a job in there alonside Grant and push M Smith forward slightly..  At least we have a couple of options there with hopfully Sheridan will look at.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Panda Paws

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:57:39 »

I like JoeMezz's team better than Panda's. 

So do I. I just don't think Shez will change the shape, but maybe the change last night suggests he's open to it.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 13:17:08 »

Can start using 5 subs for the rest of the season, starting from the Rovers game for us.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 13:29:57 »

Kovar

Odimayo
Baudry
Broadbent
Hunt

Caddis
Grant
Smith
Haines
Smith

Hope.

Probably 451, 10 men behind the ball stuff
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 13:53:38 »

I just popped my thoughts on a potential go forward team in the other thread, but I had forgotten about Broadbent.  He looked shot last season, but he did look OK on his return.

Maybe I tweak it a little:

Kovar
Hunt Baudry Broadbent Donohue
Grant M Smith Odimayo
J Smith Payne
Hope

Odimayo replaces Haines in my other attempt, but him and Grant basically sit in front of Baudry and Broadbent.  Leave Smith to do his thing and try and get control of the game for us.

J Smith is our best attacking wide player, by a mile.  Payne is to flicks and fancy for a team that is weak down the middle, move him out wide to create from there and allow that extra defensive body in central midfield.

Pitman is either completely unfit or past it, either way, he cannot lead the line a single forward right now.  Hope is the better option until T Smith returns.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 13:57:31 »

Is Donohue fit?

I left him out assuming he’s not available
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 13:58:40 »

Is Donohue fit?

I left him out assuming he’s not available

Not sure, if not, Caddis retains his spot and Hunt on the left.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 17:11:19 »

It has been a while since I’ve suggested a DV style ‘Brentford away 05/06’ back to basics approach but now seems a suitable time!

Let’s get Haines in, pack the midfield and try to scrap out a point...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 17:23:24 »

It has been a while since I’ve suggested a DV style ‘Brentford away 05/06’ back to basics approach but now seems a suitable time!

Let’s get Haines in, pack the midfield and try to scrap out a point...

Having to play like that, at this stage of the season and at home to a fellow struggler seems to be akin to realising that taking your dog to the vets to be put down is the only way out.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 17:27:09 »

Having to play like that, at this stage of the season and at home to a fellow struggler seems to be akin to realising that taking your dog to the vets to be put down is the only way out.

Yep. Well, if you have any better suggestions...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 19:44:39 »

I don't think I'm ready to post in here yet!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: